Confirmed with Link: Jaros to SJ, Kopacka & SJ 7th to Ottawa

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Not a good return for Jaros imo.. Big fast RD that can play physical and plays with heart.... vs a middling AHL winger .. no thanks
And didn’t give him a chance here outside of his 60 games. This year should have been his real nhl opportunity.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He is slow and bad with the puck just the way DJ likes his D. Jaros is just simply too young for DJ. DJ likes his players like he likes his Women, cougars.

Wasn't Jaros clocked as the fastest player on the team?

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And didn’t give him a chance here. This year should have been his real nhl opportunity.

I think our hope was he become a guy like Brown, maybe he had a little more upside at one point but kind of stalled. I liked him, but he never put it all together at the NHL level imo. Maybe a bit more confidence, or adjustment time would have done it, idk, but all the best in SJ.

For the return we got, I'd probably have passed, but if this means he gets a real opportunity, good for him.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
TBH, this is one I don't like.

I thought Jaros had some potential and never got a fair shake under DJ. IMO, the only "depth" prospect that didn't get a fair chance.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I’m Galchenyuks biggest fan. But I’m like why did you sign him and get rid of balcers and then trade for another youngish forward. Who by all accounts is not as good as balcers

Reactions: gab6511

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't get it. We waive Balcers who appears to be a superior winger to this guy and give up a couple assets to get Kopacka. Does this guy replace Jaros on the taxi squad or go to the AHL?

This guy is waiver exempt.

You can't make an apples to apples comparison between Balcers and Kopacka.

Jaros didn't have a future here. We shuffled some things around to balance out the positions, and clear up some roster spots for if we sign or bring over the likes of Sanderson, JBD, Kleven, Tychonik, Thomsonm etc. next season.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Also, I'm not sure of the implication of the taxi squad vs AHL squad, but does this mean that a spot could be opening up for Brannstrom on the taxi squad? Maybe the AHL season is looking less and less likely, and Dorion is trying to get him to the Sens?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Also, I'm not sure of the implication of the taxi squad vs AHL squad, but does this mean that a spot could be opening up for Brannstrom on the taxi squad? Maybe the AHL season is looking less and less likely, and Dorion is trying to get him to the Sens?

Jaros wasn't on the taxi squad.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jaros wasn't on the taxi squad (aspirot and Zub are), and if they wanted Brannstrom on the taxi squad, he'd likely have been there.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I don't get it. We waive Balcers who appears to be a superior winger to this guy and give up a couple assets to get Kopacka. Does this guy replace Jaros on the taxi squad or go to the AHL?
Taxi Squad: Joey Daccord, Jonathan Aspirot, Artem Zub, Filip Chlapik, Micheal Haley, Matthew Peca.
goes to the AHL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looks like we got another N. Paul for Jaros?
You can't be a Nick Paul unless you get called up and sent down 15 times and come out of it better on the other end

I think we gave up the better asset .. IE the guy with the Nick Paul potential

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I kinda agree, but evidently they feel like Zub is a better player than him.

I did/do think Jaros has #5 upside though, although he's failed to develop in the past few years.

He's probably not worse than Coburn, but we also didn't acquire Coburn because we wanted him. Coburn is here, thought, and he deserved a look. Either way, if management felt like Jaros was a viable option we could have gotten him into the lineup. Given that he just went through waivers, a 7th isn't a terrible return. I would have liked to see him get a shot, but if management didn't have that in their plans, I'm glad we got something back for him.
Pretty hard to tell if he was better or worse he didnt get anything close to a look.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe one of the posters that seems to be able to explain Dorion's moves to the rest of us can explain moving big fast RD prospect with some NHL games that can shoot and hit for a left shot winger that started the year in the ECHL last year. Are we that flush with RDs of that ilk ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Maybe one of the posters that seems to be able to explain Dorion's moves to the rest of us can explain moving big fast RD prospect with some NHL games that can shoot and hit for a left shot winger that started the year in the ECHL last year. Are we that flush with RDs of that ilk ?
This move is simply to give Jaros a chance somewhere else. The 7th is just to offset grabbing a contract back.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I guess we really like Aspirot and Josh "healthy scratch" Brown.

More so then Jaros at least. They had open slots on the right side and went out and brought in three other guys. Writing was on the wall for Jaros's career as a Senator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad