Proposal: Jason Spezza

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
just gonna put the personal kibosh on this because:

1) division rival
2) Ottawa would want to deal Spezzer to the West regardless

I mean, acquiring Spezzer makes sense in a "he can't crush the Lightning every damn time" kind of way, but except when I played NHL 2004 years back and he was a bust playing on his fourth team in three years, there's no way he's going to find his way to Tampa.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I honestly Flip's a better fit at 2C for who we are right now. 0 interest.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
The only possible Spezza trade that involved Tampa, would be if it involved another team, and the third team (say Nashville) routed a Dman to tampa.

thats a lot of moving parts, so I dont think its a strong possibility.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I would've been up for it if we didn't already have Filppula but we are already so loaded at center that Spezza is a pass for me. Hope he wins a Cup before he is done.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I would go other route than you all but wont cause is on a one year deal meaning got to fork out another 5 years at 7 million or whatever next. I disagree with everyone in that he would need flippers spot stamkos and spezza together would BE FUN TO WATCH LMAO.

The price is gonna be too high for a possible rental can and hopefully will invest our money better.

Now if ottawa extended like 3-4 years? Did a sign and trade and we didnt have to give up top guys and could do a marty deal?

Purcell couple firsts something else?

Ottawa reporter is saying colin wilson diaby big defender last year draft 64th overall and the 11th overall. To me that is a joke and I would give it all day. I would want to talk to spezza on contract extension to know we could get him into the fold till was 35 but

I WOULD FLAT OUT BE ALL IN.

So purcell plus connolly plus our 19th all day. If knew could resign him up till hes 35.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I like the way Spezza plays and he is a strong right hand shot. We don't have many of those at forward.
I look at him as a Callahan alternative. Yes, more expensive but worth it because he is a consistent scorer and pretty durable every season.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I like the way Spezza plays and he is a strong right hand shot. We don't have many of those at forward.
I look at him as a Callahan alternative. Yes, more expensive but worth it because he is a consistent scorer and pretty durable every season.

Callahan and Spezza are not similar at all. Spezza had 17 hits this season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
So what exactly would he replace? If we want another soft forward in the top 6 we have plenty of those already so there's no point in giving up a ton to get another.

spezza drouin stamkos gives us a ppg line.

We dont have that in our ranks right now you can say palat but id rather have palat with flip in a shut down or johnson with palat myself.

I agree the soft etc.. but that line would be very dammed dangerous and have palat x flip/tyjo we would have the top 6 be very good indeed.

I am ok with callahan too if it happens but if we had to give up our early first connolly and say purcell plus aulie to match what ottawa reporter said WOW would I pull the trigger.

Now I don't believe spezza wouldnt get more than that myself.

So we are out but is nice to dream a bit lol.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
So what exactly would he replace? If we want another soft forward in the top 6 we have plenty of those already so there's no point in giving up a ton to get another.

Well for one he could replace a lot of the scoring that we lost when Marty left. Great on the power play as well.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well for one he could replace a lot of the scoring that we lost when Marty left. Great on the power play as well.

Scoring is not our issue. The assets it'll cost to obtain him we could use for more pressing needs. He's a great player but getting up there in age and one year away from free agency so not worth the risk.

Robert when did Drouin become a PPG player? Let's not go overboard again with the hype. I have no doubt he'll get there but let's see him play a game first.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Scoring is not our issue. The assets it'll cost to obtain him we could use for more pressing needs. He's a great player but getting up there in age and one year away from free agency so not worth the risk.

Robert when did Drouin become a PPG player? Let's not go overboard again with the hype. I have no doubt he'll get there but let's see him play a game first.

drouin with stamkos and another ppg guy would keep up. I have zero doubts.

He starts on three this year I still see drouin at 70.

I aint gonna listen to you to me he is not a generational talent that some had thrown around but he is better than mackinnon. So therefore less than 10 more points on a higher scoring team is not a lot to ask.

If we didnt have the talent we have could see less but we are very talented top 3 lines and drouin will not stay on three long he is just too good of a playmaker.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
drouin with stamkos and another ppg guy would keep up. I have zero doubts.

He starts on three this year I still see drouin at 70.

I aint gonna listen to you to me he is not a generational talent that some had thrown around but he is better than mackinnon. So therefore less than 10 more points on a higher scoring team is not a lot to ask.

If we didnt have the talent we have could see less but we are very talented top 3 lines and drouin will not stay on three long he is just too good of a playmaker.

......Dude seriously? He hasn't even played in the NHL yet and you claim he is better than MacK?...............I love Drouin too but that is delusional.

And 10 less points isn't a lot to ask? No....but 70 certainly is especially considering we had 0 70 pt players on our team excluding Stamkos and the one shall not be named...

Alivesi

Feb 1, 2012
Ontario
......Dude seriously? He hasn't even played in the NHL yet and you claim he is better than MacK?...............I love Drouin too but that is delusional.

And 10 less points isn't a lot to ask? No....but 70 certainly is especially considering we had 0 70 pt players on our team excluding Stamkos and the one shall not be named...

Not knocking on Palat, but if he can put force an amazing 2 way game like he did and score 60 points, I don't doubt Drouin can hit 70

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Not knocking on Palat, but if he can put force an amazing 2 way game like he did and score 60 points, I don't doubt Drouin can hit 70

Drouin could hit 70 with the right conditions for sure. Give him PP time and shelter him a bit as he gets his bearings and he could do some damage. Wouldn't bet on 70 points as a rookie though.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
We're in a relatively depressed scoring age in hockey. It's not 2005-06 where Crosby and Ovechkin were able to post 100 points as teenagers. MacKinnon had an outstanding season as a rookie and that was with, what, 63 actual points? Drouin is still a rookie and a teenager and should be handled accordingly in his rookie season next year. I don't want this guy playing first line minutes because he isn't ready and hasn't earned them; hell, MacK was a 3C on a team expected to be horrendous, just to give some perspective.

I have zero doubts about Drouin's capabilities but we need to be careful about calling this guy basically an All-Star before he ever sets foot on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad