Recalled/Assigned: Jean-Gabriel Pageau Recalled

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I wonder is Zibby is moving back to the wing or if he is hurt. I would love to see this tonight. If Pageau plays tonight I believe that it's 4 games in 4 nights

Michalek - Spezza- Hemsky
MacArthur- Turris- Stone
Hoffman- Pageau- Zibanejad
Condra- Smith- Neil

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
What? Wow he's back! Not expecting that. Nice surprise. He's earned it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Strange call up

I guess they want to reward him and show him off

I'm afraid he doesn't really fit in anywhere at this time: hopefully he shines and makes a case for himself

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Hmm, I honestly thought his time in Ottawa would be done as there just isn't room for him. Figured he'd for sure be going to Buffalo.

Either way, great to see him back up.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Emergency recall. Are we expecting a Kassian suspension as some have vaguely suggested (which would be nuts but i digress) or Greening still injured or...

I wonder is Zibby is moving back to the wing or if he is hurt. I would love to see this tonight. If Pageau plays tonight I believe that it's 4 games in 4 nights

Michalek - Spezza- Hemsky
MacArthur- Turris- Stone
Hoffman- Pageau- Zibanejad
Condra- Smith- Neil

I like this.

Edit - Ceci is one of 3 out there for the optional skate. Sounds like he is staying out of the lineup tonight.

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Is Mika hurt? Why would they call up a center?

Assuming Greening is still out, this gives us some sexy looking lines.

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Zibanejad
Condra - Smith - Neil

Maybe Pageau's faceoff numbers are better than Zibbys? Who knows.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Hmm, I honestly thought his time in Ottawa would be done as there just isn't room for him. Figured he'd for sure be going to Buffalo.

Either way, great to see him back up.

If anyone has listened to Richardson in his last assessment of Pageau, you would know that the organization has no plans of moving him. Richardson said that Pageau is heart and soul guy and he is 5'10" but plays like he is 10'5".......He is a guy that will be Ottawa 3rd line shutdown guy for the future that can provide offence. If Pageau was a little bigger, he would be P. Bergeron.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Is Mika hurt? Why would they call up a center?

Assuming Greening is still out, this gives us some sexy looking lines.

Michalek - Spezza - Hemsky
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Zibanejad
Condra - Smith - Neil

Maybe Pageau's faceoff numbers are better than Zibbys? Who knows.

With this lineup of front, I would say that we are one of the fastest teams in the league.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
If anyone has listened to Richardson in his last assessment of Pageau, you would know that the organization has no plans of moving him. Richardson said that Pageau is heart and soul guy and he is 5'10" but plays like he is 10'5".......He is a guy that will be Ottawa 3rd line shutdown guy for the future that can provide offence. If Pageau was a little bigger, he would be P. Bergeron.

Yeah, I know what he is, but he still doesn't fit in the make up of our team as it stands.

Now if they get rid of Condra or Greening and convert him to wing, maybe.

I just don't see it happening for him and he would have significant trade value if he can reproduce last year, which I have a feeling is why he's getting the call up..

Edit: I should mention I love the game he plays and if I were GM, I'd make a place for him.

Last edited:

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
Yeah, I know what he is, but he still doesn't fit in the make up of our team as it stands.

Now if they get rid of Condra or Greening and convert him to wing, maybe.

I just don't see it happening for him and he would have significant trade value if he can reproduce last year, which I have a feeling is why he's getting the call up..

Have to agree. Guy deserves to be in the NHL, but we have a bit of a log jam at center. Too bad for da Costa, he really is between a rock and a hard place in the org, especially since pageau is still exempt from waivers.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have to think that management would love to be able to hold on to him: a bit of a playoff hero, he's from Gatineau and could help the organization get some more recognition in the area

But he needs to make a case for himself: we've got Hoffman and Stone up now and they are probably ahead of him. I'm still not sold on Hoffman being good enough to be a regular player at the NHL but he's been decent so far; I'd like for JG to make a case over Hoffman

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I have to think that management would love to be able to hold on to him: a bit of a playoff hero, he's from Gatineau and could help the organization get some more recognition in the area

But he needs to make a case for himself: we've got Hoffman and Stone up now and they are probably ahead of him. I'm still not sold on Hoffman being good enough to be a regular player at the NHL but he's been decent so far; I'd like for JG to make a case over Hoffman

Don't see how that will happen. Hoffman plays the wing, while Pageau is a center. Don't think Pageau will be effective on the wing.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Yay! Love this move. Release the Mighty Mouse! More heart. More puck smarts. Vas y les Sens!

(I believe that Da Costa was recently slashed in the bloody face, which may explain why he's not coming up?!)

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
...still dazed and confused by the start of this thread...with Regin apparently still playing for Sens :amazed:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Spezza AND Cowen?!

Oh that's bad news

EDIT: precautionary and both should be in for Wednesday. That's a bit of a relief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad