Jaromir Jagr - #68 in your program but #1 in your hearts.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What can you say about this guy that hasn't already been?

He's now only 11pts away (currently 5th all-time) from 1,800 career points and becoming a member in a club of only 3 players to ever hit that milestone. Gretzky, Messier and Howe being the current trio. I know I'd like to see a milestone like that even if he's a Panther for only 20 games.

He's also just one playoff point away from 200 for the career. His impact on Huberdeau and Barkov has been very noticeable and has seemed to spark the guys and brought them up a level.

Depending on the next 15 games and the playoff push, a couple questions come to mind.

Does he re-sign with us if we get into the playoffs?
Does he re-sign with us if we don't get in?
Does he finally retire?

I was hesitant about the Jagr move at first just simply thinking he didn't have enough to put us over the edge but the way #11 and #16 have responded, it's really amazing to see. The old dog teaching the pups how to play the game brings a smile to my face.

Just figured this living legend needed a thread to display your love for him. Discuss.

Last edited:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
He seems like he likes it in Florida, and based on his comments in the past I'd say what's most important to him at this stage of his career is ice time. As long as he's on the top line I see no reason why he wouldn't resign here. And I can't imagine he retires.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i think he'll resign for 1yr. he's won enough stanley cups, i think he wants playing time more than anything. he should enjoy being in florida for the obvious reasons, not a bad place to retire either. we have cap space so we can pay him well for 1yr. we'll give him top-6 minutes and pp time. i think he also likes playing with really young kids in barkov and huberdeau, he sees the skill, enjoys playing with them and enjoys being a mentor for them. i think he likes his role here and i think we'll lock him up for another year, may retire after that though.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Pretty sure he has 5 points in his last 5 games. I had no idea how much of a positive impact he'd have. The Huberdeau - Barkov - Jagr line is legit. Every time they're on the ice I get a little bit more excited. Barkov is very responsible in the defensive zone, but can help create chances on the other end. I hope that Jagr re-signs with us even if we barely miss the playoffs. I don't know if I'd give him two more years, but I wouldn't complain.

takanoyama

Apr 4, 2013
Everybody should know at beginning, Jagr is going to sign one year contracts till the end of his career. Nothing else

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
The one thing I think is for sure. He's not going to retire after this season with the way he can still play.

Will he re-sign in Florida? That's a good question. It might be determined by if next season is his last. You'd think he'd want to win another Cup before he hangs up the skates.

Panthers607

He posted on his Facebook that he loves Florida and really enjoys his time here so watch him sign with Tampa Bay next year.

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
How many times has he been the first forward back? Or the only player back, even.

Can't imagine a better influence for our young forwards.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
He needs to be resigned. Period. The effect he's having on Huberdeau and Barkov is nothing short of amazing.

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
He seems like he likes it in Florida, and based on his comments in the past I'd say what's most important to him at this stage of his career is ice time. As long as he's on the top line I see no reason why he wouldn't resign here. And I can't imagine he retires.

I agree.

Jagr seems to still want to fulfill a big role on his team.
That means getting paid and top 6 minutes. The fact that Florida traded for him only helps the impression that he is wanted and needed there.

Panthers seem to be a perfect fit:

- apparently have plenty of cap room, so $ shouldn't be an issue
- can offer him top line minutes, without depriving more deserving player(s)
- mentor role for young, talented forwards... the fact that two of those are on his line is a huge bonus for all involved
- team can legitimately contend for playoff spot, not a bottom dweller (although I think Jagr's ego makes him believe any team he is a playoff contender)

If he is happy and playing well, I don't see any reason for him to retire.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He wants top 6 ice time. We can give that. He seems to love to play with the kids. Hopefully he signs a 1 year deal

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's very possible Jagr could contemplate whether or not this team will likely be a playoff contender next season. I don't think he wants to waste years and years of self preservation on a bubble-team. After his first season with the Devils, he was disappointed the way they ended their season and was purposely dogging up until he was traded here. Devils fans said it was in response to his decreased ice time. Without a doubt, Tallon has to do some wheeling and dealing to add more weapons to this team's offense.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Some exclusive quotes last night from Jagr on his growing chemistry w/ Barkov and Huberdeau.

The way he speaks, it doesn't sound like he wants to bolt from FLA anytime soon. But hey, money talks.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...reaching-new-heights-with-jaromir-jagr-031315

If I'm Tallon/Viola and Cifu I'm opening the checkbook and giving him whatever he wants for a one year deal. The team has the cap space and the kids clearly love/are benefitting from playing with him.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
If I'm Tallon/Viola and Cifu I'm opening the checkbook and giving him whatever he wants for a one year deal. The team has the cap space and the kids clearly love/are benefitting from playing with him.

The good publicity doesn't hurt either. Lots of Czech reporters around these days. It's a whole new market.

Jan 19, 2006

Would be a great addition to the organization even after he hangs up the skates.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The good publicity doesn't hurt either. Lots of Czech reporters around these days. It's a whole new market.

The chance to see a player reach 1,800 points in his career would be a good thing for this franchise. I would be open to giving him a one year @ $3.5million with $1 million in performance bonuses. (say 15 goals and/or 40pts).

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
One thing I believe Jagr will do down the stretch is win this team one maybe 2 games, where he will carry the team to a win

Panthers have won with him and his help, but I believe we will see him steal a game for the team, hopefully it's against Boston or one of the top 8 teams they face down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad