Value of: Jason Zucker

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Gotta admit wennberg is pretty low value though. zucker isn't having a good year, but not as bad as wennberg. not even close IMO

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Gotta admit wennberg is pretty low value though. zucker isn't having a good year, but not as bad as wennberg. not even close IMO

I mean - Wennberg has 7 fewer points in 2 less games played and isn’t a -2 overall. It’s actually pretty close.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I’m not the one that’s bothered. And I don’t think you’d find many Columbus fans who who consider a Zucker for Anderson swap. You’ve gotta consider the other team’s needs in a trade. Is a team really going to trade Anderson for Zucker when they’re going to have to re-sign Bob, Panarin, and Duchene? No. Anderson and Zucker are very close in value, if there was no such thing as a salary cap. You just need to start paying attention to more than comparing players.
Do you think maybe that the salary cap is why the guy who suggested the trade, had Wennberg included?

I do have to thank you though. You telling me that I need to pay better attention, will most definitely be the funniest thing I read today. Appreciate it.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wennberg is also a center vs a wing. Much more responsibility and generally fewer goals and more assists. Also a position of need.
A top-6 center is definitely a position of need, but another $4m 3C? I'm not seeing it. I mean given the choice between him and Rask yeah, I'd rather have Wennberg, but that's probably not on the table here.

There might be a team out there that'd find him attractive, but I don't think it's Minnesota.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I mean - Wennberg has 7 fewer points in 2 less games played and isn’t a -2 overall. It’s actually pretty close.
Let's put this into actual perspective. In a trade involving Wennberg for Victor f***ing Rask, the Blue Jackets would have to add.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
A top-6 center is definitely a position of need, but another $4m 3C? I'm not seeing it. I mean given the choice between him and Rask yeah, I'd rather have Wennberg, but that's probably not on the table here.

There might be a team out there that'd find him attractive, but I don't think it's Minnesota.

Fair - but if we are unloading Zucker this year before the NTC kicks in our options are limited given his play. Wild fans need to come to grips with that.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
My main problem with it for Minnesota is that it's just too many lefties. I feel like I'm making handedness the end-all-be-all, but with Coyle gone we've got Kunin and Aberg as right shots in the top-9. At some point we need to add actual RW's.

My secondary problem is that, while I think Wennberg's a heck of a lot more intriguing than Rask, Rask's already on the team. Adding another disappointing $4m Swedish center seems like it's doubling down on a bad move. If Fenton wants to be competitive next year he's got to aim higher than that.

Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about Wennberg's game, except that it has been a stagnated development. Not sure if it is just a change of scenery Wennberg needs to get his career in gear or he is just a bust. Even with my near complete ignorance of Wennberg's game I'd like him as an option better than Rask. Whom I have seen play a few times when he was with Carolina(2nd fav team). I should say I've seen Carolina play a few times, as I think there were times Rask was literally invisible. Rask might very well be the key to true stealth 007 level technology. I would have rather Fenton made the horsecrap Nino trade for Wennberg over Rask. At least there would have been some potential upside with that return.

Do you think that's equivalent to Simon and a 1st? I like Donato, but I think I'm higher on Donato than a lot of other people are. I liked the Coyle trade for Minnesota.
I also liked the Coyle/Donato trade. My only grumble with the return is we lost a righty for a lefty, but I think Donato will be a better fit for our needs overall. With the moves already made and possibly one more in the next 48 hours is going to set us up to make a serious pitch to either Stone or Duchene July 1st is my theory. NO SIMMONDS. A big fan, but I have no doubt he is a declining talent that won't get paid as one.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Admittedly I don't know a whole lot about Wennberg's game, except that it has been a stagnated development. Not sure if it is just a change of scenery Wennberg needs to get his career in gear or he is just a bust. Even with my near complete ignorance of Wennberg's game I'd like him as an option better than Rask. Whom I have seen play a few times when he was with Carolina(2nd fav team). I should say I've seen Carolina play a few times, as I think there were times Rask was literally invisible. Rask might very well be the key to true stealth 007 level technology. I would have rather Fenton made the horsecrap Nino trade for Wennberg over Rask. At least there would have been some potential upside with that return.
I'll admit that me giving an edge to Wennberg when comparing him to Rask probably has a lot to do with familiarity breeding contempt.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m neither a Wild fan nor a Jackets fan. I am a fan of both Zucker and Wennberg. Both are players I’d love to see my favorite team add. I’d pay almost double the assets for Zucker that I would for Wennberg.

I’m a Coyotes fan. We have a 2md rounder currently in the first ten picks of that round. We also have Christian Fischer. I would NOT trade Fischer for a similar 2nd. I don’t think I’d trade Fischer for Wennberg. I’d struggle with paying that early 2nd price for Wennberg. I’d happily trade both assets for Zucker.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m neither a Wild fan nor a Jackets fan. I am a fan of both Zucker and Wennberg. Both are players I’d love to see my favorite team add. I’d pay almost double the assets for Zucker that I would for Wennberg.

I’m a Coyotes fan. We have a 2md rounder currently in the first ten picks of that round. We also have Christian Fischer. I would NOT trade Fischer for a similar 2nd. I don’t think I’d trade Fischer for Wennberg. I’d struggle with paying that early 2nd price for Wennberg. I’d happily trade both assets for Zucker.
I didn't like this post because it confirms my biases. I liked it because you laid all that out without using the word "value."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad