Value of: Jeff Skinner to Anaheim Ducks

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Just read the McKenzie report. Had no idea Skinner would be available. He’s been extremely solid LW for Canes for years. Dude puts up points.

Contract Status
26 y/o Jeff’ Skinner 5.7 million NMC contract also ends after 2018-19 season.

Any fans mind chiming in what the value would take from Anaheim to land em? He would be perfect fit on our second or third line. Either with Kesler or with Henrique. And he fits our budget over other available LW options.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
ANA kinda in an awkward position where they dont have a lot of players with term save for guys Like Getz & Perry (who fwiw, I would consider moving under the right circumstances). On top of that, if they are indeed looking to move on from the old core, they will need their draft picks.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Skinner is also 1 yr left, UFA

I'd keep Ritchie though and just make this Silf with a small add (mid pick or prospect) for Skinner.
My mistake...I was looking at CAR's cap earlier and could have sworn I saw RFA. If Im ANA, im not heartbroken if I lose Ritchie. Defense, goalie, Rakell & Kase would be my "untouchables"

I would still have a large concern if I was CAR.....locking up a UFA you traded for is no easy ask

Reactions: Getz2perry

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I think Silfverberg plus makes sense for Skinner. Both are going to be UFAs after next season, so the trade is 30-goal scorer (average for career) for 20-goal scorer.

Skinner and 2018 2nd (or Di Guiseppe) for Silfverberg and 2018 1st.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think Silfverberg plus makes sense for Skinner. Both are going to be UFAs after next season, so the trade is 30-goal scorer (average for career) for 20-goal scorer.

Skinner and 2018 2nd (or Di Guiseppe) for Silfverberg and 2018 1st.

I think this sounds a little more fair than the other offer, although I thought the other one was good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad