Post-Game Talk: |January 8| Pens vs Stars | End of the winning streak

Sweatpant preference: we lost cause we weren’t united in the cause

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m very much looking forward to the day when we don’t have to play Simon.

It’s just annoying to know that you have a guy out there who couldn’t score a goal to save his own life. It’s the highest level of play in the world. If you are physically unable to score a goal, you really don’t belong.
He’s a possession savant though, or so I’ve been told. He's absolute trash but continues to play. I don’t care if you win 82 straight games, that idiot shouldn’t be in the lineup.

“He won’t ever play on the Pens. It’s a depth signing for Wilkes Barre. He will be a great mentor to big Z in the AHL.” Absolute brutal signing.

Last edited:
Reactions: canadianguy77

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If we had fourth line say Z-DOC-Lafferty or something like that we would have won, Sully played Boyle a ton and it was immediately 2 minutes of pressure, its hard to regain momentume after that no matter what line comes in...
I am really not concerned, I think it was really fatigue, caused also by lack of young fresh legs

Reactions: Coastal Kev

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Dallas has some solid pieces on that team I've been watching them for years, one of my favs out West. It sounds like they are going to be shaking things up here soon.

Not a bad team to lose against but does suck giving up a 2 goal lead. Didn't look like a great game to win on paper though with the early start and travel.

To a new streak

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m very much looking forward to the day when we don’t have to play Simon.

It’s just annoying to know that you have a guy out there who couldn’t score a goal to save his own life. It’s the highest level of play in the world. If you are physically unable to score a goal, you really don’t belong.

Sully’s not big on goals…Simon “gets the details” right and he “plays a 200 foot game”….that’s the main goal of professional hockey…actually putting the puck in the net is overrated…lol

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s a possession savant though, or so I’ve been told. He's absolute trash but continues to play. I don’t care if you win 82 straight games, that idiot shouldn’t be in the lineup.

“He won’t ever play on the Pens. It’s a depth signing for Wilkes Barre. He will be a great mentor to big Z in the AHL.” Absolute brutal signing.

You don't just have to be told, by all means confirm it. Look at his possession numbers.

Simon is what he is - a 14th forward who's only playing because he's reliable. I don't recall anyone saying he wouldn't ever play for the Pens.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Was at the game. Stars fans acted like they won the f***ing cup. Guess that’s what happens though when there are practically more Pens fans there than them. Tough loss, could tell the team was running on fumes after 3 games in 4 nights.

Pens fans did the same against the Blues

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
You don't just have to be told, by all means confirm it. Look at his possession numbers.

Simon is what he is - a 14th forward who's only playing because he's reliable. I don't recall anyone saying he wouldn't ever play for the Pens.
He's certainly been reliable on PP2...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
To be fair to Carter, why was he clocking over 21 minutes of ice time just back from Covid? Sully had other options, probably should had Riikola play forward on L4…

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
As with the pk streak ending, I'm a little relieved :dunno: And on the heels of how electric the b2b games were, plus being a matinee, AND the janky lineup, this one had schedule loss pretty well stamped on it.

Annnnnd they've been winning despite getting sloppy at times, so hopefully they just shake it off and tighten things up a bit with the hype cooling a little.

I *am* offended on Godrigues's behalf, though, and I'm placing this pointless game squarely where it belongs: on @Jesse's shoulders...

...which, come to think of it, is where the end of the pk streak belongs, too :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad