Post-Game Talk: |January 8| Pens vs Stars | End of the winning streak

Sweatpant preference: we lost cause we weren’t united in the cause

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Only got to see the third. Felt a little like playoff conditions. Fun to watch. Mildly gutted they didn't take any of the opportunities to bury the game while Dallas were chasing.

Ah well. Onwards.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't know who... but...
DR8L.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
SALE THE CROSBY

(Streak had to end eventually, I just wish given the 2-0 lead and 2-1 lead with not that much time left they could have at least gotten a loser point, but it happens, whatever.)

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Bringing the same post from the GDT.

Really the only guy I'm super critical of in this game is Carter, because he's been off for a while so he should be coming back rested. But the way he's skating out there makes him look like he's even more gassed than everyone else on the team.

I can't get too critical on the team when they're coming off a 10 game winning streak and are playing shorthanded in their 3rd game in 3.5 days. But I do think Carter deserves to be criticized for being heavily responsible for 2 goals against while coming in fully rested.

I really don't think that being Covid positive with symptons means that Carter is rested. He looks gassed because his body had to fight Covid, just like many other players when they came back from a covid infection with symptoms.

I thought overall we had a great 1st period and then we lost momentum and had trouble finding a way back into the game. Still had some good chances to put the game away but couldn't capitalize on them. Overall thats a loss you can live with, especially given the circumstances.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I thhought the first one was one of the better periods I had seen. when you have to play Boyle as much, you will lose momentum a lot, also last few games when things did not go well, they would score on PP.

and Heine got to score on open net at 2:1, that is just a killer...

Stars are not bad team they forechecked hard, but I did not think they were super dangerous, all of their goals were f***ing lucky bounces,

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I really don't think that being Covid positive with symptons means that Carter is rested. He looks gassed because his body had to fight Covid, just like many other players when they came back from a covid infection with symptoms.

I thought overall we had a great 1st period and then we lost momentum and had trouble finding a way back into the game. Still had some good chances to put the game away but couldn't capitalize on them. Overall thats a loss you can live with, especially given the circumstances.

This is valid, but Carter was also heavily responsible for 2 goals against in that game. If he was just gassed and looked tired, I wouldn't have a problem. But he looked gas and was a huge reason they lost.

Idk, maybe he wouldn't have played had McGinn and Rust not gotten sick, but he pretty clearly didn't look ready to go today.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Was busy doing other stuff so I didn't see the game frustrating to end the streak after being up 2-0. Don't play again til Tuesday though so a good chance to hit the reset button.

Reactions: Andy99

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Hopefully by the end of the California games we get everyone back. Sullivan probably runs this when healthy.

Guentzel - Sid - Rust

Erod - Malkin - Kap

Zucker - Carter - Heinen

McGinn - Blueger - ZAR

Having a good 4th line for once will be great, they got caved in today.

Reactions: Rakell67

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
This is valid, but Carter was also heavily responsible for 2 goals against in that game. If he was just gassed and looked tired, I wouldn't have a problem. But he looked gas and was a huge reason they lost.

Idk, maybe he wouldn't have played had McGinn and Rust not gotten sick, but he pretty clearly didn't look ready to go today.

I'm kind of guessing that was the case.

On another note, you've gotta love a "power play" that has a dude on it with 1 goal in 27 games.

Reactions: Trade

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The second Carter comes back the team immediately looks like shit. I half expected this. Carter looks half speed and his age. Even before covid he did not look good and should have been playing wing.

I'm not sure where Carter fits with this team, but he for sure should not be centering his own line.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Bringing the same post from the GDT.

Really the only guy I'm super critical of in this game is Carter, because he's been off for a while so he should be coming back rested. But the way he's skating out there makes him look like he's even more gassed than everyone else on the team.

I can't get too critical on the team when they're coming off a 10 game winning streak and are playing shorthanded in their 3rd game in 3.5 days. But I do think Carter deserves to be criticized for being heavily responsible for 2 goals against while coming in fully rested.

Being rested is great for getting rid of all the little knocks and muscle pulls, but you're also going to lose a little bit of your being hardened - your ability to keep going hard while in pain, your ability to shrug off hits. You're also going to lose a little timing and instinctiveness too, which means you're going to be chasing the puck. Him not being at full throttle immediately doesn't mean that much to me. Fully rested doesn't mean as much as being in proper game condition, and there was no way he'd be that.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The second Carter comes back the team immediately looks like shit. I half expected this. Carter looks half speed and his age. Even before covid he did not look good and should have been playing wing.

I'm not sure where Carter fits with this team, but he for sure should not be centering his own line.

Bit exaggerated. Close game, they didn't look like shit, more so tired from playing 3 games in 4 days.

If this is their "bad games" then that's really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad