News Article: Jaromir Jagr compliments Montreal Canadiens fans attitude, loyalty/passion for Habs

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Huge mistake on every level...

Would've been great mentor for Galch & other young skill guys
Would've been great for our pp
Would've been great for marketing dept
Would've been great for international/Europe brand
Would've been great for our biggest need (top 6 W talent)

And he wanted to play here
And he had proven chemistry with Pleks
And he has the personality, and pedigree, to handle Mtl media/fan pressure

About as no brainer a signing as you could get.

MB made no attempt to sign him.

Nuff said

Exactly this. Look at the things he's done for Barkov and Hubardeau.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
By far the move that has pissed me off over the years about bergevin, not signing jagr when he said he wanted to come here. He would be such a fan favorite beating all those records and he would be such a good mentor for galchenyuk, gallagher and all of the otber younger players
For all the talk about Jagr, he would not be breaking all those records in a Therrien system. Poor Jagr would be playing with Mitchell and Byron on nights with 14 minutes a game because he would not grind. When he was good he might get to play with the mighty DDH but his lease would be short.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
For all the talk about Jagr, he would not be breaking all those records in a Therrien system. Poor Jagr would be playing with Mitchell and Byron on nights with 14 minutes a game because he would not grind. When he was good he might get to play with the mighty DDH but his lease would be short.

I don't buy this for a second. Its ****ing Jagr. The guy would make Therrien quiver like a little ***** by his mere presence.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
I don't buy this for a second. Its ****ing Jagr. The guy would make Therrien quiver like a little ***** by his mere presence.

Therrien somehow in his mind thinks he's Scotty Bowman. In my years of watching hockey I have not hated a coach so much as this @#$ for brains. To have a GM to support and bring this guy in and keep him with every opportunity passing him.....

How the hell do you pass on a player like Jagr? Fellow countryman Plekanec would elevate his game to the Plek's we are use to & love. Guys like Eller would learn at ton from him. There's a reason Florida is so good and his positive influence is a big factor.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Therrien is authoritarian and wanted dump and chase. It wouldn't have worked and it's probably why we didn't sign him. MB probably knew that Jagr wouldn't fit with the system and we chose Therrien over Jagr.

(And I just threw up)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
What a game that 6-5 victory was.I still remember where I was and with whom.It was nuts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad