Proposal: Jeff Skinner?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
salary of 6 milly [cap hit of 5.725] means that we'd probably have to move at least one player on the roster for him & probably have to get rid of another shortly thereafter to fit him longterm

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Not really. His contract is huge. Carolina would have to take back Umberger or Vinny in any Skinner trade with us.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
We aren't that team yet. 3 years maybe we are in a position to add an expensive LW.

Not now, Hextall is still cleaning.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Only if you feel he's going to be your 2nd line LW in 3 years at fair market value.

I would be okay giving up some B prospect/s and a 2nd if MacD goes the other way or if they retain so it's a $4.5m cap hit.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He's 23 not 32.

If you think he can be apart of your core you can do it.

They can't afford 6MM dollar wingers right now. ****, they might not be able to afford an 8.5MM dollar winger, they will do it, but its going to be ugly.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Only if you feel he's going to be your 2nd line LW in 3 years at fair market value.

I would be okay giving up some B prospect/s and a 2nd if MacD goes the other way or if they retain so it's a $4.5m cap hit.

I don't think you can get him for slop and expensive slop.

That's the problem.

DogwoodFLY

Jul 13, 2009
Unfortunately I don't expect Skinner to play a full career he is one concussion away from having some discussions about if it's a smart idea for him to continue his career.

So, no I would pass on Skinner.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's been said, but I'll add my voice to the chorus. Would I take Jeff Skinner? Absolutely. Would the Hurricanes accept what I would be willing to pay for Jeff Skinner? Almost certainly not. Would I give them what they want me to pay? I don't think we can afford to.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I don't think you can get him for slop and expensive slop.

That's the problem.

It's been said, but I'll add my voice to the chorus. Would I take Jeff Skinner? Absolutely. Would the Hurricanes accept what I would be willing to pay for Jeff Skinner? Almost certainly not. Would I give them what they want me to pay? I don't think we can afford to.

Yeah that probably sums up the situation best.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
They can't afford 6MM dollar wingers right now. ****, they might not be able to afford an 8.5MM dollar winger, they will do it, but its going to be ugly.

That's a different problem. If they're able to move Amac then I would be ok going after Skinner depending on the price. I think it's unlikely, but if I'm Hextall and I see Skinner as a future top line LW I wouldn't just write it off and say no we're not that team yet.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I am a fan of Skinner but Carolina isn't the best trading partner. They are in the midst of a rebuild and I wouldn't be comfortable giving up next year's first round pick considering the uncertainty of what the Flyers will be next season. The consensus opinion is that this team is a bubble team and at best would get knocked out in the 1st round. It could be for the better if the team lands another top 10 pick and shells out more veterans at the deadline for extra picks. At that point, Hextall would have enough assets to move for an impact player like Skinner.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Didn't we just acquire a player like that, talented offensively but somewhat MIA on the defensive end?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just remember with Skinner...he only missed 5 games this year...then 11 and 6 the 2 previous years. So nothing too crazy. But yes, he could get another concussion. Then again, Bergeron was in the same situation and he has been fine.

If we were able to add say Umberger into the deal...then maybe it makes sense. Maybe something like:

BSchenn
Umberger

Skinner
3rd rounder

Really...the only way we get Skinner is if we give up something that can help them and has value. BSchenn is both...and with who we have at C and RW, he is the most movable.

Raffl G Voracek
Skinner Couts Simmonds
Read Laughton Gagner
Belle White VDV

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Just remember with Skinner...he only missed 5 games this year...then 11 and 6 the 2 previous years. So nothing too crazy. But yes, he could get another concussion. Then again, Bergeron was in the same situation and he has been fine.

If we were able to add say Umberger into the deal...then maybe it makes sense. Maybe something like:

BSchenn
Umberger

Skinner
3rd rounder

Really...the only way we get Skinner is if we give up something that can help them and has value. BSchenn is both...and with who we have at C and RW, he is the most movable.

Raffl G Voracek
Skinner Couts Simmonds
Read Laughton Gagner
Belle White VDV

Won't be a popular opinion to break up Giroux and Voracek but I think Couturier and Voracek could be a dominate 2 way line. Skinner has more than enough skill to play with Giroux.

This would be 2-3 years away but something like:

Skinner-Giroux-Simmonds
Konecny-Couturier-Voracek

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
He would be perfect on the LW of Giroux and Voracek.

One of the best young snipers in the game.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I'm against this. Mainly cause I think Skinner is a huge *****. He also gets blown up by hits constantly.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I don't think we can trust him. He doesn't look like a Jeff and that's concerning.

As a Jeff, I have to wholeheartedly support this point. Skinner looks more like a Timmy. Not Tim, but Timmy. His whole face necessitates a -y at the end of his name. One cannot say Jeffy, outside of the Family Circus cartoons, which as we know was drawn and written by Bil Keane. Since he and/or his parents obviously cannot spell first names, his abominable distortion of the name Jeff cannot be given any credence.

jeff_skinner_carolina.jpg

Maybe Harry, as I went to high school with a Harry Skinner. And his father should be named Walter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad