Confirmed with Link: Jeff Carter Traded to Pittsburgh / Jeff Carter Appreciation Thread

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
giphy.gif

Best of luck in the Steel City, Jeff.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I agree. I know my first post was a tad harsh but when will always appreciate everything he did for us. It was time to go though.
Yeah, hockey wise it made too much sense to trade him. Better for him to go than us hate him for another year and a half.

Reactions: Oof

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
This is great news for everyone involved. Carter can be effective in a support role for the Penguins, a team that amazingly has a legit chance to win another Stanley Cup. For the Kings it frees up a spot and some cap space for next season, but more importantly helps turn that page even more, that is more valuable than the picks. And I actually wouldn't be shocked if this is it for Carter, he gets one more kick at the can before retiring, is he going to move his young family 2500 miles away to make $2m in actual dollars next season? Maybe, but I have my doubts.

Now we as fans can step back and appreciate what Carter did in LA instead of lamenting how out of place he looked on the Kings 2nd line the last two seasons. He did after all do something that a lot of us never thought we'd see, he scored the cup winning goal for the Kings. I actually think he is worthy of having his jersey retired by the Kings.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
How has no one else confirmed this except a retired Bob Mckenzie who's said nothing the last few weeks? Lol

Reactions: Oof

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He’s not as fast as he used to be that’s for sure, but my roller comment was more to the point that he doesn’t stop/ start anymore. Just circles around endlessly.

Gotcha. Pens need a right hand shot and people who actually want to shoot. They have enough defensive first forwards in the bottom 6. Maybe he can actually bring some shot volume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad