Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter Traded to Pittsburgh / Jeff Carter Appreciation Thread

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
I'll take anything for Carts.

Still bittersweet losing another member of the '12/'14 Cup-winning teams, though. All the best to ya Carts. We wouldn't have won without you.

What? Is this April Fools? I was thinking the Kings should offer Carter +Kings 2021 3rd for: conditional 7th rd.
I've been wanting this since November, 2018. Did Hextall owe Blakey something?

What's interesting (swear to God) today...after not being able to stomach watching him play,
I decided to let it go and concentrate on the positives - enjoy all the good things - Mikey Anderson,
JAD, Clague, Vilardi (being able to play, even if not playing great) and thinking of the future.
I swear I was feeling so fatigued about seeing him flounder out there....but decided I need to
get rid of any negative energy in my life.

So, thank you, Jeff Carter for all you did and helping the Kings win Cups in 2012 and 2014.
Go help Pittsburgh. May you and your family be blessed. Sincerely.

I hope they recall Kupari and / or Andersson. (please, not Luff..or is that negative energy thoughts?)

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
How has no one else confirmed this except a retired Bob Mckenzie who's said nothing the last few weeks? Lol

Semi retired. He’ll be around tomorrow on TSN and I think he still may be doing some draft stuff.

He certainly had a Woj bomb for us Kings fan tonight.

Reactions: Oof

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
It's just like the old days where a lot of pretty good players played for both teams.

Luc Robitaille, Ziggy Palffy, Tomas Sandstrom, Paul Coffey, Rick Tocchet, Kevin Stevens, Marty McSorely, Shawn McEachern, Glen Murray, Bryan Smolinski, Martin Straka
I'm assuming you left out Maata for a reason.

Reactions: ShonSaunders

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
And with apologies to Williams, Mitchell, Greene, Richards this is without question the most accomplished player from those teams to leave, this one hits me way harder than any of those did. I know people disagree, but I think Carter was the first cut-off on those teams where you can really say "They maybe wouldn't have won without him" Carter is not on the tier of 11, 23, 8 and 32 but he is in his own tier above all those other guys.

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It's just like the old days where a lot of pretty good players played for both teams.

Luc Robitaille, Ziggy Palffy, Tomas Sandstrom, Paul Coffey, Rick Tocchet, Kevin Stevens, Marty McSorely, Shawn McEachern, Glen Murray, Bryan Smolinski, Martin Straka
Jim Paek

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
not going to get too excited about the potential return, probably less than eric staal brought, a 3rd and a 5th. Probably a favor to Carts to get one one cup run and play with sid.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
And with apologies to Williams, Mitchell, Greene, Richards this is without question the most accomplished player from those teams to leave, this one hits me way harder than any of those did. I know people disagree, but I think Carter was the first cut-off on those teams where you can really say "They maybe wouldn't have won without him" Carter is not on the tier of 11, 23 and 32 but he is in his own tier above all those other guys.

Maybe one of the most underrated yet decorated players of this era, due to his draft class. Still remember how pissy non-west coast fans were when he was selected to the 2014 Olympic team only to have him and Drew leading the team in points :laugh:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
It really isn’t about return.

The spot was a need.

Hextall is probably the only one willing to do this move. I don’t think Blake will squeeze anything out of him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Is that both the 3rd and 4th each have conditions? Or just the 4th?

Regardless, not a bad return.

Interested to see the retention and what years the picks are in.

Reactions: LAKings88

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Any return is a win. Absolutely amazing! I loved Carter, was over the moon when we got him, and he had an amazing career with the Kings but it was definitely time to turn the page. So glad he is off this team. Nice move.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Maybe one of the most underrated yet decorated players of this era, due to his draft class. Still remember how pissy non-west coast fans were when he was selected to the 2014 Olympic team only to have him and Drew leading the team in points :laugh:

Carter transitioning from wing to an elite 2C a position he hadn't played at all with the Kings and not a ton as a pro probably saved the Kings bacon in 2014 after it became obvious that Richards was cooked and unable to contribute anymore.

The Kings would have had to pay through the roof for a 2C or put Stoll back in that spot. Only Doughty was better for the Kings in that 2014 series vs. Chicago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad