Confirmed with Link: Jeff Skinner re-signs. 8 years, $9M AAV.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
On which teams though? Will he really want to play in San Jose?
Thats really the crux of it .

What becomes his priority if he’s bought out?

Location?
Cup contender?
Money?

He could easily get a Tarasenko type deal if he didn’t care where he went.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think if they are getting the type of coach Adams suggested (Very system oriented, veteran coach), it could hasten his exit from the team.

He was stapled to the top line for the majority of Granato's stint here, getting high o-zone starts and being able to avoid the d-zone.

I can't imagine any of the veteran coaches available will give Skinner that kind of deference.

Skinner went from playing 18+ Minutes a night to start the season to 12-14 minutes to finish the season.

Very interested to see how they handle him this summer.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I think if they are getting the type of coach Adams suggested (Very system oriented, veteran coach), it could hasten his exit from the team.

He was stapled to the top line for the majority of Granato's stint here, getting high o-zone starts and being able to avoid the d-zone.

I can't imagine any of the veteran coaches available will give Skinner that kind of deference.

Skinner went from playing 18+ Minutes a night to start the season to 12-14 minutes to finish the season.

Very interested to see how they handle him this summer.
Lindy would f***ing hate Jeff Skinner

Reactions: MeenOlViks

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yet another reason why I f***ing hate Jason Botterill. Knowing full well Skinner really wanted to be in the area, there was absolutely nothing in that contract that broke Buffalo's way.

I don't think a buyout is in the cards just yet. I could easily see management trying to ride him another season in the hopes he cracks the 30 goal mark, possibly being the main driver of a secondary scoring line with Krebs. I don't like this plan, I don't think it will work and would likely ooze goals against, but it seems the likely course of action.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
I still feel like it's going to come out this week that Skinner has been playing through an injury for the 2nd half of this year.

He got absolutely destroyed by MacKinnon in December and missed 3 games after the hit. I was shocked he popped right up afterwards. The way the back of his head snaps into the boards I was thinking serious concussion.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
He got absolutely destroyed by MacKinnon in December and missed 3 games after the hit. I was shocked he popped right up afterwards. The way the back of his head snaps into the boards I was thinking serious concussion.

he says no lingering issues from the hit, maybe he doesn't remember :p.

Jeff Skinner said there were no lingering effects from the Nathan MacKinnon hit in December.Health wasn’t a factor in Skinner’s second half. Expressed excitement to get to work on fixing what went wrong in his game.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The "good" news is that I've never thought of Skinner as a lazy off-ice player. So I believe him when he says he'll put the work in.

That said -- if he wasn't hurt.......are his legs just done? Cuz he did NOT look like the same player the 2nd half of this year.

Yeah....if he's sure that he wasn't injured, I'm fine moving on from him.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
Can he please just say the playoff drought is taking away for his love of the game or call Terry an ignorant slut, or something to hasten his departure.
Maybe the impossible will happen, we hire RBA and Skinner just says "Aawww Hell No!"

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
he says no lingering issues from the hit, maybe he doesn't remember :p.

Jeff Skinner said there were no lingering effects from the Nathan MacKinnon hit in December.Health wasn’t a factor in Skinner’s second half. Expressed excitement to get to work on fixing what went wrong in his game.

The timing of this was incredible. I posted about MacKinnon's hit a few minutes before Skinner mentioned it in his interview.

That hit seemed to be a pretty clear turning point in his season. Even with no lingering effects I'm surprised he wouldn't want to blame his shoddy 2nd half of the season on it

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can't fix stupid. But you can reduce your exposure to it. I see third line minutes frequent third period benchings in this guys future.

They can't afford to have their most expensive forward going that long without a goal. He scored 5 goals in the final 24 games but three were in one game. He had 7 in the last half of the team's season... for $9M dollars. The wheels have come off, it's time to be proactive and walk him out.

Reactions: Gabrielor

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
They can't afford to have their most expensive forward going that long without a goal. He scored 5 goals in the final 24 games but three were in one game. He had 7 in the last half of the team's season... for $9M dollars. The wheels have come off, it's time to be proactive and walk him out.
This organization and especially our GM doesn't have the balls to walk him out. It's exactly why I'm taking the Adams presser with a huge grain of salt, because one aspect of fixing this team involves moving on from Jeffery Skinner. I broke up with the guy months ago, and am more than ready to move on via a buyout if necessary.

Prove me wrong Kevyn. Please.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

He showed exactly who he was before they gave him this contract. He went like the last 20 games without a goal and then scored a handful in the final game to get to 40

The Pegula eras dumbest contract. At least with Leino there was an easy buyout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad