Proposal: Jason Spezza

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Spezza has more value then Shattenkirk so doesn't make sense to pay the price for Spezza to flip him for Shattenkirk. St. Louis could obviously add but why not just leave Ottawa out of it? Can't think the only way Shattenkirk is moved is for Spezza.

Because STL seems to have their heart set on Spezza and not one of our centers. So if we could get Spezza for a better price than Shattenkirk...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Spezza has more value then Shattenkirk so doesn't make sense to pay the price for Spezza to flip him for Shattenkirk. St. Louis could obviously add but why not just leave Ottawa out of it? Can't think the only way Shattenkirk is moved is for Spezza.

it makes sense a little with what murray said about not knowing the worth of guys.

Shattenkirk is not worth the same but maybe st louis doesnt have exactly what murray is looking for and cant offer that thing he wants?

or doesnt want to offer it IE oshie etc..

so shattenkirk to tampa johnson to ottawa spezza to st louis and picks/prospect to make up differences makes sense to me. I am saying johnson cause think flipper had no trade stuff without looking.

Now what I really wonder though is how smart is steve. I give him credit if he is truly after marleau and does not believe marleau is actually fully available giving himself other options and things for san jose to think about the pebble in the pond approach might work?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Murray doesn't believe he'll be getting the same value for Spezza so I don't think anybody will be paying the real price for Spezza.

I'm not really sure what St. Louis wants. If they specifically want a star 1st line center, then Spezza is better than what we could offer or be willing to offer. We have wingers, picks, and plenty of prospects and maybe those are attractive to Ottawa. Obviously it would have to work out for all 3 teams.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Even though all this talk seems surprising, it should be no surprise that SFY out there kicking some tires. Always looking to improve the team in any way possible. That said I'm not a fan of Spezza at all, IF were looking for top 6 leadership im on the Marleau bus all day.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I would say that there is about a 0% chance that we get Spezza. Doesn't fit with the team we're trying to build (everybody has to be able to play in all 3 zones, forwards and defensemen), PLUS the rumor going around is we dangle either Palat or TyJo plus one of the 1st for Spezza. Like I said, just about 0% chance. I think Yzerman is just doing his due diligence and people want to rumor monger.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would say that there is about a 0% chance that we get Spezza. Doesn't fit with the team we're trying to build (everybody has to be able to play in all 3 zones, forwards and defensemen), PLUS the rumor going around is we dangle either Palat or TyJo plus one of the 1st for Spezza. Like I said, just about 0% chance. I think Yzerman is just doing his due diligence and people want to rumor monger.

disagree but think could be so can do a sign and trade. Ottawa wants a center coming back I assume backes and oshie are not on table. So we are a third party.

That would make sense for me if we wanted shattenkirk as said. Would mean we trade tyjo and would probably be after marleau pretty hard after that point but we would be instantly closer to cup with a couple moves like that.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'd say we won't move Tyler Johnson for Jason spezza. I don't see it yzerman is building with kids palat and Johnson are two nice building blocks.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I'd say we won't move Tyler Johnson for Jason spezza. I don't see it yzerman is building with kids palat and Johnson are two nice building blocks.

If chicago really wanted spezza I would do tyjo a first and a good prospect so could move spezza for seabrook in a second.

Seems we want spezza or are posturing actually. I would think though spezza could get us a very good d man from anaheim or st louis also. Just my thoughts.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How exactly is Spezza considered a fit?

As far as I can tell, the only people who seem to understand it are sportsnet guys, i.e. people who don't watch the Lightning with any regularity.

Only way it makes sense to me is if we're playing to flip Spezz to STL/ANA for something that fits better.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
If chicago really wanted spezza I would do tyjo a first and a good prospect so could move spezza for seabrook in a second.

Seems we want spezza or are posturing actually. I would think though spezza could get us a very good d man from anaheim or st louis also. Just my thoughts.

I would think Tampa would target Seabrook or shattenkirk but then again why not just offer Johnson to them with something else a pick ? 24 year old Johnson or 31 year old spezza ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would think Tampa would target Seabrook or shattenkirk but then again why not just offer Johnson to them with something else a pick ? 24 year old Johnson or 31 year old spezza ?

chicago is in win now mode and though johnson was a calder finalist and had a great year he is undersized so his worth to chicago is not seabrook and would not imho even get the conversation started.

Spezza is proven a veteran ppg and very large.

That all has standing. I think we could work something around johnson and shattenkirk I think chicago would walk away quickly for seabrook.

Just my opinion.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Might as well go after Richards for free then give up a package for 1 year of Spezza.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00