Confirmed with Link: Jeannot to TB

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Just wow...

It's "fine" for Tampa if he helps them to another Cup and/or reverts to last year's form, but to get that return for an undrafted FA... Well played, and it was the right move--Cole Smith takes over for this year's version of Jeannot on the low salary and we have a little more roster space to explore maybe not clogging it with bottom 6 guys (and if Smith breaks out, let's do the same thing with him next year!).

Somebody should probably check on Byrddog, he was down on them acquiring Jeannot and also didn't think he had much value.

Saskyboy

Apr 27, 2021
It’s been a tough night in my household. We were just sitting down to watch the game when we heard he wasn’t in the lineup. Being connected to Tanner and not knowing his future I knew he would take this hard. This is a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve. He has been a die hard Nashville guy since they gave him his chance. I’m glad Nashville was able to get so much for him and hope he looks at that and sees his worth. An undrafted player to pull in this type of haul must be some sort of record.

I wish Nashville all the best for the rest of the season and I guess I’ll be off to the Tampa section for at-least the rest of this season. I’m just glad Tampa doesn’t play Nashville for the rest of the regular season.

Last edited:

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Love the guy, but honestly if that's the return for a guy like that you pull him out of warmups and put him on a plane. That's incredible job by Poile/Trotz or whoever did this. I was worried after that 2nd rounder for Nino but this more than makes up for that mistake. I know quantity doesn't exactly equate to quality but you'd think with nearly a draft class of picks we'd at least be able to find 1-2 serviceable players and hopefully Foote pans out in the short term.

Reactions: Armourboy

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Jeannot has 5 goals and we received 5 picks and Foote. That’s hilarious to me. Kudos to Poile or NoNeck. Or both.
You might have to change your name if this is the Preds' luck his first day on the job. :laugh:

The only thing better would've been if he had made the trade and then announced his retirement. The ultimate GM mic drop.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Man, really thought Jeannot would be here long-term but I am fine moving him at this cost.

Really kickstarts our re-tooling, although a 1st this year would've been preferable. Maybe they will find a way to get it come draft day.

Hope this means we're re-signing Trenin long-term as I would prefer not to lose both of him and Jeannot. And fwiw, in my mind Trenin is the better player of the two.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Man, really thought Jeannot would be here long-term but I am fine moving him at this cost.

Really kickstarts our re-tooling, although a 1st this year would've been preferable. Maybe they will find a way to get it come draft day.

Hope this means we're re-signing Trenin long-term as I would prefer not to lose both of him and Jeannot. And fwiw, in my mind Trenin is the better player of the two.
Yes, this please.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we can't overlook that Foote is included here. He obviously hasn't panned out in Tampa but I think he could really benefit from a change of scenery.

Reactions: Myopinionsarewrong

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
A trade worth celebrating?

predstrade3.jpg

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Waiting for @Byrddog to opine since he hears the Tampa side of thia
That’s a lot of picks to give up for one player. I think most are loving this. Here is my thought if Jeannot can replicate his goals from last year he will be a asset. If not he will be grinding on the 4th line with Corey Perry.

I did not even touch on Foote. There will be some Pred fans who will be big on him but in time he will get picked apart by some that post here. He tends to not learn from his mistakes a repeats them over and over. He is a big bodied guy who could use some of his dads nastiness.

I think overall the Preds won the trade, also in my mind it indicates a true rebuild has finally started it is going to be a extended one as well. Those here that have been touting getting the younger guys more time are going to get to see that.

As to my bolts view I just do not think he will move the needle in the direction needed.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What a haul!! Great move. Keep the sell off going and hopefully start looking forward to the summer when Trotz starts interviewing coaching candidates

Reactions: cool beans

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Toronto fans yesterday - "jeannot would be lucky to get a 2nd"

Tampas gm - " you are right. Gotta add a 1st, a struggling former 1st round dman, 3rd, 4th, and 5th."

I dont know where we end up now with fabbro but theres been too much smoke at this to not see him go. Either way, we just got alot more from jeannot then i thought was possible given his recent production issues

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Like I said before Tampa got the Jeannot that looks like the next Tom Wilson they got a bargain. If they got the Jeannot that looks a lot more like Austin Watson(but a better fighter)... sheesh.

Reactions: hn777

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
There is a decent chance that he is going to look better with TBL than he was on the Preds this season. That’s likely true of any of our players. So hopefully people don’t overreact if he starts scoring at a better pace than here.

Reactions: cool beans

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Like I said before Tampa got the Jeannot that looks like the next Tom Wilson they got a bargain. If they got the Jeannot that looks a lot more like Austin Watson(but a better fighter)... sheesh.
Honestly, I don't see any way this can be close to a bargain for TB. Even best-case scenario. 5 picks (including a 1st and 2nd) and a serviceable, young D (former 14th overall selection)? That's a take for an established top-6 scorer. Not Jeannot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad