Jason Botterill Discussion Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I am a still triggered by this clown. In three years, has he only done THREE moves that worked out? Lazar, Joker, and Eichel’s extension?

That can’t be right? A blind monkey being beat to death would average more than one good move a year.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Off topic but can anyone tell me why the tweets aren't opening for me recently? I use the duck duck go mobile browser and tried looking through the settings to see if I could allow just Twitter to be accessible but can't figure it out.... any suggestions? Hard reading the boards now with every post with Twitter links being blank but this site is unusable without an adblock browser. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Also to add so it's not totally off topic, they need to fire Botterill immediately. No GM takes him seriously and won't make a fair deal with him after his disastrous track record of moves. (Skinner exception)

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I am a still triggered by this clown. In three years, has he only done THREE moves that worked out? Lazar, Joker, and Eichel’s extension?

That can’t be right? A blind monkey being beat to death would average more than one good move a year.
it is pretty funny how everybody is triggered over a trade not involving him today (not directly), the PTSD just comes flooding back :laugh:

Reactions: Dirty Dog

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

He freed up cap space with the O'Reilly trade....

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Cap genius finally gets is target in FROLIK to agree to come so he has to move money out and quickly takes a crap deal for one of the D he was hoarding for no reason and sees every step of it blow up in his face from Frolik’s play to Scandella’s second return.

An amazing man. An amazing man.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm very quickly reaching the point where I'm hoping Botts can't do anything at the TDL. This way, he can't get ****ed by other GMs.

He'd probably be like "Sheary and Asplund for a 7th? No retention on Sheary? OK."
Da capo of GMTMs last deadline is a best case scenario.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I'm very quickly reaching the point where I'm hoping Botts can't do anything at the TDL. This way, he can't get ****ed by other GMs.

He'd probably be like "Sheary and Asplund for a 7th? No retention on Sheary? OK."
We have two games with the Pens Sheary is safe from Bobbleheads POV. It was obviously the only reason he is still in the organization.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Botterill is never going to win over fans until he replaces O'Reilly without giving up too much. I think he's being very cautious because he's trying to do exactly that, replace that player without hurting the roster too much.

Good luck.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
And the decision for no President of hockey ops:

TP: Uh Jason, Kim and I were thinking maybe you could use a bit of help with your duties and are thinking of a president role.

JB: Well Terry its a situation where I think I got things covered.
TP: But my Pittsburgh friends are texting me with those emoji things with dunce caps about the Scandella thing?

JB: Well its your team but if you bring in another guy you’ll have to give up your seat at the draft table. We need one for Steve, and Ralph and the scout staff and if we add a POHO, well its a situation where there are not enough chairs.

TP: Your right you got this. Oh and can we have those gourmet jelly beans again this year?

JB: sure Terry you’re the boss.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
he could also build a competitive hockey team one day. That would do it
Technically they're on pace for their best season since Regier and Ruff.

I just think he's been less open about suffering and tanking then previous GMs. There is definitely a rebuild happening, but he's also trying to remain competitive during the rebuild. My problem with this rebuild is how he rushed a few prospects. If Mittelstadt and Thompson had to earn their spots with the Sabres fans would be less angry. Imagine having a ppg Mittelstadt in the AHL ready to come up. Fans would be talking differently.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Technically they're on pace for their best season since Regier and Ruff.

I just think he's been less open about suffering and tanking then previous GMs. There is definitely a rebuild happening, but he's also trying to remain competitive during the rebuild. My problem with this rebuild is how he rushed a few prospects. If Mittelstadt and Thompson had to earn their spots with the Sabres fans would be less angry. Imagine having a ppg Mittelstadt in the AHL ready to come up. Fans would be talking differently.

When fans go into fantasy mode of a slightly better version of this garbage run...

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Bott's analytic's guy advising him on trade deadline strategy

4IRR.gif

Buy, Buy, Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell, Sell

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
What fantasy? He screwed up. Can't change how he handled Mittelstadt and Thompson.

The fantasy is that if Botts had actually operated like how a segment of posters imagined he was operating, then things would be totally different, aka, Mitts as a ppg ahl player would be a different story. Or that the team would be in sone better place.

He literally has not been the patience and development guy that a number of people have tried to call him to explain repeated failure.

He has used multiple assets to bring in veteran players with significant cap hits. He has rushed prospects, drafted low ceiling players regularly.

But yet, you comment about this being a stealth rebuild....

Literally the only move that has occurred under Botts watch that could fairly be described as a rebuild type of move was the O'reilly trade, and even that was described by numerous posters and the media as a at worst quick reload move where the depth vets could do most of what O'reilly did and the futures would just provide more help down the road.

It was all pure fantasy.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
The fantasy is that if Botts had actually operated like how a segment of posters imagined he was operating, then things would be totally different, aka, Mitts as a ppg ahl player would be a different story. Or that the team would be in sone better place.

He literally has not been the patience and development guy that a number of people have tried to call him to explain repeated failure.

He has used multiple assets to bring in veteran players with significant cap hits. He has rushed prospects, drafted low ceiling players regularly.

But yet, you comment about this being a stealth rebuild....

Literally the only move that has occurred under Botts watch that could fairly be described as a rebuild type of move was the O'reilly trade, and even that was described by numerous posters and the media as a at worst quick reload move where the depth vets could do most of what O'reilly did and the futures would just provide more help down the road.

It was all pure fantasy.
Botterill is rebuilding, he's just done a terrible job. We should have prospects ready to break into the lineup but don't. He messed that up. Imagine if Olofsson wasn't as good as he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad