Jason Garrison

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
canucks needed cap room for miller and more scoring it did work out for the canucks this year. Radim Vrbata and ryan miller after they moved garrison.

They had no idea Miller or Vrbata would sign when they traded Garrison. Freeing up capspace was a part of it but that was to sign Tanev long-term, also they were going to be paying him or Bieksa top 4 money to play on the 3rd pair, Bieksa would never waive his NTC so they asked Garrison if he would and he did.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Vancouver fans were also saying Garrison wasn't close to a $4.6m player for them. But I would attribute most of that to the Tortorella circus, because he's been worth every penny of that contract here.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Vancouver fans were also saying Garrison wasn't close to a $4.6m player for them. But I would attribute most of that to the Tortorella circus, because he's been worth every penny of that contract here.

He has been awesome. Probably our most consistent D man all year. Yes, Stralsy was awesome, but he had a few mini slumps. Garrison has been great all year.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
They had no idea Miller or Vrbata would sign when they traded Garrison. Freeing up capspace was a part of it but that was to sign Tanev long-term, also they were going to be paying him or Bieksa top 4 money to play on the 3rd pair, Bieksa would never waive his NTC so they asked Garrison if he would and he did.

they had a idea that they could get those guys the gm they hired was close to ryan miller! plus teams have those windows to talk to guys before fa starts. yzerman dumped purcell, corbreen and thompson because he felt he could get a few guys in fa. pretty much he knew boyle and stralman were coming because of callahan. yzerman is not going to just dump a nate thompson for a 4th. so these gm's talk to guys agents asking what they want and stuff. You can pretty much expect for boston to unload a contract and try and follow the canuck path. teams will start doing this more and more with that fa window.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
he may play in later games in round one i'd expect he will miss at least the first two games

Ah. I see it's some sort of upper body injury, though I don't suppose they'd have said anything more than that?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Those were outlinder fans. The majority either loathed the trade (it's still debated heavily on our board), or simply felt Garrison was too similar to what we already have. I fall into the former category for the precise reason you cited. Tortorella was a disaster to almost everyone on the Canucks. Look no further than Edler, who has completely rebounded.

I'm glad to hear Garrison is working out for you guys. I really liked the guy and felt we jerked him around

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
- $6 million dollar backup goalie.:sarcasm:

- Buyout of Booth freed up cap space for Vrbata

- Good point about Tanev; but our GM turns around and hands a $3.6 million contract to an inferior player named Sbisa. Sbisa *may* one day reach Garrison's level - but he ain't anywhere close to that yet (while being paid not that much different than Garrison).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad