Player Discussion Jeff Gorton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
You don`t see any coaches in soccer in Europe get contract extension before champions league. It`s an off season activity when the season is over so it`s possible to evaluate the whole season. And that`s a huge mistake in my opinion as GM. I really doubt Sather had anything to do with that contract extension as president. :)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Maybe the GM has faith in the coach. Maybe the GM agreed with Glass getting called up.

Well, it that's the case, neither are right about Glass. He's not an NHL player. He 's a dying breed. He's another Chris Neil. He was probably decent to have 5-7 years ago, but now, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Every team is moving towards 4 skilled lines. If you want to say the 4th line isn't skilled, that's fine, but every team is moving in this direction. If you're a player like Glass, you won't survive in this league.

Comparing the Sens lineup, they have someone like Burrows, but even he has more skill in his declining years than Glass. Every spot in the lineup is important and you cannot waste one on Glass.

I believe Gorton is in tune with this based on his offseason moves. Hopefully after this season is over, we won't have the discussion around someone who lacks skill playing in the lineup.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well, it that's the case, neither are right about Glass. He's not an NHL player. He 's a dying breed. He's another Chris Neil.

Every team is moving towards 4 skilled lines. If you want to say the 4th line isn't skilled, that's fine, but every team is moving in this direction. If you're a player like Glass, you won't survive in this league.

Chris Neil is a bush league cynical creep who plays to injure fellow professionals. Glass is not that at all.
I know that's not really your main point. But just wanted to be fair to Glass.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Since February Gorton has added:

Smith
Pedrie
Bereglazov
Pionk

A lot more competition on the back end now. Good work!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Gorton has no more excuses.

He absolutely needs to nail this offseason.

Yep. This is it, make or break as far as confidence goes. Extending AV was a big strike. He's going to have to go full wizard mode to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad