Speculation: Jensen Gone, We still looking for a RHD?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Caps are really ramping up for a another run.

They're a good team, and they got slightly better. Their D has been questionable this year.

I think we match up well against them in the regular season but I'm not sure about the playoffs. They've got Tom Wilson who will wreak havoc on our forwards and D (Gardiner got a taste).

I think Kreider fixes some of those toughness concerns as a guy who can even play on our top 6.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
They're a good team, and they got slightly better. Their D has been questionable this year.

I think we match up well against them in the regular season but I'm not sure about the playoffs. They've got Tom Wilson who will wreak havoc on our forwards and D (Gardiner got a taste).

I think Kreider fixes some of those toughness concerns as a guy who can even play on our top 6.
I would absolutely love Kreider, him and Matthews on a line would be a force to be reckoned with.

I truly believe we get a top 4 RHD, with Babcock separating Muzzin and Rielly right off the bat, and pressuring Dubas to make moves in today’s press conference, you gotta think moves will be made, Gudas would be nice.

I think depending on Kapanens contract demands, he may be en route to Carolina for Pesce

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I wouldn't doubt it. Considering Dubas acquired Muzzin, and that Jensen is a pending UFA at this point, we can guess what the price is on a quality, non-rental R(H)D though.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Their scouting of the Canes would suggest they still are, though I think the likelihood of a major trade to be fairly slim before the TDL

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think Dubas pulls the trigger on something it would be pretty dumb to just get a costly Muzzin and say we are good enough to go 2 rounds deep.

ElbowLander

Jan 12, 2018
We added Tavares and Muzzin and they barely moved the needle.

One player won't help this team. Developing a system with structure will. I don't see us making any trades at all after the way Muzzin has been wasted so far.
1000 %

We are what we are. Now lets get gardiner to blow another series for us

Reactions: WilliamNylander

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
I know a lot of people have very short attention spans. but I'd suggest you look up the UFA market for D, especially RHD, in 2020. It's is very good, keep your assets and plan ahead further.

PM (gone) and JM (could resign) are done. Gives 2 offseasons and an expansion draft to dump Zaitsev.

Only RFA coming off ELC are Dermott and the Goat. Cap will probably go up again. Brown is a RFA but won't need a raise. Sandin and Lily should be on the NHL roster with ELC by then.

They will have cap space and a very deep RHD UFA market. 2020-21 should be a very good year if they can land people

Reactions: Jeypic

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
RHD make more money with worse stats in the NHL.

Handedness matters. A lot.

Receiving D to D passes on the backhand and clearing the zone on your backhand ? GTFO.

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

CincoHolio

Jan 8, 2013
Toronto
We added Tavares and Muzzin and they barely moved the needle.

One player won't help this team. Developing a system with structure will. I don't see us making any trades at all after the way Muzzin has been wasted so far.

Not disputing this statement at all, however it should never preclude upgrading talent from an organizational standpoint if the right deal is there.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Was hoping to get a goalie in case Andersen struggles like he did last year in the playoffs. He cost us the series.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Was hoping to get a goalie in case Andersen struggles like he did last year in the playoffs. He cost us the series.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad