Value of: Jeff petry

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Why would we deal him if we’re short on puck moving defensemen?

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Why would we deal him if we’re short on puck moving defensemen?
because apparantly Bergevin is on Voynov wich i think would be a great idea if we can flip Petry for either future or flip Petry for a similar player LHD

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
If we can get petry to lift his NMC!

What would your team be ready to pay for him?
Just so you know, this upcoming season his NMC changes to a NTC where he can list 15 that he will not accept a trade to.

So it’s not as hard to try and move him. If say the Habs did get a Voynov or something.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Just so you know, this upcoming season his NMC changes to a NTC where he can list 15 that he will not accept a trade to.

So it’s not as hard to try and move him. If say the Habs did get a Voynov or something.
thank you i wasn't aware of this, it's indeed a game changer, With Juulsen coming soon, Josh brook looking like a steal, Weber signed for years, i realy think it would be a smart idea to sell High on petry, RHD is a big needed position, If someone can either offer us Future offensive player or even a similar player to petry but LHD. i'd jump on that, sign voynov for 1-2 year.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Just so you know...
An NMC stands for “No Movement Clause”, which stops the player from being traded or put on waivers and sent down to the AHL.
An NTC is a “No Trade Clause”, which still stops a player from being traded, but they can be put on waivers and sent down to the AHL.
What you are referring to is an MNTC, which stands for “Modified No Trade Clause”, which is where a player can list a number of teams they will or will not accept a trade to.

Regardless, any way you look at it, the Habs would be idiotic to trade him.
Also, if they sign that POS Voynov, I’ll burn my jersey.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
because apparantly Bergevin is on Voynov wich i think would be a great idea if we can flip Petry for either future or flip Petry for a similar player LHD

Your getting ahead of yourself. Maybe wait till you know you have the replacement before dealing the player you have. There is a ton of work to be done by the Voynov camp to clear the way, and then you would need to trade for him, if the team that holds his rights decides to move him.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Bad timing for this thread. As long as Weber's condition is a question mark and we don't have a replacement in place (the Voynov thing is kind of a longshot now), Petry simply can't be traded.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You can trade him for something at the trade deadline or re sign him for like 6 million for something.

What if he doesn't want to re-sign with us? We can always flip him at the TDL but I don't think that's a good premise for the Petry trade as we need him, or Gardiner if that trade happened, possibly for a couple of more years.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Value at an all time high, tied for 26th in D scoring, signed for 3 more years at a respectable $5.5MM

Unless the offer starts with a mid 1st rounder or A+ prospect might as well keep him, no pressure to trade

Won't be a popular ask but check out the D below him in scoring

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Value at an all time high, tied for 26th in D scoring, signed for 3 more years at a respectable $5.5MM

Unless the offer starts with a mid 1st rounder or A+ prospect might as well keep him, no pressure to trade

Won't be a popular ask but check out the D below him in scoring

Flyers should offer MacDonald + one of their firsts.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Flyers should offer MacDonald + one of their firsts.
Thinking our GM was high on both Morin and Sanheim back during their draft so he'd probably target one of them instead especially given our lack of LHD, honestly haven't followed either to know if they've boomed/busted/undecided

But if we rebuild I'd take MacD and 14 OA

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Thinking our GM was high on both Morin and Sanheim back during their draft so he'd probably target one of them instead especially given our lack of LHD, honestly haven't followed either to know if they've boomed/busted/undecided

But if we rebuild I'd take MacD and 14 OA

You'd have to ask Flyers fans if they'd prefer to do something based on Morin/Sanheim or the 14th overall. MacDonald has 2 years left on his deal, 5 million caphit, if the Habs were willing to retain then they should be able to pick up mid round pick if not at the next deadline but maybe the following one.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
You'd have to ask Flyers fans if they'd prefer to do something based on Morin/Sanheim or the 14th overall. MacDonald has 2 years left on his deal, 5 million caphit, if the Habs were willing to retain then they should be able to pick up mid round pick if not at the next deadline but maybe the following one.

I would want absolutely nothing to do with AMac unless there's some real incentive attached to him, a mid first is not enough for me if Petry is the player going back

Reactions: Nitram27

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I would want absolutely nothing to do with AMac unless there's some real incentive attached to him, a mid first is not enough for me if Petry is the player going back
2 Years of AMac paired with Lolzner puts us in a great position for Hughes and Lafreniere and we have a crapload of space. If we are not rebuilding we keep Petry obviously but if we are a mid-first is great value

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
2 Years of AMac paired with Lolzner puts us in a great position for Hughes and Lafreniere and we have a crapload of space. If we are not rebuilding we keep Petry obviously but if we are a mid-first is great value

No kind of generational talent is worth going through that abomination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad