Jeff Schultz

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
can u tell me how did they use sarge ?

i just think the role he had (top4) was to much for him. he actually never really tried to adapt for example develop an more aggressive backcheck game. or maybe he tried we dont know, anyway the major blame goes to gm and coaches for not intervene earlier... u all know sarges passiveness destroyed his partners.

the dialoge with him must went like this

coach: jeff u had a great season (50+/-)we believe in u and want to give u a chance in the top 4.
jeff:k
coach: jeff i read on hfboards that u dont backceck, can u do that pls.
jeff: nope
coach: when green gets healthy u are going to get scratched
jeff: ok
coach: our defense is banged up now, we promote u to top pair but try to clear some dump ins now.
jeff: nope, trade me.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Tangentially... who's the worst player to win the cup? In recent memory I'm going with Sean Avery and Matt Cooke.

I don't know if this really counts, but....

Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Pittsburgh+Penguins+Game+zC1xATNpXnAl.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Being in the minors all year may have been the best thing for him.

And well, getting plucked up by the formidable Kings.

When moving on into coaching, he will be talked up about getting a cup, and of course, plus fiddy.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Last edited:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Who cares?

Fringe NHLers get to lift the Cup every year. It's not like he was one that got away or provided any sort of positive contribution toward the win.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
We made a huge mistake. Obviously we should bring him back and give him a life time contract.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Good for him. He got to touch the Cup, and we don't have him on our roster. Everyone wins.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
He put his elbow pads on so he would blend in, and look like he played in any photos until the end of time.

How many times did he press it over his head? I am kidding. I am happy for him.

:cry:

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
Who cares?

Fringe NHLers get to lift the Cup every year. It's not like he was one that got away or provided any sort of positive contribution toward the win.

Sorry, he was GREAT in the Ducks series.

The team will petition his name on the Cup, he has earned it!

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Passenger.

Not completely a passenger.

He did his part, what was asked of him, as a member of the team that won the Stanley Cup. Not his fault that they didn't use him more but when called upon and needed during the Anaheim series he was there.

He just has lucky horseshoes. Congrats to Schultz.

He's going to get a pretty fancy ring to flash for all eternity and most general public won't know or care how much of a role he played. Kind of like Subban winning Gold at the Olympics. It's on the record books. +50 too.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Actually in some discussion I was listening to this morning they mentioned Shultz and said that coaches and team were really thankful and impressed with what he did for them and felt that he was actually key in contributing to their getting to where they did.

I'm happy for the guy. He paid his dues this year in the AHL but when he was asked, he stepped up, did what they needed him to do and contributed. The guy could have easily packed it in and not want to play in the minors all year, but he stuck with it and look where it got him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad