Confirmed with Link: Jaros to SJ, Kopacka & SJ 7th to Ottawa

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
There is absolutely no hockey sense in any trades or decisions Dorion makes. Just a knee-jerk reflex reactions to current situations in front of him at the moment.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
There is absolutely no hockey sense in any trades or decisions Dorion makes. Just a knee-jerk reflex reactions to current situations in front of him at the moment.

Jaros was on waivers a couple weeks ago. SJ likely had to trade a player to make the contracts work and we got a pick for a guy with no value.

There's a million moves you could say this about, this is not one of them. It's also about giving Jaros a chance to maybe play rather than have him sitting at home.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I guess we really like Aspirot and Josh "healthy scratch" Brown.
Josh Brown is much more capable than Jaros. I had hopes for Jaros but I think we’d play Thomson before him and we will be adding JBD for next year.

This year we have 5 RD ahead of him and I think we would have played an LD like Coburn or Brann on the right side ahead of him. He just wasn’t going to get a sniff so it’s likely a favour from Dorion to Jaros and his agent.

Reactions: aragorn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jaros was on waivers a couple weeks ago. SJ likely had to trade a player to make the contracts work and we got a pick for a guy with no value.

There's a million moves you could say this about, this is not one of them. It's also about giving Jaros a chance to maybe play rather than have him sitting at home.

Seems like such a nice thing to do though lol... Help Jaros out .. Thats probably it

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The trade was

The first trade of the day came when the Sharks traded left-handed defencemen Trevor Carrick to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Jack Kopacka, who is currently playing in the ECHL.
The second trade came later when the Sharks moved Kopacka and a 7th round pick in 2022 to the Ottawa Senators for Christian Jaros.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
More so then Jaros at least. They had open slots on the right side and went out and brought in three other guys. Writing was on the wall for Jaros's career as a Senator.

oh yeah for sure. It's a shame as a couple years ago, it seemed like he would become a player. I'll monitor him for sure and Balcers in SJ, as I think there was still something there.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I’m Galchenyuks biggest fan. But I’m like why did you sign him and get rid of balcers and then trade for another youngish forward. Who by all accounts is not as good as balcers

It's not a coincidence that Doug Wilson is actively trading with Pierre

Remember the Hoffman trade? Got Boedker (who ended up being NHL done not long after) and downgraded a 5th for a 6th, to then see the Sharks get a 2nd, a 4th and upgrade a 7th to a 5th for Hoffman

Dorion got his revenge with the Karlsson trade

But instead of keeping it like that, Dorion FEELS BAD about it and give away Balcers and Jaros... Dime a dozen, maybe but there's also a chance they end up as useful players and all we have to show for it is a 7th round pick...

Wilson just working towards a payback, one piece at a time. Dorion picks up the phone.

Maybe one of the posters that seems to be able to explain Dorion's moves to the rest of us can explain moving big fast RD prospect with some NHL games that can shoot and hit for a left shot winger that started the year in the ECHL last year. Are we that flush with RDs of that ilk ?

Every prospect not on the roster or not freshly drafted is dime a dozen

I mean, they couldn't even make our stellar lineup!

Anyone got any intel on this Jack kid we brought in?

He was ranked #23 in the HF Ducks prospect pool in December!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Just a contract spot the Sharks wanted to free up.
You're probably right. But he looks like he's got a bit of talent in his highlights and put up decent goal totals in junior (nothing amazing). His AHL stats just suck.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's not a coincidence that Doug Wilson is actively trading with Pierre

Remember the Hoffman trade? Got Boedker (who ended up being NHL done not long after) and downgraded a 5th for a 6th, to then see the Sharks get a 2nd, a 4th and upgrade a 7th to a 5th for Hoffman

Dorion got his revenge with the Karlsson trade

But instead of keeping it like that, Dorion FEELS BAD about it and give away Balcers and Jaros... Dime a dozen, maybe but there's also a chance they end up as useful players and all we have to show for it is a 7th round pick...

Wilson just working towards a payback, one piece at a time. Dorion picks up the phone.

Every prospect not on the roster or not freshly drafted is dime a dozen

I mean, they couldn't even make our stellar lineup!

Making our stellar lineup huh? The talent evaluators maybe need to evaluated.
Low+Score+Judges.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Making our stellar lineup huh? The talent evaluators maybe need to evaluated.
Low+Score+Judges.jpg

No, you don't understand Dorion's 3D gambits

It's a reverse psychology on the whole North division to go 4-14-2 to start the season so they'll think that they don't need to worry about us. When this is completed, we go 36-0 the rest of the way. Profit

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Seems like such a nice thing to do though lol... Help Jaros out .. Thats probably it

GMs literally do this all the time at the request of the player's agent.

Nothing new.

If you're not using a player might as well give him a chance elsewhere rather than let him rot at home. Jaros is still somewhat young so it's normal he'd want to have a chance elsewhere before it's too late.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You're probably right. But he looks like he's got a bit of talent in his highlights and put up decent goal totals in junior (nothing amazing). His AHL stats just suck.
I doubt he gets a QO unless he makes strides somehow this year. Literally just a minor league forward with no future in the NHL.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I doubt he gets a QO unless he makes strides somehow this year. Literally just a minor league forward with no future in the NHL.
Yeah i guess. But didn't jack play for DJ? And why would the team accept such a low pick for Jaros vs just keeping him?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah i guess. But didn't jack play for DJ? And why would the team accept such a low pick for Jaros vs just keeping him?
Because they put him on waivers with no takers. This is doing the player/agent a solid. It happens all the time around the league.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Because they put him on waivers with no takers. This is doing the player/agent a solid. It happens all the time around the league.
This makes no sense. Why would it be a 3-way trade if we didn't care who was coming back? Why get the ducks involved at all?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It makes sense to move on from guys like Jaros and Lajoie given the way the AHL is shaping up this season. By the sounds of it, Belleville will play 24 games this season; 8 against each of Toronto, Laval and Manitoba. That's not many. Seemingly no Calder Cup Playoffs this season either.

Given that environment I think the organization has probably decided to stop investing time, effort and money into guys that have plateaued.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He’s big and fast and has the opportunity to develop into a useful bottom 6 player.

A 4th line who plays like Watson or Paul is valuable than a 2LW which can’t crack the top 6 and can’t defend.
We are short of bottom sizers so this will be a boon to the team. Genius move!

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It makes sense to move on from guys like Jaros and Lajoie given the way the AHL is shaping up this season. By the sounds of it, Belleville will play 24 games this season; 8 against each of Toronto, Laval and Manitoba. That's not many. Seemingly no Calder Cup Playoffs this season either.

Given that environment I think the organization has probably decided to stop investing time, effort and money into guys that have plateaued.

I think the team needs to stop investing money in players who have cratered too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad