OT: Jays/Buds Comparison

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Its a lot easier to get a Jays hat than a leafs one. Go to any lids store and check out their selection.

Plus, the majority of people that wear baseball caps wear it not to support the team, but rather because it looks cool.

Is there a cost difference as well? Serious question.

TMLOBI

Jul 22, 2010
Toronto
It's cool and trendy to wear Jays gear these days. Half the people who wear Jays stuff haven't watched a game of baseball in their lives.

The only people I see wearing Leafs clothing are crackheads/homeless people who got them from the Salvation Army, and it's usually really retro stuff.

I must be a homeless crackhead then seeing how I wear Leafs t-shirts and sweaters and I wear a Leafs toque in the winter. Oh and of course I'll dawn my jersey from time to time (SUNDIN BABY AND RETRO!)

I was at the gym yesterday during the Jays game (I really don't care for baseball too much unless I bet on it). And the amount of people I saw walk in wearing Jays caps was ridiculous. You would be hard pressed to find ONE person wearing Leafs gear at the gym during a Leafs game. They actually had the Jays game on one of the TV's and no one was watching.

Jays caps are "cool" baseball caps are in trend. Tell me something OP how often do you see someone wearing any other Blue Jays merchandise not just baseball caps? Now tell me how many (crackheads?? lol idiot) wear Leafs merchandise?

Why are the Leafs the richest team in the league by a large margin? Yes their ticket prices are through the roof and they sell out every game but they also sell a tonne of merchandise. Why do I never see Blue Jays toques in the winter? Is it maybe because baseball is not a winter sport? HMM I might be on to something here..........

The notion that baseball is more popular than hockey in any Canadian city is ridiculous and especially in hockey mad Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad