Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From the Strib...

I talked this morning with Pominville, and as Fletcher said during last week’s Q and A, he has begun talking more often with Pominville’s agent regarding a contract extension.

Pominville, the former Buffalo Sabres captain acquired April 3 for two prospects and two draft picks, including the Wild’s 2013 first-round pick, is entering the last year of his contract.

“They’ve talked a few times for sure and are going back and forth about what the plans are,†Pominville said. “We’ll just go day by day and see if both sides can make progress and go from there.â€

Pominville, 30, would like to stay in Minnesota long-term.

“They committed to getting me, so just that means a lot to me and being part of a group that is committed to having success and being in a city that loves hockey, that makes it even better,†he said. “I want to stay and be part of what they’re uilding.â€

Last edited by a moderator:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
fletch paid a tidy sum to get pommer, noway he doesnt make him a generous offer to stay. probably 5.5 upto 6 mill! egg on face if he walks after this season. vanek will probably want 6.5 to 7.5 for about 7 years. not sure we can afford all these big contracts with all the prospects wanting raises sooner or later. i think we should sign pommer since we paid a small fortune to get him but pass on vanek.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
Yep if he walks CF is screwed should be the last nail in the coffin. Sure Pominville is smart hes not going to say he does not want to be here we will see just how bad he wants to stay.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yep if he walks CF is screwed should be the last nail in the coffin. Sure Pominville is smart hes not going to say he does not want to be here we will see just how bad he wants to stay.

What was the first nail?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
NiPPd.gif

Nothingman*

I am a Hawks fan and I don't think Leddy is other worldly or anything. I don't know why it is focused on so much. He is decent but his progress last year was not to the level the team was expecting. Not many minutes in the final says something.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I am a Hawks fan and I don't think Leddy is other worldly or anything. I don't know why it is focused on so much. He is decent but his progress last year was not to the level the team was expecting. Not many minutes in the final says something.

Nick Leddy>>>>>Cam Barker

Thats why. Hometown player and a first round pick. Those are the two fixated items. Less the hometown and more the first.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Nick Leddy>>>>>Cam Barker

Thats why. Hometown player and a first round pick. Those are the two fixated items. Less the hometown and more the first.

That's true...and Fletcher has admitted multiple times that, hindsight being 20/20, he wouldn't make that deal again.

But I remember many fans on this very board who were not happy with the Leddy selection when it was made. So some of us here want to have it both ways.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Leddy is a nice player, but he's not a top 4 defenseman. As others have mentioned, he's basically the Chicago version of Jared Spurgeon.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
If we had kept Leddy, it'd be less likely that we had signed Spurgeon. And Spurgeon > Leddy. Not by much, but Spurgeon is better defensively, has better offensive instincts and most importantly, he's a right-handed shot which is what this team desperately needs.

Besides, Spurgeon is better looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad