Jason Pominville Part II

P10p

May 15, 2012
He still turns the puck over more then I would like to see. He turns it over and gives it up often and without much of a battle. Now if he could go ahead and clean that up that would be great.

A bit unfair as you are judging Pominville last year. This year he has been a beast with puck possession making smart plays and keeping the offensive cycle alive. Really like what I see from him so far this yr...

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
A bit unfair as you are judging Pominville last year. This year he has been a beast with puck possession making smart plays and keeping the offensive cycle alive. Really like what I see from him so far this yr...

I guess I saw him cough the puck up quite a few times against the Avs.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
"Now if 6 turned out to be 9
I don't mind, I don't mind
Alright, if all the hippies cut off all their hair
I don't care, I don't care
Dig, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you"

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
"Now if 6 turned out to be 9
I don't mind, I don't mind
Alright, if all the hippies cut off all their hair
I don't care, I don't care
Dig, 'cos I got my own world to live through
And I ain't gonna copy you"

pretty sad

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
pretty sad

Poetry thread? Poetry thread.

'Tis nothing but a shame, disgrace
Heard thru the winds and waves
A phenomena of lost words
Transmitted through ethernet cords
But what is the meaning of symbols, words?
Why is the digital world so cold?
Ones and zeroes, the labyrinth expands
Who once were heroes, now buried in sands
Of chronica millenia, time and space

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
My ass is freezing
Without pants life is useless
My car has warm seats

Haiku of the day, good night.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
As for the trade, one thing that gets overlooked is how Pominville has found chemistry with Granlund. Those two are a brilliant duo, and Parise is exactly the kind of guy they need on their wing. Was the price steep? Yeah, for a rental. But once Pommer was extended and potting 30G/season, it became more reasonable.

I still think Hackett has potential to be a good starter, but right now, Kuemper is clearly ahead. Young goalies are notoriously difficult to predict though. As for Larsson, he is a solid player, but where would we slot him? We have more than solid center group, and even more guys in the pipeline.

As Sharppi said, no use clinging on to every prospect in hopes that they become the next superstar. Sometimes, and usually often, you've got to pay a premium for something you need, and exchange some of the future to current success.

My ass is freezing
Without pants life is useless
My car has warm seats

Haiku of the day, good night.

UNmaKlf.jpg

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Poetry thread? Poetry thread.

Heard thru the winds and waves
A phenomena of lost words
Transmitted through ethernet cords
But what is the meaning of symbols, words?
Why is the digital world so cold?
Ones and zeroes, the labyrinth expands
Who once were heroes, now buried in sands
Of chronica millenia, time and space

lol. It's "If 6 Was 9" by Jimi Hendrix, ya fools. Cuz, ya know, Pominville was being confused for Vanek and vice-versa. 26 vs 29. Sheesh.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
lol. It's "If 6 Was 9" by Jimi Hendrix, ya fools. Cuz, ya know, Pominville was being confused for Vanek and vice-versa. 26 vs 29. Sheesh.

29 was giving up the puck Pominville I'm not impressed by Vanek 26 yet but I was watching 29 Pominville

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Pominville is kind of disappointing. Seems hes only noticeable when he's whiffing on wide open nets, and those always have to be set up by a teammate. he's poor on the PP like all the other vets too.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Our PP sucks. Our personnel does not.

Pommer is one of those quite players who you might not always notice but is always part of good things that happen: He's second or third on our team in points.

He's fine.

And if used correctly I believe he would be good on our PP. He's a smart and shifty player with good skill and is consistent.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah I don't get the criticism of Pommer. He's a little behind his averages in terms of goals (0.21 vs 0.32) and points (0.63 vs 0.78) per game, but his shots per game are a fair bit higher than average (3.37 vs 2.79). He's doing the right things that lead to goals.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
Because he wiffs on shots turns the puck over and hes soft as hot butter.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
Where does Antti Miettinen rank on that list. Missed shots are one thing at least OV is hitting the puck not a swing and a miss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad