Proposal: Jeff Skinner?

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
jeff_skinner_carolina.jpg

Actually, he looks like a not-so-high version of my old high-school buddy, Brian...

1158_1055638475292_6867_n.jpg

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Maybe he's a Larry?

Not good looking enough! :sarcasm:

And we don't need a small, concussion prone very expensive winger. We have Konecny, Aube-Kubel, Martel and Kase in the organization now, let's just develop our own cheaper, healthier, faster model...

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I'd give Schenn & Schenn (almost enough cap)
+ Hagg/Laughton/Cousins/NAK
+ Pick

Thats probably not enough to get it done, but we don't have much else to give. The thought of Voracek/Skinner skating on the same line is just silly.

Carolina won't want Vinny/Umberger

PhillyCurt12

Apr 12, 2010
Carolina has a bit of a logjam of not so great players on the back end, I don't think they'd want any of L.Schenn/AMac/Gudas. B.Schenn + Umberger might do it, but I don't think they'd add a pick. Maybe swap Chi's 2nd for their 3rd or 4th to get it done.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
He would be perfect on the LW of Giroux and Voracek.

One of the best young snipers in the game.

Totally have to disagree with you there. He would definitely not be the perfect LW for them. Just because the guy can shoot the puck doesn't mean he would be a good fit for them. A power forward / two way player is a much better fit for G and V. Someone who is going to go in the corners, retrieve the puck, and find some open space (i.e. a Raffl like player).

Skinner should slide somewhere else in the line up to better balance out the scoring. I don't understand the fallacy to stacking the top line and mix mashing the rest of the lines.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I agree with part of what a previous poster said in that I'd move both Schenns for him. Where I disagree is in the additions to that package. I feel like that might be enough to get a deal done considering his higher salary, injury concerns and 31 point total last year. Maybe add a 2nd to that, but not more prospects.

And yeah, I like Raffl on the first line, so the idea so Skinner-Coots-Simmonds would be pretty awesome. I think it could really bring out Coots offensive game as well.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
What's his injury concerns? I know he's had a few concussions but other than that he has played over 70 games the last two years. His line mates last year were awful which could explain his off year. If we could buy low like the schennsband possibly 3rd for I'd do it. He's only 23 and going into his prime. With good linemates I could easily see him to returning to form. If we can buy low, that would be a pretty good pickup who would be hitting his prime by the time we are ready to contend,

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I loved watching Skinner in Kitchener, but I want no part of him on the Flyers unless he is a handout. He is one hit away from being out of the league. Not only that, he is on a pritty big contract and Carolina would want a couple assets back. No thanks, stay away. But I still do enjoy watching him play.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I loved watching Skinner in Kitchener, but I want no part of him on the Flyers unless he is a handout. He is one hit away from being out of the league. Not only that, he is on a pritty big contract and Carolina would want a couple assets back. No thanks, stay away. But I still do enjoy watching him play.

Well, that's certainly a bit over the top...

I'd like Skinner if Carolina was willing to sell low on him.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Yeah, the guy's only missed 16 games in the past two years. He's not exactly being held together by duct tape. There's no doubt a bit of risk involved, but he's an immense talent and well worth it, imo, if Carolina isn't looking for a major haul.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Every player is one bad hit from being out of the league. Missing only a handful of games over the past few years isn't much to worry about. It's not like he's missed a majority of the last two seasons.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
One hit from being out of the league might be a bit extreme. I am not ripping on Skinner at all as I am one of his biggest fans. But he has had a couple concussions over the past couple seasons. There is concern no doubt.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Every player is one bad hit from being out of the league. Missing only a handful of games over the past few years isn't much to worry about. It's not like he's missed a majority of the last two seasons.

Not every player.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'd give Schenn & Schenn (almost enough cap)
+ Hagg/Laughton/Cousins/NAK
+ Pick

Thats probably not enough to get it done, but we don't have much else to give. The thought of Voracek/Skinner skating on the same line is just silly.

Carolina won't want Vinny/Umberger

See that is a big overpayment. BSchenn just had a much better year than Skinner. I would not add to BSchenn to get Skinner unless it was a meh piece...like Luke, Gudas, Umberger.

Today, BSchenn is the better player....but Skinner has more upside.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
See that is a big overpayment. BSchenn just had a much better year than Skinner. I would not add to BSchenn to get Skinner unless it was a meh piece...like Luke, Gudas, Umberger.

Today, BSchenn is the better player....but Skinner has more upside.

Schenn hasn't shown near the potential of Skinner. If JS actually had linemates he should be able to score 30-40 goals. He has is so much more raw talent than Schenn, its not close. His edge work -- oh my. Makes Sanheim look like Jody Shelly

Figured Luke holds little to no value, but frees up a spot for provorov.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Schenn hasn't shown near the potential of Skinner. If JS actually had linemates he should be able to score 30-40 goals. He has is so much more raw talent than Schenn, its not close. His edge work -- oh my. Makes Sanheim look like Jody Shelly

Figured Luke holds little to no value, but frees up a spot for provorov.

I agree with you. But as I said, Schenn just had a better year. I have no issue adding something I don't mind losing. But adding Luke, then good prospect, and a pick is way too much. If you remove the prospect and the pick was a 3rd or later...then fine. But I would not add the prospect in.

Luke has the value of a 3rd IMO....so that makes it Brayden, and say a 3rd and a 4th. That is enough to risk that goes with adding Skinner.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Yes every player. Someone who's never been injured before could take one nasty hit and never be able to play again.

Again. No not every player. What about John Scott, Ryan Reaves? Just to name a couple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad