Jarome Iginla's Hunt For Lord Stanley

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sounds like Martin and Letang are both out. The penguins will be hurting on D

Letang should be back within a week but Martin was put on the IR today as he has to have surgery to repair a broken bone in his wrist/hand and will be out for 6 weeks.

Expect Iginla to play in a lot of different spots over the next few games before he settles in somewhere. Bylsma loves changing his lines up and has previously said he doesn't 'believe' in chemistry (though his refusal to break certain players up flies in the face of his words).

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
2ci8ykl.png

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Overall good game by Iggy, made an awesome cross crease pass to Neal in the second but he fanned on it. Keep in mind that he probably is jet lagged and is not familiar with the system. He'll be just fine, I hope Sid is okay after that slapshot to the face.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
It took Hossa about three or four games before he and Crosby developed chemistry. If Iginla and Neal can stop stepping on each others toes, that line will be better than the Crosby line.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Overall good game by Iggy, made an awesome cross crease pass to Neal in the second but he fanned on it. Keep in mind that he probably is jet lagged and is not familiar with the system. He'll be just fine, I hope Sid is okay after that slapshot to the face.

Good game for really no practice with the Pens before hand.

Craiggy

Mar 29, 2013
UK
It was definitely weird seeing him in that jersey. What did everyone think of his first Pens game? It's sad for us Flames fans to see just how different we are to the Pens skill wise. I hate to say it but our top lines would struggle to get into 3-4th lines in that team. I hope he gets the cup with them.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Iginla got better as the game went on. He was on the LW to start and he kept going over to Neal's side. After over a decade, it's probably a reflex for him at this point.

Once he shook it off, Malkin, Iggy, and Neal were dominant along the boards. Iginla also had a couple of nice passes, but Neal whiffed in front of the net. I expect Malkin will start scoring a little more goals now that he has a winger who can make plays a bit better. Not ragging on Neal, but Iginla sees the ice so well.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Iginla will be very popular in the burg. He commented how fast Malkin and Neal skate up the ice and he was not used to that. But he looks far more comfortable on the right wing and Neal played LW in Dallas. Malkin likes a rh off wing shot so look for Iginla to play off that as well. That is a big time line when they get used to each other.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Guys, I was at the game today, and I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but Jarome got a lot of love from the crowd today. The place went nuts when he came out in warm-ups, and it never really stopped.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Guys, I was at the game today, and I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but Jarome got a lot of love from the crowd today. The place went nuts when he came out in warm-ups, and it never really stopped.

Good to know other people appreciate Iggy as much as we do :)

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It is so weird to see Iginla in a Pens uniform and that's coming from a Pens fan. I can't imagine how weird it must be for Flames fans.

It's sad to see an end to an era in Calgary. It seems like yesterday I was watching him in the finals against Tampa. I watched the tribute video they played of him on the big screen at the arena in Calgary last night. It was very touching and sad. Hopefully the injury to Sid isn't that serious and Iggy gets his Cup at the end of this journey he's on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad