Jaromir Jagr vs. Alexander Ovechkin

Greater all-time player.

• Jagr now and Jagr forever.

Votes: 242 59.0%
  • Jagr now, but Ovechkin by the time he is done playing.

Votes: 45 11.0%
  • Ovechkin now and Ovechkin forever.

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • Ovechkin now, but Jagr by the time he is done playing.

Votes: 8 2.0%

• Total voters

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Jagr was a 3rd liner for many of his first seasons.
Only really took over once Mario retired, and promptly dropped the ball dying alive.

Ovi was #1 from the get-go.
This has got to be a joke....Ovheckin is a great goal scorer but Jagr is not that far behind and is much better at many other facets of the game. Jagr any day.

Reactions: Goodman68

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Typical Ovechkin. His career Olympic highlight is hitting a 38 year-old legend in a tournament where his team finishes 6th.

My Best-Carey
This comment just reeks of a personal bias against Ovechkin lol.

I agree that whoever posted that hit isn't doing much to push a constructive discussion, but comments like this are so backhanded and completely delusional.

It's almost like people forget that Ovechkin made the Olympic All-Star team in 2006 (which is a highlight in his olympic career that far exceeds just a hit lol).

• Haha
Reactions: Ignatius

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Jagr was a team leading scorer at 43 years old. (Panthers) Even went to the playoff with that team. (He sucked in those tho)

He was 8pts short the next year at 44...

Led his team in pts at 41 years old too (Devils)

Leading a NHL team in pts twice as a 40 years old +...

I ain't gonna talk about the rest.

AO is amazing at goalscoring but c'mon its not even close.
ok when superstar goes and signs with the high school teams of the league he should be their leading scorer regardless of age.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
This comment just reeks of a personal bias against Ovechkin lol.

I agree that whoever posted that hit isn't doing much to push a constructive discussion, but comments like this are so backhanded and completely delusional.

It's almost like people forget that Ovechkin made the Olympic All-Star team in 2006 (which is a highlight in his olympic career that far exceeds just a hit lol).
When your highlight internationally is making a damn all star team when you were 20 years old. Enough said lol. My absolute favorite international ovechkin stat is him going pointless in the 2012 world championships...

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Who'll ever forget the 2006 Olympics where Ovechkin was tied for 22nd in tournament scoring while leading Russia to a 4th place finish (including getting shutout in the both the Semi-Final and Bronze medal games)? Was Putin on the AS selection committee?

My Best-Carey

Reactions: Nathaniel Skywalker

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
When your highlight internationally is making a damn all star team when you were 20 years old. Enough said lol. My absolute favorite international ovechkin stat is him going pointless in the 2012 world championships...
As usual, your takes are senseless.

1) What the hell does being 20 have to do with anything? Most players peak young anyways

2) Making an olympic all-star team is a huge accomplishment, and is more impressive (on a personal basis) than winning a team award is.

3) I'm glad that you have a favorite stat, although I think you think it means way more than it actually does LOL. My favorite stat is Crosby being an average player on both of Team C's OG golds, yet receiving the credit as if he carried the team on his back (which he most certainly did not).

Never change vegito

Who'll ever forget the 2006 Olympics where Ovechkin was tied for 22nd in tournament scoring while leading Russia to a 4th place finish (including getting shutout in the both the Semi-Final and Bronze medal games)? Was Putin on the AS selection committee?

My Best-Carey
First off, not necessarily fair to only look at point results. Especially since Ovechkin was 3rd in goals in the tournament, and there is a huge variation in the competition of WHERE you're getting the points at.

Secondly, your second sentence continues to show some inherent level of bias/hate that you have that are impacting your opinion on this. Enough said.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
As usual, your takes are senseless.

1) What the hell does being 20 have to do with anything? Most players peak young anyways

2) Making an olympic all-star team is a huge accomplishment, and is more impressive (on a personal basis) than winning a team award is.

3) I'm glad that you have a favorite stat, although I think you think it means way more than it actually does LOL. My favorite stat is Crosby being an average player on both of Team C's OG golds, yet receiving the credit as if he carried the team on his back (which he most certainly did not).

Never change vegito

First off, not necessarily fair to only look at point results. Especially since Ovechkin was 3rd in goals in the tournament, and there is a huge variation in the competition of WHERE you're getting the points at.

Secondly, your second sentence continues to show some inherent level of bias/hate that you have that are impacting your opinion on this. Enough said.
Another fav stats of mine Is ovechkin being under a ppg in both international play and playoffs. And call me nathaniel. Real name no gimmicks

Reactions: sanscosm

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Another fav stats of mine Is ovechkin being under a ppg in both international play and playoffs. And call me nathaniel. Real name no gimmicks
Gotta love how you can't stay on topic and actually hold a discussion (especially after you continuously get corrected for your irrelevant and bad takes).

Nathan.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Gotta love how you can't stay on topic and actually hold a discussion (especially after you continuously get corrected for your irrelevant and bad takes).

Nathan.
First off I would hardly call 7 points in 7 gp average while also failing to mention that he scored one of the biggest goals in hockey history in OT to win the Olympic Gold. Also while he didn't light up the 14 Olympics he once again scored in the gold medal game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad