LeBrun: Jeremy Colliton and Hawks scouts at Sharks/Avs game

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yes I agree , earlier in the year it was known how their expectations from this kid didn't come to fruition.

Maybe with his stellar play they might either resign him or try and parlay his playoff play into a better trade deal.
most excellent. :clap: :bow:

Reactions: Taylorst

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Colorado supposedly went to Zadorov before the deadline and let him know that they view him as an important piece of the organization.

Colorado has no one else like Zadorov in the organization and Chicago is a division rival. I am not sure that I see anything that would make sense for Colorado to trade Z to Chicago.
i like what you are saying but in the new era of hockey, maybe they can find a doable trade.....

but as you suggested who knows ??

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
i like what you are saying but in the new era of hockey, maybe they can find a doable trade.....

but as you suggested who knows ??

Correct me if I'm am wrong but I think he is a RFA this summer so Chicago could pursue him , although I'm not sure what the costs would be

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Correct me if I'm am wrong but I think he is a RFA this summer so Chicago could pursue him , although I'm not sure what the costs would be
you are correct and that is why i am staying away from Col RFA. Col has alot of room in the cap and well i really hate pissing off another team with this RFA wars with different teams.

make a formal trade to incorporate other assets to both team will like ...... if it is able.

Reactions: Taylorst

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Zads could be an interesting case this summer. He seems to be happy in Colorado and the Avs are happy with him, given how he's stepped up this postseason and been by far our best bigger blueliner. But there could be some contractual friction if Zads comes in shooting for the higher ranges of his comparables (4.5M or more).

I'm expecting a 4 year deal in the 15-17M range; or another 2yr bridge deal if Zads wants that higher AAV, which may open the door for trade talks to restart...but Barrie almost took this team to arbitration too, so I'm not exactly panicking about this franchise pulling a Drury/ROR with big Nik atm, and I'm doubtful he would be traded within the division if he were dealt.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
All credit to @u2wojo for suggesting it first, but they're most certainly scouting Nemeth.

Nemeth was scratched so I doubt it.

Look, I don't think they're scouting anybody in particular. The pro scouts have to be somewhere and there aren't a lot of places to be right now. The coach just decided to join them to take in some hockey in person. The cost to send him to Colorado to watch if that's what he wanted is essentially nothing for an NHL club, so why not?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nemeth was scratched so I doubt it.

Look, I don't think they're scouting anybody in particular. The pro scouts have to be somewhere and there aren't a lot of places to be right now. The coach just decided to join them to take in some hockey in person. The cost to send him to Colorado to watch if that's what he wanted is essentially nothing for an NHL club, so why not?
Bowman said that they're ramping up their scouting since they have tons of money for UFAs this year. Colliton is involved with all trades now (he scouted Strome). Chances are he was there for business.

Too bad about Nemeth though. Of course they likely wouldn't have known he was being scratched ahead of time...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Bowman said that they're ramping up their scouting since they have tons of money for UFAs this year. Colliton is involved with all trades now (he scouted Strome). Chances are he was there for business.

Too bad about Nemeth though. Of course they likely wouldn't have known he was being scratched ahead of time...

Scratched the game before too ;)

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Or maybe they wanted to catch some great playoff hockey. Free tickets, who wouldn't?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Well now I'm curious, how come? A shutdown guy seens like exactly what you'd want in the playoffs.

He played extremely well in the first round...but with the addition of Makar + Girard returning from injury it was pretty much scratch Nemeth or run 7 D. The right side has EJ, Barrie, and Makar, and the left Girard, Cole, and Z.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
That would require either trading murphy or Seabrook, just to create roster and cap space.

Huh they have like 15 mill in space right now. And they have two guys that would be attractive to cash strapped teams (Keith and Anisimov)

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Huh they have like 15 mill in space right now. And they have two guys that would be attractive to cash strapped teams (Keith and Anisimov)

Keith is the easier move I completely agree with your point.

Seabrooks contract is the real problem.

It's not about how much cap they have this year, but how much of that they leave themselves for debrincant and strome new contracts next year.

That's why I mentioned Seabrook getting moved , you need the future cap space and it makes no sense to hold onto Seabrook, murphy, Keith if the defense is a problem.

Reactions: LDF

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

It's not about how much cap they have this year, but how much of that they leave themselves for debrincant and strome new contracts next year.

That's why I mentioned Seabrook getting moved , you need the future cap space and it makes no sense to hold onto Seabrook, murphy, Keith if the defense is a problem.

I mean unless something incredible like the #3 overall pick is being offered to eat Seabrook's contract and he is actually willing to waive I don't see how that is going to happen.... I think they are stuck with him whether they like it or not at this point. We also kind of knew that before the ink was even dry on that one.

Organizations scout and do things like this all the time if their AHL team is out. That LeBrun thought it was news worthy is really what stands out, a veteran reporter like him must have heard it wasn't just a casual trip and that made the tweet. But I was sort of amazed after the big long playoff run, how quickly Holland and company went to other barns when Grand Rapids was knocked out in recent years when the Wings were out of the playoffs. However, not a ton of these visits really had consequence in terms of action, we will see.

Reactions: Taylorst and LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

ref the bold, i am in total agreement. Seabs contract, while troublesome is or can still be worked around. it will need to have the Chi FO to work around it.

however that will need some real hard decisions and find a way around the Seabs contract.

b/c i who is not part of the Bhawks org can see ways around it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad