Confirmed with Link: Jaromir Jagr has re-signed with the Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Thank you for the site. It is a vary sad personal life story. I knew the story for sometime, I believe I saw it on TV a year ago. As a surviving double cancer patient, myself, I understand what they went through as a family. There are many sad stories about cancer patients everywhere.

The Masterton:

"The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is an annual award under the trusteeship of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association and is given to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey."

By definition I don't think it would be a joke to award this to Jagr, he has met the criteria.

Moore would qualify for a sympathic vote.

I am glad I don't have to decide.

Yea no need to get into specifics, it just plain ****ing sucks (have had immediate family go through that **** as well), glad to see you are doing well

The Moore situation is pretty similar to Jose Theodore's a few seasons back when he won the award after his son passed away and he came back to have a solid year

Malholtra and Moore both persevered through difficult personal situations and in doing so also displayed their sportsmanship and dedication to hockey

Jagr works his ass off and loves the game, fitting the dedication/sportsmanship, but he didn't persevere through anything, especially to the extent that the other two did - no disrespect to Jagr of course

Regardless of who does wind up winning it, it still is no slight to the other 2 as they've all been great guys in the league for a number of years

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
also, good to get this done early bc free agency is a crazy thing. you never know, if another team woulda come calling with an attractive sales pitch, goodbye

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
This entire re-signing process is completely opposite of how Lou normally operates

Gets leaked early
Gets leaked by player re-signing the contract
Never denied by Lou
Status Quo never leaves Lou's lips during this process
Lou acknowledges a deal in place before it is finalized

NC107*

Yea no need to get into specifics, it just plain ****ing sucks (have had immediate family go through that **** as well), glad to see you are doing well

The Moore situation is pretty similar to Jose Theodore's a few seasons back when he won the award after his son passed away and he came back to have a solid year

Malholtra and Moore both persevered through difficult personal situations and in doing so also displayed their sportsmanship and dedication to hockey

Jagr works his ass off and loves the game, fitting the dedication/sportsmanship, but he didn't persevere through anything, especially to the extent that the other two did - no disrespect to Jagr of course

Regardless of who does wind up winning it, it still is no slight to the other 2 as they've all been great guys in the league for a number of years

Thank you for sharing. They both have a bit of the three criteria. Like I said I glad I don't have to chose. I am firm if Jagr wins it's not a "JOKE" or a discredit to the award or to Moore. Life deals some strange curve balls.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Thank you for sharing. They both have a bit of the three criteria. Like I said I glad I don't have to chose. I am firm if Jagr wins it's not a "JOKE" or a discredit to the award or to Moore. Life deals some strange curve balls.

Yup, not an easy choice this year

NC107*

This entire re-signing process is completely opposite of how Lou normally operates

Gets leaked early
Never denied by Lou
Lou acknowledges a deal in place before it ets be a is finalized

I said this somewhere today unlike Lou. This may be the year, I hope. He has money, no restrictions other than the cap. Have a go at it Lou lets be a contender next season, not for the playoffs but the whole package. IMHO 2 or 3 upscale moves gets this done, maybe only 2 at the begining.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well even Lou might be loosening the strings a bit with no playoffs three of the last four years. People are less tolerant of the status quo CIA stuff at that point than they are when the team's winning all the time.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Well even Lou might be loosening the strings a bit with no playoffs three of the last four years. People are less tolerant of the status quo CIA stuff at that point than they are when the team's winning all the time.

I think Lou knows what he has to do. New ownership will be intolerant of the results of the last few years. Lou has to start cutting the wheat from the chaff. He has dead weight that has to go, i.e. Sal. He has small contract guys who are not producing, despite the energy they expend. The Devils have not been able to put the puck in the ocean for years. Jags would have had 80 or 90 points last season if the guys he kept setting up in goalscorers' spots, could finish. There is money available. He has a good nucleus including an excellent keeper, 3 top D-men, and maybe 5 forwards. The rest are the reason the Devils play low scoring games, good defensively with the goal scoring touch of blacksmiths. Their low salaries makes them easier to trade and leaves money somewhere in the budget to pay guys who put the puck in the net. If Lou stays status quo or just jiggles the jar with a minor move or two, he will be looking for work as those GMs on other losing teams are now doing.

It will start with a bona fide scoring LW for Jag's line. From there it can only be more improvement. Forget the draft, there won't be anything there of value by the time NJ gets to select. It's trades, UFAs, and maybe an Albany prospect or two. Otherwise the Devs will be on the outside looking in again. They cannot be a contender with the roster as is.

I still trust in Lou. Now he has to become his old self again and get down to doing the job he's always been famous for.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I know I'm late to the party here but I'm very happy about this re-signing. I am not expecting Jagr to replicate what he did this season but its clear the guy still has something left in the tank. I just hope he isn't relied upon for primary scoring again

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know I'm late to the party here but I'm very happy about this re-signing. I am not expecting Jagr to replicate what he did this season but its clear the guy still has something left in the tank. I just hope he isn't relied upon for primary scoring again

Nothing to hate about this.

He needed to come back as we need to supplement his scoring not have to try and replace it.

Obviously a fan of him but I like the length the terms and most of all that he had no doubt he wanted to come back here. Have to like that kind of loyalty and I think it shows he has faith they can bounce back next year.

Status Quo*

Gets leaked early
Never denied by Lou
Lou acknowledges a deal in place before it is finalized

woah woah woah, I was never ever near Lou's lips :sarcasm:

Semak

So glad to see this. Was up in the mountains with no reception for two days.

A big step one for this team. Even if he only hits 50pts next year, still needed him back for what he brings besides scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad