Tribute Jason Spezza the vintage king

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Spezza just scoring goals and keeping the team together, all in a days work.
I thought when Tavares went down it was probably going to be a guy like Spezza (Foligno & Nylander) to pick up the slack.

We had some good fortune last night. On the first goal by Spezza, Montreal tried to rim it around the boards behind the net, but the puck hit the referee and it landed by one of our players who fed it to Spezza. Also, Thornton lifting or moving Price's stick was a slick trick or move. But, we dominated that game and got the W.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Not just the fact he's on the 4th line, but even when he's on the ice, his shot, everything... the guy seems like a ghost just haunting the enemy.
Teams playing Toronto must feel like people did about swimming after the movie Jaws came out.

Reactions: saltming

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I had him voted as scoring the first goal of the series. It didn't happen, but he still has a great shot and killer instinct. Watch the replay of his Game 2 goal the way he read the play and jumped in at the perfect time, anticipating the puck before anybody else.
A Montreal player rimmed it around the boards behind the net, but it hit the referee and landed next to one of our players who fed it out to Spezza. We got some good bounces last night, but it was a dominant game for us.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
It's pretty funny because I despised Spezza when he played for the Sens. I secretly hoped our guys would run him all game long.

Now, I absolutely love what the guy brings to the table each game.

You can teach an old dog new tricks....

I never hated Spezza even on the Sens. Alfredsson was the one I HATED (as a hockey player lol). It was easy to hate Alfredsson and Lalime. But Spezza seemed very business like. He is a likeable guy and one of my favourite hockey players now. He gives me a Larry Murphy/Dave Anderchuk vibe.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Spezz was assigned a bottom six role and has absolutely thrived... love em. hope we sign him to an extension asap

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I hope Babcock saw that goal.
full

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
The 1st line has been dominant. The 3rd line was fantastic last night.

The 2nd line was just ok....and Galy was the weakest link there.

If the 2nd line can't get it going I can't seem to get this idea out of my head....

Foligno - Spezza - Nylander​
Hah, agreed, posted something similar in another thread. I think he’s worth a shot at 2C, then bring in Brooks to take over at 4C. Sit one of Galchenyuk/Thornton.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Foligno - Spezza - Nylander
Engvall - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Thornton/Galchenyuk - Brooks - Simmonds

Or alternately, that same lineup, but swap Marner and Nylander:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Foligno - Spezza - Marner

We know that top line has been excellent in the past, and I could see that 2nd line being really, really good. Don’t love splitting up Matthews/Marner, but if we want to keep 2 super dangerous lines with JT out, Foligno/Spezza/Marner could be the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: saffronleaf

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He can probably get more than the league min for another year with someone else. But I think he is probably happy to stay home and play for the league min for another year or 2.

Reactions: saffronleaf

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Not just the fact he's on the 4th line, but even when he's on the ice, his shot, everything... the guy seems like a ghost just haunting the enemy.
Teams playing Toronto must feel like people did about swimming after the movie Jaws came out.
I never went skinny dipping again after that damn movie hahahahaha

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I never hated Spezza even on the Sens. Alfredsson was the one I HATED (as a hockey player lol). It was easy to hate Alfredsson and Lalime. But Spezza seemed very business like. He is a likeable guy and one of my favourite hockey players now. He gives me a Larry Murphy/Dave Anderchuk vibe.
Ditto

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

For me, it's Lanny MacDonald.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Like to se Spezza with Nylander. But i want Nylander on the left side. Any good HF left? (thats not named Marner)

Nylander-Spezza-?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad