Proposal: Jarome Iginla or Ryan Smyth

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
Well Iginla is still a good NHL player, whereas Smyth is a bum, but he would be much easier to acquire. I just wouldn't want the Bruins to get into a bidding war over Iginla if he's available.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
Can't there just be a stickied thread created so that every time it's proposed that Iginla, Smyth, Perry, Yandle, and all the other guys that come up again and again and again and again and again can just all be jammed in there?

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Hard to say. Iginla is RH and I beleive Bruins have ENOUGH RH players.

Ryan Smth is LH.

+ Ryan Smyth played successfully with Seguin and Bergeron at Spengler's cup.

Iginla though is a Bruins prototype of player.

Hard to say, I've have a look at their games.. up to now, I not sold on either one though

jokerboysmith

May 5, 2003
Planet Nebula
Visit site
Living in the Edmonton area the team I watch the most (Next to the Bruins) is the Oilers.
I don't want any part of Smyth, he is a shadow of the player he used to be. It may be because he is part of a garbage team, but from watching, he is one of several problems with the Oilers.

Iginla on the other hand....

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
We don't need either of 'em but if anyone the B's would go after Iginla. Right now Ryan Smyth would be struggling to make the fourth line.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
If we get a top 4 what happens to Hamilton? Who is scratched or traded?

Traded? Any one of Boychuck, Ference or McQuaid. BUt this isn';t really ther place for that discussion.

I think Smyth is cooked, and Iginla would play in the top 6, allowing someone to move to the 3rd line from the top 6, unless they were actually sent away via trade.

fireworks

Apr 17, 2009
Bobcaygeon
Traded? Any one of Boychuck, Ference or McQuaid. BUt this isn';t really ther place for that discussion.

I think Smyth is cooked, and Iginla would play in the top 6, allowing someone to move to the 3rd line from the top 6, unless they were actually sent away via trade.

I would love a top 4 defenseman. I just don't want to trade away Ference,McQuaid,Hamilton or obviously Chara. Seidenberg is solid and Boychuk I do like but I would be ok with trading either of them to get a Top 4.

Big fan of Iginla and he should be in a Bruins jersey...depending on the total cost!

Cheers

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I would love a top 4 defenseman. I just don't want to trade away Ference,McQuaid,Hamilton or obviously Chara. Seidenberg is solid and Boychuk I do like but I would be ok with trading either of them to get a Top 4.

Big fan of Iginla and he should be in a Bruins jersey...depending on the total cost!

Cheers

I think you may be missing who our 2nd/3rd most valuable dman is. He's German...

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham

Cheers

Trading Seidenberg?? No. He's a top pairing DMan who was by far our best blueliner in the cup run. He's a gamer.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Put me down for a neither in this poll (Q. and A, Multiple Choice, True or False).

Prefer to hold onto our assets and go with Soderberg/Spooner/Caron as internal options before engaging the trade market.

westernhome

Sep 21, 2011

I think Iginla would play on the 3rd line here actually, but with Soderberg coming then who goes down to the 4th line and who sits out

the only way Iginla comes here is for picks and one of our fringe players anyways, otherwise the bruins won't ever make the deal and it all becomes a moot point

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Who would you rather acquire at the deadline if either are available for a veteran presence?

No disrespect intended but I am going to assume you haven`t watched RS this year have you? He`s cooked, great career, always loved his game but no way I go near him, this team has plenty of veterans to lead, and better yet, one`s who can still play

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: