Jarome Iginla

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada
Ha - Dennis Bernstein stated on XM on Hockey Primetime that Read for Bernier was on the table but L.A didnt take it but it will be done this summer. Would take Read over Iggy at this point.

If that's true and DL doesn't take it he should be fired. Read is going to be a force. I don't think Philly can afford Bernier without getting rid of a few more guys though, they're way over the cap right now.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Right, so if we can afford him, you'd rather have a guy who had 14 points in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs over a guy who had 33 and 12? Come on.

I'd rather have neither, but if push came to shove I rather have Penner. Where are you going to play him? Third line? You are probably going to have to pay him over four million per on a multi-year deal that will result in our most talented prospect being forced into the wrong position, or the 4th line. This team needs to focus on filling holes it actually has.

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada
I'd rather have neither, but if push came to shove I rather have Penner. Where are you going to play him? Third line? You are probably going to have to pay him over four million per on a multi-year deal that will result in our most talented prospect being forced into the wrong position, or the 4th line. This team needs to focus on filling holes it actually has.

Well I'd rather spend $3 million on any other LW than Penner. And if Iggy accepted $3 to come here, I'm sure Darryl would find a spot for a guy who can finally score goals. Carter can't do it all himself as we just found out

KingKopitar11*

Read is 5'10? I don't know about you guys but Richards gets taken off the puck easily so I don't really like the idea of another small forward. 6 feet Atleast.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Iginla is on the downward slope of the hill. No need to bring him in at this point.

stonedhenge

Jun 29, 2010
I don't think Matt Read is a top 6 winger on a championship team. And he is UFA next summer. Bernier is worth more than one year of Read. I would rather trade for a guy like Niederreiter or Pajaarvi, young guys with upside, who could be longterm solutions.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I don't think Matt Read is a top 6 winger on a championship team. And he is UFA next summer. Bernier is worth more than one year of Read. I would rather trade for a guy like Niederreiter or Pajaarvi, young guys with upside, who could be longterm solutions.

Yes to Niederreiter, hello no to Pajaarvi.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Reed is a RW and didn't Philly just recently trade for Mason? Would they really give up on Mason before giving him a chance?

Read plays all positions.

Flames fan who comes in peace: I think Iggy would fit well in LA. Sutter got the best out of him here and he could contribute to your guy's winning culture. Yeah he wasn't great against the Bruins but honestly the whole Penguins team blew chunks. I think he'd play well in LA if you guys could get him at the right price. He just needs some more time to adjust to having his role reduced.

I agree that he would be a good fit, but I just don't think the Kings could afford him, unfortunately :/

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Williams
Carter
Toffoli
Lewis
Nolan

We're set on RWers. I honestly don't get why you guys even debate some of this ****. Iginla isn't coming anywhere near this team with the emergence of Toffoli and with how well Carter has fit.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
No and No

The guy is a shell of his former self, and is a negative player at 5 on 5 hockey now, that will only get worse with age. Combine that with how much some teams will offer him and NONONO

Surprised you were the first person to bring his production up. Hard not to like a player like Iginla USED TO BE but he is clearly on a sharp decline. Doesn't appear to have any burst in his stride and if you struggle playing on the Penguins then you're probably gonna struggle anywhere else you play. On the flip side the condensed schedule could have messed with him, he could have been playing with a nagging injury but I don't think him or his agent are going to take a steep discount to play hockey. Somebody will pony up a juicy contract and it probably won't be LA.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
Come on - we already signed the scrap heap that is Regehr now we want to sign Iginla?
Don't let D. Sutter play GM because we all know how bad he was playing GM for Calgary.

Captain Mittens*

. Somebody will pony up a juicy contract and it probably won't be LA.

It's really going to be up to Jarome. Does he want $$ or does he want to win. He isn't going to be able to have his cake and eat it too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad