Confirmed with Link: Jason Dickinson (2 years $4.25 aav extension)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7572.jpeg

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm fine with this. Decent player, and again, it looks like KD is positioning himself to not have these guys on the books once the team is ready to contend, so the cap hit is mostly irrelevant. My guess is the 2 year expiration on this and Foligno will kind of line up with where KD expects the Hawks to start their window.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m all about this. Actually has some offensive ability and is a good Pker. Cap hit won’t make a difference since the cap is going up 4 million this year and potentially another 4 the year after.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Sets the timeline in stone pretty good. Got a lot of losing to do still.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Sets the timeline in stone pretty good. Got a lot of losing to do still.

Do you anticipate them to be as bad next season as they've been they have been the past two?

Bedard will be another year older, have a season under his belt (injuries aside) and hopefully they won't rack up as many injuries next year as they have suffered this season.

I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not expecting them to be a playoff team in year 2 with Bedard but I really can't see them being lottery bad AGAIN unless things unravel.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Will be in the lottery next year but I just don’t think they’ll be bottom five probably somewhere 5-8. Why is foligno paid more than Dickinson? 7 years younger playing better? Looks like the trade deadline will be really quiet unless we take back some bad contracts. Campbell, I’m sure Washington would add to get kuznetsov. Anybody else?

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Do you anticipate them to be as bad next season as they've been they have been the past two?

Bedard will be another year older, have a season under his belt (injuries aside) and hopefully they won't rack up as many injuries next year as they have suffered this season.

I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not expecting them to be a playoff team in year 2 with Bedard but I really can't see them being lottery bad AGAIN unless things unravel.
I dont imagine them being a ton better. Unless we get 1oa i dont expect our top pick to be super effective on the hawks next year plus no other big impact prospects coming especially on forward. Unless EDM or Allan really revamps our d, we gonna let in a lot of pucks. Id imagine KD adds another Hall type player.

Reactions: belfour30

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dickinson extention helps a bit trying to get to the the floor.

But unless he got an NMC,Hawks could trade him at TDL 2025 to a contender going all in , giving them a depth C for bottom 2 lines for 2 Cup runs 2025 and 2026......Hawks could eat half his cap cost and that proposition could get the Hawks a late first for "25 or '26 draft ...extending him ups the price from what a mere rental going ufa would have fetched if we had traded him at this upcoming TDL..

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Dickin
I think most Hawks fans who have been watching would approve this signing.
Yes but thinking 9 million locked into Foligno and Dickinson isnt exactly exciting. I do hope they are able to pay some of these other older more skilled guys in free agency to play with Bedard.

Stephenson Marchessault Bertuzzi Kane? Duclair Domi Perron? Novak Tuevo?

*I also understand this isnt ruling these guys out with the cap space we have*

Reactions: hockeydoug

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Not a KD fan but I'll give him credit for this one, the term is friendly and he shouldn't block any of the prospects from minutes they would need no matter how many minutes Richardson leans on him for..
I'm surprised Dickinson took two years, thought he could have gotten 4 at a smaller AAV out there. I did not think there was any value in trading him at the deadline.

Hard not to like a player who bets on themselves.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Dickin

Yes but thinking 9 million locked into Foligno and Dickinson isnt exactly exciting. I do hope they are able to pay some of these other older more skilled guys in free agency to play with Bedard.

Stephenson Marchessault Bertuzzi Kane? Duclair Domi Perron? Novak Tuevo?

*I also understand this isnt ruling these guys out with the cap space we have*
For two years? They aren’t gonna flip an entire roster in an offseason and don’t want to get too bogged down in long term commitments.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
What a trade that GM Davidson pulled off the beginning of last season, Riley Stillman to VAN for Dickinson AND a 2024 2nd, top 65 pick…wow!

That move and acquiring Nikita Zaitsevs’ contract WITH a 2023 2nd(Roman Kantserov) AND a 2026 4th are the types of deals that need to be done

Josh Bailey AND a 2nd in 2024 for nothing from NYI

Reactions: Dead Meat

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm fine with this. I like him as a player and it doesn't extend to the time where Bedard/KK/Vlasic will need to be re-signed.

Sure, Hawks could've traded him at the deadline, but best case scenario, he'd probably fetch a 2nd. And Hawks have 8 of those over the next 3 drafts, so it's not a big deal.

The kids could use some stable veteran presence.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Great guy, solid player, and even if an overpay his contract ends before we need to worry about cap space.

All good.

Seriously, being a bad team stinks, but not having to worry about cap implications of contracts is at least a silver lining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad