Player Discussion Jeff Skinner

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
And he is absolutely foolish to think that way.

I have been saying that Skinner should be playing with Eichel for a long time. He's being wasted where he has played, and his salary is being wasted as well. I assume this is part of a feud of sorts between Ralph and Botterill.

Reactions: sabremike

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I have been saying that Skinner should be playing with Eichel for a long time. He's being wasted where he has played, and his salary is being wasted as well. I assume this is part of a feud of sorts between Ralph and Botterill.
or worse, an agreement.
Skinner-Eichel-Olofsson

Just once I want to see it. I dare you, Ralph.

**But Skinner is fine.

He's been playing with scrubs working his ass off.

He's not suddenly a bad player. It's an off stretch from injury, it happens.

He'll bounce back and score at least 20-30 if he's playing with 2 top six players.

Contract looks bad now bc the bad stretch but it probably won't be that bad until the last couple years.

If anything he's overpaid 1.5M. That was what he was worth. He's not done. BTW the stick a fork in him was ironic/satirical. He's definitely not done unless there's some serious injury. I just like sticking forks in things after it became a major trend. Stick a fork in Buffalo, stick a fork in Calgary, stick a fork in Skinner. It's literally like the new "literally".

And after 1k posts,

stick a fork in this thread.

Last edited:

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
There definitely seems to be an ego block here with Krueger. I doubt Botterill wants to see Skinner struggling while Olofsson and Reinhart's stats get pumped in a contract year. There are a couple alternate line options that on paper at least appear to build 2 fairly solid lines. All of them require doing the only two things Krueger says he just won't do and doesn't see the merit in, either moving Reinhart away from Eichel, and or putting Skinner with Eichel. Olofsson could be just as effective, maybe more so, on his offwing where he can use his lethal shot on cross ice passes with his stick on the center ice side giving a better angle on the goal, as long as the opposite wing is a good passer and can cycle a bit with the center in the left corner. For example:

Johansson - Eichel - Olofsson
Skinner - Larson/Lasar - Reinhart

or

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Johansson - Larson/Lasar - Olofsson

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Listening and reading some comments about Skinner and I'm still left with the idea people have collapsed Geoff Sanderson with Jeff Skinner.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Skinner-Eichel-Olofsson

Just once I want to see it. I dare you, Ralph.

**But Skinner is fine.

He's been playing with scrubs working his ass off.

He's not suddenly a bad player. It's an off stretch from injury, it happens.

He'll bounce back and score at least 20-30 if he's playing with 2 top six players.

Contract looks bad now bc the bad stretch but it probably won't be that bad until the last couple years.

If anything he's overpaid 1.5M. That was what he was worth. He's not done. BTW the stick a fork in him was ironic/satirical. He's definitely not done unless there's some serious injury. I just like sticking forks in things after it became a major trend. Stick a fork in Buffalo, stick a fork in Calgary, stick a fork in Skinner. It's literally like the new "literally".

And after 1k posts,

stick a fork in this thread.

1.5M might be generous....

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
2019/20
ixG/60: 0.88
iCF/60: 17.12
iHDCF/60: 4.46
iSh%: 9.02%
G/60: 0.98

2018/19
ixG/60: 0.88
iCF/60: 16.02
iHDCF/60: 4.66
iSh%: 13.78%
G/60: 1.34

Skinner's career G/60 at 5on5 is 1.1

Reactions: jc17 and Fezzy126

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
The issue with the Sabres continues to be the same as always. Consistent offense only flows through Eichel and we can't fit Skinner, Olofsson and Reinhart all on his line at the same time.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
The issue with the Sabres continues to be the same as always. Consistent offense only flows through Eichel and we can't fit Skinner, Olofsson and Reinhart all on his line at the same time.

Unless one of them learns to play defenseman :sarcasm:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Biron really ripped into Skinner today.

Biron said that earlier in the season he was in favor of trying Skinner with Eichel to get him going. Now he wouldn't because Skinner isn't trying to win, he's just trying to score and that kind of play shouldn't be rewarded.

Reactions: seagull

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Biron really ripped into Skinner today.

Biron said that earlier in the season he was in favor of trying Skinner with Eichel to get him going. Now he wouldn't because Skinner isn't trying to win, he's just trying to score and that kind of play shouldn't be rewarded.

What did Marty think Skinner was doing last year then? Or is it a results based opinion only?

Reactions: joshjull

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Skinner will finish with ~20 goals in his worst season if his career. He needs help. Lets not forget before the slump Skinner was on pace for 30 goals. That is what he is, a 30 goal winger who will have years with 5-10 goals in either direction from that 30.

I think Cozens and Skinner will make a deadly duo.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
What did Marty think Skinner was doing last year then? Or is it a results based opinion only?
He said he was watching him in practice and Skinner was not putting in the work and shouldn’t be rewarded with more ice time or VOs spot.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
This is some next level Buffalo ****. If Skinner isn't putting in the work you have to correct and not reward that tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad