Jaromir Jagr - #68 in your program but #1 in your hearts.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
The way he talks indicates he's enjoying his time in Florida. He's certainly enjoying the ice time for sure. If he's planning to retire I could see Pittsburgh an option since that's where he started and he'd maybe get to play with the best. But you never know, he may want to keep playing with Huby and Barkov while making them better players and eventually retire in Florida. Lets hope that's the case. Also pretty sure Tallon will give him what he asks salary-wise.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Jagr benefits most a team like Florida. More than team that has even brighter (because they are in prime) stars in crosby or malkin. Also Florida needs something to add people to the crowds..

That means I see Florida making a good offer for Jagr. They just need elite (Finnish :P) goaltender and Canadian goal scorer and they become a threat of a team!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Jagr will not get a significant top-6 role on a perennial contender, be it Anaheim, Chicago, NYR, Penguins, etc. Florida is the one place where he can make a difference on the ice in a visible way. The team needs him and I think vice versa.

Not saying he will sign but anything else would be really strange.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's great to see Jagr doing well. He was much loved in New Jersey during his brief time here.

It was clear in NJ that he might not have the skating and ability he used to have, but he's still strong enough and smart enough to be an effective player.

The selfish parts of me wants the better draft pick from you guys missing the playoff, but I really like to see Jagr get one last chance -- even if Florida isn't exactly a Stanley Cup contender at this point.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Jagr has said:
"Its 11.45 PM, I am in the gym working out. I can't stop thinking : I'm alone, no family, I train like a horse, nobody's waiting for me at home... It's not encouraging. So, an other question comes to my mind : why do I keep on going?'' "I know the answer to this question; I don't even hesitate. "Because I love what I do"

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
From Jagrs time with the Flyers:

His Philly teammates have already begun to trickle into Voorhees at night for classes—or is it recess?—at what grizzled left wing Jody Shelley admiringly calls the Jagr Hockey School. "He loves hockey more than any guy in the room," says Shelley, a 10-year NHL veteran and one of Jagr's first enrollees. "Some guys want to go out, some read books, some watch movies. He just wants to be on the ice. He's really different than I thought he'd be, just a great guy to be around for every single one of us."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00