Recalled/Assigned: Jared McCann assigned to AHL Springfield

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Well, that's a good point. But the problem is that the only tough forward we have is MacKenzie. Him and maybe Trocheck who's a small guy but plays big.
But if you think that Rau, McKegg or Sceviour are any tougher than McCann, you're completely wrong. They aren't. In fact, they're pretty weak, too. If Gallant actually wanted to have a stronger team, he could have played Thornton more often.
I'm not saying that they're Lucic compared to McCann, but what I meant was that they're the type of forwards that will bring physicality on every shift. McCann isn't a soft player per say, he will throw his body around if needed (kind of like Barkov/Jokinen), but that's the thing, he doesn't necessarily do it on every shift like Sceviour/Rau/McKegg will. And Thornton isn't a very good physical player at all, he's so slow these days that he can't hit much because he'd get an interference penalty for it.

Gallant from what he's said over the years, values balance in the line-up and I think (/hope) he's realised that the top6 combined with the new d-core (that is probably one of the least physical d-cores in the whole league) isn't going to cut it.

At the end of the day, if Bjugstad wasn't injured from the beginning until now, McCann would've started in the AHL (where he belongs right now development wise) and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I think you are wrong on a LOT here. You've watched too much of the Canucks over past years that it has mushed your brain:laugh:

Sceviour is a solid 3rd line option and great 4th liner.

Pens had a 3rd line with PHIL KESSEL on it or if you want to call Malkin 3rd line so be it:laugh: Not good example at all.

Well. It would be more interesting to look at Pittsburghs Forwards besides Crosby, Malkin and Kessel. I wasn't talking about them, obviously.

Sceviour has nothing to do with Vancouver. He had lots of chances both here and in Dallas. He didn't prove to be more than a 4th liner. He looked okay with McCann and Malgin but that's about it. He can't even control a stretch pass and McKegg/Rau aren't better. In my view, this team has too many forwards on the roster who are just "solid" or "ok" but actually don't do anything.
I'd rather play Harper or Thornton as they at least add some physicality to the lineup

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
He didn't prove to be more than a 4th liner. He looked okay with McCann and Malgin but that's about it. He can't even control a stretch pass and McKegg/Rau aren't better. In my view, this team has too many forwards on the roster who are just "solid" or "ok" but actually don't do anything.

well mccann certainly falls under the category of players who's "ok" imo. i think it's great hes getting more ice-time with the thunderbirds tho, i think that'll be very good for his development. no need to rush him.

Bure1022*

This is a great move. He earned getting sent down.

It's a shame Gudbrabson was wasted in a trade for this. It's crazy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's a shame we picked him at all.

Absolutely. He was physical, but that was about his only upside. Especially with the puck his play is really really poor for a 3rd overall.
Florida's defense isn't great at all but I'm not convinced Gudbranson would be an upgrade over anybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad