Jarnkrok ... Hey Roman Yoshi, U UP?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I'd take Blake Coleman as well. Everyone else I'd put Jarnkrok even or ahead, but it also depends on what role you're asking them to play.

We are talking about depth forwards so all of them bring a little something different but are all pretty even in skill so they are interchangeable in a lot of ways.

Jarnkrok is a fine player and has really stepped up this season. Before that, not so much in my opinion but that's a take not a fact.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Calle .... "Hey Roman Yoshi, I've tied last season's point total and it's only Christmas Eve."

Roman Yoshi .... "Hey Calle, please stop 'cause I'm gonna end up with a really stupid avatar if you keep this up!"

Calle .... "You can get warmed up by changing your custom title to Calle: My Newest Hope. I've got more points than Joey. That's my Christmas gift to you. Not the present you anticipated, but is the one you get. "

Roman Yoshi .... "Can I just have coal in my stocking?"

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Calle man. Who saw that coming.

Based on historical performance, it would be a faith based belief not a data driven one lol.
This give credence to the nature vs nurture discussion when it comes to hockey coaches treatment of players. When expected to be the "smartest player on the team always in the right position defensively" the player is focused on that and doesn't get or capitalize on chances. But, when told to throw all that out the window and score some goals those smarts are used to be in the right spot for scoring chances.

Even taking advantage of scoring chances has improved. Instead of being worried about what happens after he shoots the puck, which results in a logosnipe, he's focused on the shot and missing the goalie. Sometimes missing the goalie also results in missing the net and depending on location the shot is taken from and how the shot rebounds of the boards/glass it can result in what amounts to a breakout pass for the other team. This is bad for the "smart defensive player" but acceptable for the "score goals top 6 player".

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
She thinks he is cute.
He is but that isn't the reason. If you'll remember, I had a love hate relationship with David Legwand. I liked him as a person, felt he had skills to offer the organization BUT I never felt he measured up to what he was supposed to be. So when Leggy was traded I was OK with that. And they traded for a kid with 1) the first name Calle which is pretty close to Cale 2) and last name translated to Iron Hook. I hadn't been that excited about a name since Magnus Hellberg, whose jersey I still wish I'd gotten.
So I wanted him to stick around long enough to get a jersey. My son ordered me a Jarnkrok jersey for Mother's Day the year he was traded to us. I probably do have the first Jarnkrok Preds jersey other than his own and maybe his parents. And once I got the jersey of course I wanted him to do well so it would stay relevant and remain a current name on the roster.

Fortunately it was in hiding when so many of my jerseys were stolen so I do still have that one.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Oh, I forgot the whole back story. How did you get jersey's stolen?
Someone came into my house Nov. of 2017 and rummaged through 2 closets, two bureaus, and a wardrobe. They stole most of my Preds jerseys, hats, pins, and playoff t-shirts. They were incredibly neat about replacing things they didn't take. Nothing looked rummaged through, stuff was just gone. It was really odd. They took adult sized Preds jerseys (which, save one were all replicas and only 2 had names) and the Pittsburgh jersey Logan got when he was the runner in the 2003 draft (he said good riddance!) No kids jerseys taken. They missed a blank gold jersey (4-5 years ago style), the Jarnkrok, and an old white one from around 2002 that Cale had signed (none were with the others). They left cash, computers, jewelry (except Preds related) and some other things most thieves would take. I had one at the office and my son in law had one he'd borrowed so I still have a few, but nothing like my previous wardrobe.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Just Preds gear and that one Pittsburgh jersey. They went through jewelry to get to the Loyal Legion pins that are worth what, a couple of dollars max? I have not seen a kid/adult in the neighborhood wearing it, haven't seen them in Goodwill, haven't seen them for sale on Preds sites, on people at the arena nor mistakenly worn by people I know. I know what my stuff looked like (mostly via mustard stains--ha!) It's a mystery that will never be solved, I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad