Jarome Iginla

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
if he bites, then our RW just became available via trade for a LW package deal.

... and just what RW are you talking about ?

Justin Williams ? = I'd rather keep J-Dub !
Jeff Carter ? = I'd rather keep Carts !
Trevor Lewis ? = Yeah nice, but the COST Difference would be Prohibitive !
Tyler Toffoli ? = NO WAY ! I'd rather get YEARS out of Toffoli than MONTHS out of Iginla !

Jarome Iginla just simply doesn't FIT or else he might already have been a King instead of a Penguin that just got swept in the Conference Finals ;)

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
... and just what RW are you talking about ?

Justin Williams ? = I'd rather keep J-Dub !
Jeff Carter ? = I'd rather keep Carts !
Trevor Lewis ? = Yeah nice, but the COST Difference would be Prohibitive !
Tyler Toffoli ? = NO WAY ! I'd rather get YEARS out of Toffoli than MONTHS out of Iginla !

Jarome Iginla just simply doesn't FIT or else he might already have been a King instead of a Penguin that just got swept in the Conference Finals ;)

I agree for the most part as our need is a LW. However, there is a slight chance that Carter may remain as our 2C and Richards a 3C. And if so, then there is a room for an Iginla for around 3M.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Right ... I love how after one or two games Jeff Carter is now or #1 Center, and people are trading Stoll and moving Kopitar to 3rd line wing, and getting some young budding superstar AND a 1st round draft pick for Bernier + ... BUT, I like to live in a world called reality ... and in that world I rember Carter being used as our first line center at the begining of the year while Kopitar was hurt, and Jeff not being that good at it. And also how his 26 or 28 goals whatever it was this season coming from him being utilized on the right wing, but hey lets just toss all that, and $3-5 million at a guy entering the twighlight of his career.

I just don't see it.

I think this team needs a couple tweaks to improve, but I also think they will be minor and subtle and most likely from within from our prospect pool.

Don't anyone get their hopes up for a big splash into the UFA market come July ... we won't have much $ to work with and we've got too much homegrown talent looking to make a push for roster spots coming up.

Iginla couldn't put a stacked Penguins offense over the top ... And he's Not the answer we're looking for either.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Right ... I love how after one or two games Jeff Carter is now or #1 Center, and people are trading Stoll and moving Kopitar to 3rd line wing, and getting some young budding superstar AND a 1st round draft pick for Bernier + ... BUT, I like to live in a world called reality ... and in that world I rember Carter being used as our first line center at the begining of the year while Kopitar was hurt, and Jeff not being that good at it. And also how his 26 or 28 goals whatever it was this season coming from him being utilized on the right wing, but hey lets just toss all that, and $3-5 million at a guy entering the twighlight of his career.

I just don't see it.

I think this team needs a couple tweaks to improve, but I also think they will be minor and subtle and most likely from within from our prospect pool.

Don't anyone get their hopes up for a big splash into the UFA market come July ... we won't have much $ to work with and we've got too much homegrown talent looking to make a push for roster spots coming up.

Iginla couldn't put a stacked Penguins offense over the top ... And he's Not the answer we're looking for either.
I don't want Iggy but Carter IS a centre. He has been all his life but out of necessity has been put on RW in LA and in his last year in Philly.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
No. No and No. Too many other more viable options that are younger and cheaper. He's shown nothing in the playoffs that would indicate he's worth it.

His shipped passed. He'll go back to Calgary sign a 1 year deal and do this against next year

ziggyfan

Oct 7, 2011
You beat me to it.

He still has game but he is going to be expensive and is a RW. He is beloved by Suter and DL so never say never but I think no and no are the right answers.

I am with you on this. We need left wing not RW and he is expensive. No.

Captain Mittens*

I just don't see it.

This guy Pucking gets it!!

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Well, Iginla said all along that he would re-sign with the team he was traded to, so, it'd be interesting to see if he keeps his word. My guess is he'd be tempted to sign here with the kings, but we'll see...

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Iggy is worth 2-3 million based off of what he brings into the dressing room alone, although that obviously is not a problem with us, with or without Dustin Brown's lack of front end "leadership" in the dressing room. We have enough leaders on our team, so I guess we can allow our captain to be a guy not many people find all that appealing off the ice. Point is, Iginla would be a great get if the price was right. We would be idiots to not test the waters and see how much less he is willing to take to come play for a winner.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Iggy is worth 2-3 million based off of what he brings into the dressing room alone

This is overrated, we heard the same things about Rob Blake and Ryan Smyth.

I understand the concept of glue guys, but they need to be able to contribute, plus the Kings seem ok in the glue guys category with guys like Greene and Williams.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I dont want anything to do with Iggy. Everything above is accurate. Old, slow, expensive, wrong wing. I believe he was very exposed in these playoffs.

And I love the guy for what he has accomplished in the past. Would rather have Jagr.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Ha - Dennis Bernstein stated on XM on Hockey Primetime that Read for Bernier was on the table but L.A didnt take it but it will be done this summer. Would take Read over Iggy at this point.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This is overrated, we heard the same things about Rob Blake and Ryan Smyth.

I understand the concept of glue guys, but they need to be able to contribute, plus the Kings seem ok in the glue guys category with guys like Greene and Williams.

Exactly, and whatever Iginla brings to a dressing room didn't seem to work in Pittsburgh. Kings don't need an aging, over the hill winger who is on the verge of retirement. He's also not playing a position the Kings need, so it makes no sense for the Kings to pursue him.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
Ha - Dennis Bernstein stated on XM on Hockey Primetime that Read for Bernier was on the table but L.A didnt take it but it will be done this summer. Would take Read over Iggy at this point.

Our show TFP LIVE starts at 4est. Assuming that's what you were listening too.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006

Reed is a RW and didn't Philly just recently trade for Mason? Would they really give up on Mason before giving him a chance?

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Flames fan who comes in peace: I think Iggy would fit well in LA. Sutter got the best out of him here and he could contribute to your guy's winning culture. Yeah he wasn't great against the Bruins but honestly the whole Penguins team blew chunks. I think he'd play well in LA if you guys could get him at the right price. He just needs some more time to adjust to having his role reduced.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
philly fans and some kings fans say he plays both lw an rw :) read would be a good start to return for jb but alot of philly fans would also entertain him for muzzin should be be looking to trade him instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad