January Ticket Draw

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
I don't mind if theres no tickets left, whatever, but the fact that I'm still waiting after all this time is very maddening.

I guess it's called the wait list because they make you wait forever for nothing.

Last edited:

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jet Bomber, how many tickets were available when you got in?

I suppose the Lottery winners got some yesterday and now waiting list folks are getting some today... at this rate, there may be no seats left for the general sale tomorrow. (What an endorsement for signing up for the waiting list eh?)

Teemu VIII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 16, 2011
Winnipeg
Jet Bomber, how many tickets were available when you got in?

I suppose the Lottery winners got some yesterday and now waiting list folks are getting some today... at this rate, there may be no seats left for the general sale tomorrow. (What an endorsement for signing up for the waiting list eh?)

I only checked the Ottawa game and I grabbed the only two seats together that I could find. There were a handful of singles, but not really that many.

Keep in mind guys, the games that were available were the season opener, Crosby/Malkin and Tavares. Tickets weren't going to last long for these ones, especially being the first three that went on sale for the year.

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
Keep in mind guys, the games that were available were the season opener, Crosby/Malkin and Tavares. Tickets weren't going to last long for these ones, especially being the first three that went on sale for the year.

No, that's not the problem. If it's luck of the draw and someone got through and someone didn't, oh well. The problem is the fact that if tickets are already sold out, why are people still waiting in queue?

Also I'm wondering if people logged in and got access to the queue before 10AM.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
I hit 10:00 am MTS phone time to the second and still waiting. I'm glad I'm not the only one not impressed with the new set up. Do we complain here or to the Jets?

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
Jet Bomber, what browser did you use? I am using chrome and it seems that chrome is refreshing every time. Which is why I'm hoping this is not true but maybe all the chrome people are in an infinite loop of pain.

Capus

Jan 4, 2004
Winnipeg
Got timed out and had to relog in. Got in right away this time and it says nothing left. Horrible way to say Thank You Fans

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
Got timed out and had to relog in. Got in right away this time and it says nothing left. Horrible way to say Thank You Fans

Agreed. I sent an email to the jets. Hopefully enough people complain and they upgrade there Amazon Web Services plan or something. How can 3667 waiting list member not get onto the site. Granted there are the other people trying but really. 4000 computers is all that needed to load the ticket page.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
Alright this might be to much information for some people but this is my findings.

On the page that is loading still, when I view the source of the website (ctrl+u) it has a time stamp from the website (amazon) that is 1 minute and 19 seconds out by my MTS cell phone (android clock app with seconds showing)

Therefore I was late by that time. Hope this helps other people next time around.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Okay something is wrong with Ticketmaster and the Jets.
I'm not on the waiting list. I have half-season. I was trying to access my account
and I've been placed in line just trying get into my count which has nothing to do
with wait list tickets. The whole system seems to be having problems.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
Where does it say you can only buy 2 tickets? Is this a new rule? Last year I bought tickets to almost every home game via the waiting list.

Read the email you got

Congratulations!

As a member of the Winnipeg Jets Wait List, we'd like to offer you access to purchase tickets unclaimed in the random draw process to the following Winnipeg Jets Home Games:

SAT, 19 JAN 2013 2:00 PM VS. OTTAWA SENATORS
FRI, 25 JAN 2013 7:00 PM VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
SUN, 27 JAN 2013 7:00 PM VS. NEW YORK ISLANDERS

TTo take advantage of this opportunity please click the "BUY NOW" link below on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 10:00 AM CST. Tickets will go on-sale at 10:00am sharp, we suggest logging in prior to that time.

You must log in to your My Jets Account prior to choosing seats. Game Tickets will only be visible and available once you have logged in and authenticated yourself as a Wait List Member. Once logged in, simply click the 'SINGLE GAME TICKETS' link at the bottom of the page.

Your Account ID is: THIS IS STUPID
Your password is: WHY DO THIS IN A EMAIL

This exclusive purchase window is available from Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 10:00 AM CST until Friday, January 18th, 2013 at 9:00AM CST.

Tickets for each game are subject to availability and offered on a first come first served basis. Due to limited ticket inventory some games may only have single tickets available for purchase. Tickets must be purchased online using the Buy Now button or link below using a credit card. If you require accessible seating please contact our office by calling (204) 987-7825 prior to Thursday, January 17th at 5:00 PM CST. Ticket pricing can be viewed by clicking HERE.

The above password will allow for either one pair or two single tickets to be purchased. We encourage you to try two single ticket transactions, as there are many single seats available in this allotment. Any orders over this ticket limit will be cancelled without notice.

BUY NOW:

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected].

EDIT: The more I read it the more it looks like a copy and paste from the Lottery Draft. It also can be read purchase 2 tickets, try again purchase 2 tickets. New to the waiting list so who knows. Still waiting to see if any games are available btw.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Where does it say you can only buy 2 tickets? Is this a new rule? Last year I bought tickets to almost every home game via the waiting list.

Sorry I thought it worked the same as the monthly draw. Didn't know that wait list
could buy as many tickets to as many games as they want.
Seems to open it up for scalpers to buy them all and sell them through markets like
StubHub etc.

Teemu VIII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 16, 2011
Winnipeg

They appear to be releasing games in blocks of multiple games at once. You were only supposed to be able to buy a max of two tickets per set they released. The e-mail says if you buy over two tickets, your orders over the limit will be cancelled without notice.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Had the same issue tying to access. Tried two different browsers and the same results. Loading for ten minutes then timed out.

I know last season there were a few times tickets were not available but then checking several hours later there were some there. So I'll keep trying to see if I get in

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
They appear to be releasing games in blocks of multiple games at once. You were only supposed to be able to buy a max of two tickets per set they released. The e-mail says if you buy over two tickets, your orders over the limit will be cancelled without notice.

Yeah it's just worded poorly and it's 2 per game. It's a form email, and it's going to refer to a block of games.

Ondrej The Giant

May 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Got lucky and snagged 2 singles for the Pens game but they are not beside each other. Section 222 but only 1 row apart and 2 seats apart so they are close enough to reach and tap on the shoulder when we go for a beer. Lower bowl here I come ! :yo:

Tarks

True North
May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Read the email you got

Congratulations!

As a member of the Winnipeg Jets Wait List, we'd like to offer you access to purchase tickets unclaimed in the random draw process to the following Winnipeg Jets Home Games:

SAT, 19 JAN 2013 2:00 PM VS. OTTAWA SENATORS
FRI, 25 JAN 2013 7:00 PM VS. PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
SUN, 27 JAN 2013 7:00 PM VS. NEW YORK ISLANDERS

TTo take advantage of this opportunity please click the "BUY NOW" link below on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 10:00 AM CST. Tickets will go on-sale at 10:00am sharp, we suggest logging in prior to that time.

You must log in to your My Jets Account prior to choosing seats. Game Tickets will only be visible and available once you have logged in and authenticated yourself as a Wait List Member. Once logged in, simply click the 'SINGLE GAME TICKETS' link at the bottom of the page.

Your Account ID is: THIS IS STUPID
Your password is: WHY DO THIS IN A EMAIL

This exclusive purchase window is available from Thursday, January 17th, 2013 at 10:00 AM CST until Friday, January 18th, 2013 at 9:00AM CST.

Tickets for each game are subject to availability and offered on a first come first served basis. Due to limited ticket inventory some games may only have single tickets available for purchase. Tickets must be purchased online using the Buy Now button or link below using a credit card. If you require accessible seating please contact our office by calling (204) 987-7825 prior to Thursday, January 17th at 5:00 PM CST. Ticket pricing can be viewed by clicking HERE.

The above password will allow for either one pair or two single tickets to be purchased. We encourage you to try two single ticket transactions, as there are many single seats available in this allotment. Any orders over this ticket limit will be cancelled without notice.

BUY NOW:

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by emailing [email protected].

EDIT: The more I read it the more it looks like a copy and paste from the Lottery Draft. It also can be read purchase 2 tickets, try again purchase 2 tickets. New to the waiting list so who knows. Still waiting to see if any games are available btw.

Cool. Thanks.

Well, this sucks. So much for going to all (or most) of the games this year. Bummer.

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
Cool. Thanks.

Well, this sucks. So much for going to all (or most) of the games this year. Bummer.

You never know dude. This could just be a poorly worded email. It does say password in the sentence before which the only password I ever used was winning the lottery tickets.

Just showing what was making the new waiting list members including myself think you only could get 2

simcity

Apr 8, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Just a heads up - I just logged in again for the wait list and there are plenty of single seat tickets to the Ottawa and Islanders games, and some side by side in the upper deck for the Islanders game. Try logging in again now if you are still looking for tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad