Proposal: Jeff Skinner?

PhillyCurt12

Apr 12, 2010
Again. No not every player. What about John Scott, Ryan Reaves? Just to name a couple.

How about Pronger? He was a pretty stout dude until a freak stick to the eye. Every player is one injury away from the end of their career. Scott, Reaves, anyone.

WhatIsTwoWayHockey

Jun 25, 2015
I like Skinner's offensive upside, but I'd prefer a bigger two-way forward if possible. I think there are better players out there/will be for that price tag

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
How about Pronger? He was a pretty stout dude until a freak stick to the eye. Every player is one injury away from the end of their career. Scott, Reaves, anyone.

Your right. Pronged was not one HIT from the end of his career. He was one FREAK incident away from the end of his career.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Some people are pretending that Skinner has not had a bunch of hits that potentially might have caused a concussion. I don't think I have seen someone with so many highlights of where they took a really bad hit. Every player could took a hit that ends their career or their life but that is really far down on the probability list. Skinner isn't that far off where he could take a few more concussion like hits and be done with hockey.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I like Skinner's offensive upside, but I'd prefer a bigger two-way forward if possible. I think there are better players out there/will be for that price tag

Agreed. I liked Skinner but last year he was pretty ineffective in the games I saw vs the Flyers. If we are trading the Schenns plus we can get a better player to suit our needs.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
I agree with you. But as I said, Schenn just had a better year. I have no issue adding something I don't mind losing. But adding Luke, then good prospect, and a pick is way too much. If you remove the prospect and the pick was a 3rd or later...then fine. But I would not add the prospect in.

Luke has the value of a 3rd IMO....so that makes it Brayden, and say a 3rd and a 4th. That is enough to risk that goes with adding Skinner.

We're in the ballpark, but if they want a 2nd instead I'd do it. I may also be lower on Schenn than you...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad