Value of: Jared McCann after playoffs and hits 20 goals

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Let's say Jared McCann who is on Pace at 19 is in a slump but let's say he picks it up and gets 20 goals.

This guy is a centre that Pittsburgh isn't putting centre and as a winger. Possibly it's his faceoffs and we kind of have 3 centres right now but had 2 and they put him in the top 6.

I firmly believe he is a centre and can be a 20+ goal scorer. See when Crosby was out and he had minutes he showed he can be a guy.

What do people think is his value. He has 2 RFA years and is definitely an NHL top 9 for sure top 6 on weaker teams. I want him to be a centre not a winger so make sure you got room for the guy.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Let's say Jared McCann who is on Pace at 19 is in a slump but let's say he picks it up and gets 20 goals.

This guy is a centre that Pittsburgh isn't putting centre and as a winger. Possibly it's his faceoffs and we kind of have 3 centres right now but had 2 and they put him in the top 6.

I firmly believe he is a centre and can be a 20+ goal scorer. See when Crosby was out and he had minutes he showed he can be a guy.

What do people think is his value. He has 2 RFA years and is definitely an NHL top 9 for sure top 6 on weaker teams. I want him to be a centre not a winger so make sure you got room for the guy.

Jared is that you?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Pittsburgh was to move him what the ask be? Interest is Samorukov as a base with adds from Edmonton to even out value?

For the record you guys should be keeping him.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If Pittsburgh was to move him what the ask be? Interest is Samorukov as a base with adds from Edmonton to even out value?

I'm guessing either a centre or defense prospect, picks to balance it out. If we're just trading him for picks then I'm guessing a late 1st or a couple of 2nds.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm guessing either a centre or defense prospect, picks to balance it out. If we're just trading him for picks then I'm guessing a late 1st or a couple of 2nds.

I don't think Holland moves a 1st although I think that's a fair ask. If we had a 2nd I'd think that with Samorukov would be pretty good too.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Jarred is a very good player, pens add 3 foward...jared get less TOI

Sign that guy, dont trade Him Marleau and Sheary wont be there for long

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I don't think Holland moves a 1st although I think that's a fair ask. If we had a 2nd I'd think that with Samorukov would be pretty good too.

Don't know much about Samorukov but him plus a 2nd seems pretty decent value. Not sure if McCann will figure things out but even if he doesn't he provides good offence from a 3rd line centre plus solid yet unspectacular defence.

Last edited:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Jared is that you?
I wish I had that talent

I think so too TBH big fan of him Cannucks are my second favourite team and was super stoked when Pens gottem. I just was kinda curious because they keep playing him on wing and I wanna see this guy score some sweet goals.

No Idea about Samorukov and how good he is. Looks like he is an asset that would have to be added onto. Id need to do some sort of research on him. Add would be a 1st? Then does Pittsburgh want futures and then we come full circle why not just keep McCann.

Synesthesia

Apr 15, 2012
not sure why Pittsburgh would trade him... he's a perfect 3C at the moment, responsible defensively, quick and a pretty good shot he should use more often. Plus, let's say he ends up breaking out for real in 2-3 years when Crosby/Malkin should start producing less, then Pittsburgh would have a nice replacement as a legit 2C

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wish I had that talent

I think so too TBH big fan of him Cannucks are my second favourite team and was super stoked when Pens gottem. I just was kinda curious because they keep playing him on wing and I wanna see this guy score some sweet goals.

No Idea about Samorukov and how good he is. Looks like he is an asset that would have to be added onto. Id need to do some sort of research on him. Add would be a 1st? Then does Pittsburgh want futures and then we come full circle why not just keep McCann.

Samorukov is a good solid two way D prospect. He’s buried behind Klefbom, Nurse, Jones and Broberg. He’s likely 2 years away from being an NHL player.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
He play has really dropped off after a hot start. Rotating linemates havent helped. He is realistically a 15 goal guy who is not bad in his own end and decent speed. Those qualities are not that rare in the NHL but he does have value.
4/5 D man in shutdown role or a quality backup goalie once Murray is gone....

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I wish I had that talent

McCann doesn't return a 1st plus.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
McCann doesn't return a 1st plus.
Excuse me Barclay Goodrow just returned a 1st...

To the right team McCann easily nets a late 1st.

Irrelevant though because we are that right team. We need to re-sign him. Unless of course a no brainer of a deal comes along but those rarely happen.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I doubt the Pens are moving him unless someone wants to pay a 2nd line centre valuation in terms of win now assets, either as a top 6 winger or an expansion draft exempt dman who's NHL ready with room to grow.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Even pens fans know McCann doesnt bring a first...not even close

....what?

The idea that McCann, who himself was a 1st rounder and has progressed well as a late 1st rounder, can't bring back a 1st is pretty ridiculous. F*cking Barkley Goodrow brought back a 1st at the deadline. Blake Coleman brought back 2 1sts at the deadline.

The Penguins aren't going to be trading him, but the take that he's not valuable is pretty absurd.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
....what?

The idea that McCann, who himself was a 1st rounder and has progressed well as a late 1st rounder, can't bring back a 1st is pretty ridiculous. F*cking Barkley Goodrow brought back a 1st at the deadline. Blake Coleman brought back 2 1sts at the deadline.

The Penguins aren't going to be trading him, but the take that he's not valuable is pretty absurd.
McCann doesn't bring a first pal...not even close....he has value but not what it was. Just being a first round pick prior deosnt guarantee you have the value of a 1rst years later...like come on.. zucker brought a 1rst but he has more offensive upside..

Apr 9, 2009
USA
McCann doesn't bring a first pal...not even close....he has value but not what it was. Just being a first round pick prior deosnt guarantee you have the value of a 1rst years later...like come on.. zucker brought a 1rst but he has more offensive upside..

Yeah, a 1st.... and Calen Addison.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
....what?

Goodrow and Coleman didn't bring back 1sts.

Goodrow and Coleman's contracts brought back 1sts.

Sign McCann to three years 2 mil and you'll get a 1st++

I'll offer Pearson for him :sarcasm:

Reactions: Spazkat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad