Jeff Schultz

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'm pretty sure he needs to play in the SCF to get his name on the Cup.

With Regehr coming back for LA too he's not going to play.

Efactor

Dec 10, 2002
hfboards.mandatory.com
I believe any playoff time gets him on the Cup. There is a minimum number of regular season games if you don't play in the playoffs.

His name will be on the Cup. And let's face it, he played well for them when he was in there. He was forced out of town by the coaching staff who didn't like that a guy that big was more aggressive. Bottom line is he is a good serviceable NHLer, but was never going to live up to expectations. We could have used him last year.

I am happy for Sarge. He'll be back in the NHL full-time next year with someone.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I believe the way it works is that you need to play 41 regular season games or 1 finals game to automatically get your name on the cup. But I think teams are allowed to make cases for others who don't meet that criteria. He played 7 playoff games so far, 1 game against the Hawks and the other 6 against the Ducks I believe. Is that enough for the Kings to want to try to get his name added and even if they do will whoever makes that decision agree? I have no idea but I think the case could be made they may not have even gotten passed the Ducks without his contribution.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I believe any playoff time gets him on the Cup. There is a minimum number of regular season games if you don't play in the playoffs.

His name will be on the Cup. And let's face it, he played well for them when he was in there. He was forced out of town by the coaching staff who didn't like that a guy that big was more aggressive. Bottom line is he is a good serviceable NHLer, but was never going to live up to expectations. We could have used him last year.

I am happy for Sarge. He'll be back in the NHL full-time next year with someone.

Nothing in this post is correct.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I believe the way it works is that you need to play 41 regular season games or 1 finals game to automatically get your name on the cup. But I think teams are allowed to make cases for others who don't meet that criteria. He played 7 playoff games so far, 1 game against the Hawks and the other 6 against the Ducks I believe. Is that enough for the Kings to want to try to get his name added and even if they do will whoever makes that decision agree? I have no idea but I think the case could be made they may not have even gotten passed the Ducks without his contribution.

Yeah but those are almost every time due to injuries. It's kind of different when player just isn't good enough to get dressed for that certain team when they are healthy enough.

They could make a case for it, but even if they did i highly doubt it will pass.

OT: Sucks for Matt Frattin that he got traded after playing 40 regular season games with the Kings. :laugh:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yeah but those are almost every time due to injuries. It's kind of different when player just isn't good enough to get dressed for that certain team when they are healthy enough.

They could make a case for it, but even if they did i highly doubt it will pass.

I'm not saying you are likely correct or incorrect because I have no idea but does anyone have a list of all the players who have not met the current criteria but got their names on the cup anyway? I would doubt it would be possible to find out who a case was made for but was rejected by the powers that be.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
We have a thread arguing whether or not Schultz will have his name engraved on the cup.

Depressing.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can't wait for Willie Mitchell to stub his toe, Jeff Schultz to dress for game 4, and then Schultzie to score the cup clinching OTGWG.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We have a thread arguing whether or not Schultz will have his name engraved on the cup.

Depressing.

This.

27567326.jpg

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

Depressing.

Yeah hard to believe something like this could get in the way of all the other riveting discussions currently going on on this board...

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Really?????????????????????????

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
I still find it funny Schultz asked for a trade/release.

Our management would of held on to him forever. #Chara2.0

Halpysback*

Id take him back if it meant Mike Green reverting to form. Perhaps they were meant for each other

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY

Jeff Schultz highlight film.

To be fair, Dubi on CBus pulled off a nasty move against a Pens defender that led to a late goal this postseason. He's got hands - Sarge thought he was going up the boards! Once he went through him, it didn't matter that Sarge blew a tire.

fashi13

Feb 13, 2008
Really?????????????????????????

At his first few games back in 2008, my then 4 year old son asked why #55 was so slow, played scared, and couldn't pass the puck very well. My brother and I knew that Schultz sucked, and it was obvious to even a 4 1/2 year old. Brandon Dubinsky opened even more eyes later in the playoffs. He is not an NHL regular unless he is surrounded by great players and sheltered.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Are you kidding me?! The Caps plan to bring back Schultz as a coach in 10-15 years from now...highlighting that he's won a cup!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ahhh Kegger you stole my thunder I was going to say maybe we bring him back as an assistant one day :laugh: It was such a random thought I didn't bother.

Of all the players on our roster, I thought it most bizarre of Bruce to label Sarge fearless. On a team ft. Ovi Brash Erskine Bradley etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad