Jaromir Jagr / Jarome Iginla

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
At this point they are just names, there is no real reason for an NHL team to want them anymore.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Pretty sad one of the worse teams didn't pick up Jags.

I mean what did they have to lose? If Jags wants to play in the NHL and I was Buffalo or Arizona or someone I would've brought him in to get him his final records and call it a career.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Pretty sad one of the worse teams didn't pick up Jags.

I mean what did they have to lose? If Jags wants to play in the NHL and I was Buffalo or Arizona or someone I would've brought him in to get him his final records and call it a career.
That's ice time away from kids. Kids that feel they've earned a shot.

Jagr shouldn't be doing that, if he isn't good enough anymore. To hang around as a mascot.

If he can do it on his ability though, that's a different thing. I loved Bryan Trottier as a 4th line center. He could still cut it. Was very good at it. Jagr wouldn't be good at that.

Reactions: Skip2myBordyloo

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Love both those guys but they're both done and need to hang them upo
Jagr will play in Europe for as long as teams offer him money
Iginla I could see either on TV or involved with management on an NHL team

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

Jagr shouldn't be doing that, if he isn't good enough anymore. To hang around as a mascot.

If he can do it on his ability though, that's a different thing. I loved Bryan Trottier as a 4th line center. He could still cut it. Was very good at it. Jagr wouldn't be good at that.

Have you seen the 3rd and 4th line for the bottom teams? They are hardly loaded with future NHLers, but more so NHL dead weight who likely have no future, even if they did have a future they could prove it next year.

I also doubt that he's not good enough anymore, the guy nearly had 50 points last year, I'm sure he's better than Jordan friggin Nolan.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Any chance Iginla will agree to play for any team next year? Or will he only play for a team with a chance at winning the Cup? Maybe he will play for one of the four remaining teams for this year's Cup.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
i know that. the first part of my sentence was answering the first question and the second part of my sentence was responding to the third part of his post.
So why isn't he eligible to play for any of the four remaining teams next year?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
You misunderstood what the first guy was saying, he was asking if he will play for one of the four remaining teams NEXT year.

Any chance Iginla will agree to play for any team next year? Or will he only play for a team with a chance at winning the Cup? Maybe he will play for one of the four remaining teams for this year's Cup.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

Jagr is still better than like half the league. If a kid cant beat out Jagr then the kid isnt ready. Or maybe it's because Jagr would have to be 70 for any kid to be able to displace him, he was that Godly of a Hockey player.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Jagr is still better than like half the league. .

giphy.gif

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Did anyone else have to read the thread title several times until their eyes accepted that it isn't the same name twice?

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
You don't win with guys leading your days.

They were good support players in their days but they have been done for years.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Iginla lost his chance at a Cup, when he nixed the trade that would have sent him to Boston. He shot himself in the foot. Not that he necessarily would have won if he'd gone to Boston, but when a player nixes a trade that was seemingly "done," I lose compassion for them. It's like Eric Lindros not wanting to sign with Quebec City.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd like the Oilers to give both a PTO. With our weakness on the right wing (Rattie, Pulujarvi, Yamamoto and Kassian are probably our starting day RW's), I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them make the team. I'd rather let Yamamoto marinate than call him up too early, and Rattie may not be the player he was for 20 games to close out the season with us. Neither are ideal, but could possibly be better than doing nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad