Jay McClement so under-rated !

patrick19631

Aug 17, 2013
Gotta love this guy ! Been watching him since the Leafs acquired him. He is out there on every pk, every dying minutes of every period and every crucial moment of any game !! He is a must sign player for the next few yrs. So under-rated !!!! What does Leaf nation think ??

Avec Fromage*

He's very versatile. Can fill in nicely at any position up or down the lineup. After Phaneuf, I would say he's the top priority re-signing from our pending UFAs.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Can't really under or overrate a 3rd/4th liner. He's good defensively, all there is to say.

I don't know about that; I'd say that Jay McClement is more valuable to our team than most second line wingers would be. He's not just good defensively; he's elite.

Last edited:

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Hes rated just fine. Does well in the place hes given. Cant handle any more time. One of the few players on this team that is used properly.

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
He's not underrated. Announcer's mention his defense at least once a game. He's great defensively on the PK because he seems to be able to read play very well, which makes him awesome at blocking passing lanes and hustling after loose pucks and clearing. This has no doubt improved the leafs penalty kill tremendously. I would hesitate to say he's great defensively in transition, he's too slow and has no acceleration so he can't keep up with fast wingers.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
He's a huge part of this team. Can't imagine what the team would be like without him.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I still think that last season he should have won or at least been one of the finalists for the Selke. Based on what the award means McClement did that by playing the most penalty killing minutes on a team which finished 2nd overall in penalty killing.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
he is the reason our PK 180'd. He's underrated but defensively. People dont realize how good he is. 0 Offensive game though

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
He's great and knows his job, hope the dude takes another pay cut to stay here. Him having a baby is a blessing in disguise, dude probably wants to stay here where his close family is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad