OT: Jays/Buds Comparison

Hackey Night

Mar 3, 2013
Torono, ON
A few notes, I've noticed a heck of a lot more Jays hats than Leafs, even though Leafs are in the playoffs. Is is this because the Jays can claim to be Canada's team (the only team, after the Expos moved), and the Leafs get flack if they do the same? Or do you think it has to do with all the big off-season moves A.A has made.

Or is Baseball more popular overall?

I still think this is a Leafs town first and foremost, but maybe the sentiment is changing. Either way it's good to see the city getting behind its own.

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010
plus the jays logo is a nice one. you'll see jays hats in the states on people who have no association to canada.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Its pretty clear to me its because of all the hoopla surrounding the Jays this winter.

Will be interesting to see how it changes if the Leafs win a round and the Jays continue to not win so much.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The jays hats have more of a stylish appeal, even with people who don't even watch sports. Plus the re-introduction of the classic symbol this year has boosted it's popularity, in addition to the hype surround the team in general. Still see alot of leafs gear around though.

Hackey Night

Mar 3, 2013
Torono, ON

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Jays logo just looks better on a cap and that's why I wear it.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
To be honest it has nothing to do with the moves, or success of either teams.

Blue Jays hats have ALWAYS outsold Leafs hats. The people of Toronto obviously love the Leafs much more (the majority) but people prefer Jays hats cause it's a classic baseball cap, and nice looking.

Now I love the Leafs, diehard fan, only watch baseball occassionally but I have about 3 Leaf hats, and close to 9 Jays hats. They just have a great logo and look nicer on a hat.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
The amount of leafs fitted, snapback, and 39thirty hats compared to Jays fitted, snapback, and 39thirty being produced is pathetic. There is tons of demand but new era has never really launched a big line.

Also the jays logo is easily up there with the hawks in terms of best in sports. Most people you see wearing jays hats could not tell you chit about the team.

mpleafan

Jul 7, 2010
and come on, given the choice between a blue jays hat and a leafs hat, u choose a blue jays hat. BUT if gigen the oppotunity between leafs jersey and jays jersey, leafs jersey wins.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I've got a lot of friends who hate baseball but love the cap and the logo so they wear it.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It's cool and trendy to wear Jays gear these days. Half the people who wear Jays stuff haven't watched a game of baseball in their lives.

The only people I see wearing Leafs clothing are crackheads/homeless people who got them from the Salvation Army, and it's usually really retro stuff.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I watched an inning of baseball this week for the first time in a year (kinda due to the hype of the new jays) and I wasn't disappointed, it was quite interesting esp with Dickey pitching. However saying that, I'll always be a leafs fan first.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Just watch a Jays game, and I swear 75% of the people there have the blue Jays cap on.

Plus the amount of merchandise sold since they changed the uniforms before last year is incredible.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
It's the "baseball cap" and in calgary there is a ton of them probably because if you like baseball you're basically a jays fan.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Doesn't like everyone just wear baseball caps... because they just look cooler? I don't see too many Leafs or hockey ones in general. I had a friend who never ever watched baseball but had like 15-20 different baseball caps because they just looked cool. He had no idea what the teams were but he liked them anyways.

I don't wear (or even own) a hockey hat but I got a Jays one... because it's awesome.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
and come on, given the choice between a blue jays hat and a leafs hat, u choose a blue jays hat. BUT if gigen the oppotunity between leafs jersey and jays jersey, leafs jersey wins.

Exactly this. Blue Jays have more individuals wearing hats. Leafs have more people wearing Jerseys. This is what I've noticed.

LeafsFIO*

If it counts for anything I see a lot more Leafs and Jays stuff than Sens stuff on a lot of days here in Ottawa.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
You have to hand it to the Toronto Blue Jays, they made personnel changes, created a lot of buzz and also recently returned to a much beloved retro look that has struck the right chord as a trendy thing.

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA
Its a lot easier to get a Jays hat than a leafs one. Go to any lids store and check out their selection.

Plus, the majority of people that wear baseball caps wear it not to support the team, but rather because it looks cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad