Prospect Info: Jaromir Pytlick (#99 pick - 2020 draft)

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the second round, 118th Overall in the 2018 CHL Import Draft, Jaromir Pytlik spent half of the 2018-19 season in the Czech Republic before joining the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. Once he came over, he made an instant impact. Pytlik scored 11 goals and eight assists for 19 points in 26 games that year. He also added four goals and four assists for eight points in 11 playoff games. Pytlik has been even better this year. He put up 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 points in 56 games.

Pytlik represents the Czech Republic on the international stage. At the 2020 World Juniors, he scored one assist in five games. He had six points in 14 games for the Czech Under-20 team this year. He also played in the 2018 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, captaining the team and picking up two points in four games. Overall he had four goals and 12 points in 15 games for the Czech Under-18 team that season. Pytlik played at the 2018 Under-18 World Championships, scoring two points in six games as an underage player. Pytlik also won a bronze medal at the 2017 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals in the six-game tournament.

Jaromir Pytlik Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #56

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Figures the NHLN broadcast went to commercial right when we picked, did they say anything on this guy when they came back?

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Figures the NHLN broadcast went to commercial right when we picked, did they say anything on this guy when they came back?
said hes a safe pick to become a bottom 6 guy and if he can improve his offensive game through his high iq, he has a chance of becoming a big catch

xigon

Jun 13, 2019
marco-rossi-2020-810.jpg
Jaromir-Pytlik.jpg

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Haha, I used to watch this kid when he was like 10 years old.
I copied his father's skating drills for my son after I watched Jaromir. Never would I have thought he would make NHL, not to mention Devils.

His skating is actually not bad as they say, the problem is he is not agile or fast in terms of body movement and athleticism, so it shows up in skating. His skating is actually decent. His father was a good skater also.

You can probably still find his videos on YouTube when he was a kid and people would say he skates like an average AA kid, but here he is in NHL. Good for him.

That's him at 10 years old in his father academy:

and him at 9 years old:

Last edited:

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Read a write up on this kid on thehockeywriters.com...apparently he dropped in the rankings and most places had him ranked in the 2nd round. He's a jack of all trades/coaches favorite and he is a big kid at 6 foot 3 200lbs. Great pick to take a chance on , hard to find players like him with that two way game and size.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
European houses in the mountain region, or even in US have those top level ceilings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad