Post-Game Talk: |January 6|Pens win vs Flyers| Thats #10 in a row boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
dumb-and.gif

I missed most of the first, and as I was coming home with dinner at the start of the second, I actually had the insane thought of "wow, this game isn't even going to be fun because we've already handed them their asses inside 20 minutes"

When a dumb thought like that pops into your head, you know your team must be good.

And man these guys are good right now. Rust white hot, ERod looking like Jagr out there. Its beautiful. Leave Carter and Geno on the shelf until they are 120% better, and are actually starting to get bored.

There's something satisfying about lighting up Carter Hart.

For pure reaction's sake, I loved Binnington crying last night. That was Mike Smith-esque But considering Hart is supposed to be a Flyers "franchise gem" (and as his career seems to be foundering like so many of their other "gems" of the past), its always good to see the Pens kick his ass.

I got the feeling they would've pulled him if it was anywhere near competitive, rather than hanging him out there for the boo birds all night.

Last edited:
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The December 2019 game went fairly well until we headed to our car, parked next to BC Place, like 3 or 4 20 something punks wearing Nucks sweaters started taunting me and my 13 year old son and I was pretty sure the issue was going to be forced. My boy is a LAX player and tough but not mean, and he weighed maybe 120lbs soaking wet at the time and I figured it was going to be a mess. We got to the car, they caught up with us, my son, who does have a mouth, go figure, spun to the guy in front and said "Alex Burrows, Ring of Honor... You're f***ing kidding, right?" Punks just stared at him, slack jawed, we took the moment to jump in the car and got the f*** south. It was a proud Poppa moment, I have to say. And I have no idea why it happened. Penguins even lost!? We were quiet. I don't get it. Happy to have Seattle as an NHL alternative now, though I otherwise love visits to BC.
I was at that game too mate. I had about 8-9 douches in the arena constantly bumping me into a corner and then kept saying what are you gonna do? I'm a strong fella but 8-9 drunk idiots? I'm not John Wick. Security stood and stared as well. Me and my wife (gf at the time) finally got outside and hailed a cab and got home safe. It's been that way win or lose each time. And each time we're just quiet and mind our own business and aren't confrontational but they're aggressive drunk or sober.

I think that was the game where the canucks scored a bunch in a row and the Pens lost? Can't remember.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
I'm a Vancouverite and have been going to Nux/Pens games in Vancouver for 30+ years (always wearing a Pens jersey) and have never had a problem once.

I would hazard that the majority of fanbases have about the same ratio of good guys to ass holes. Obviously there are notable exceptions like Philly.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
I'm constantly afraid that this is just a dream and I will soon wake up. Unbelievanle work by the boys. Especially ERod and Rust, nothing but pure love.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
oviVan.jpg
I was at that game too mate. I had about 8-9 douches in the arena constantly bumping me into a corner and then kept saying what are you gonna do? I'm a strong fella but 8-9 drunk idiots? I'm not John Wick. Security stood and stared as well. Me and my wife (gf at the time) finally got outside and hailed a cab and got home safe. It's been that way win or lose each time. And each time we're just quiet and mind our own business and aren't confrontational but they're aggressive drunk or sober.

I think that was the game where the canucks scored a bunch in a row and the Pens lost? Can't remember.
The game we shared was the 4-1 Pens loss after then Pens stomped the pricks earlier in Pittsburgh in November. I've been to at least 20 games in NY (Madison Sq, f*** the Isles), Philly, NJ, and even Boston. That crazy stuff never happened there. Yeah, sitting in the blue seats at MSG, if I acted like a dipshit, I'd likely have to deal with the consequences, but if you are respectful of the home fans, all is good. Found that in EDM, too, those fans were GREAT, the only fight I saw in my future was who was going to buy who beers. Rogers is where assholes go, in groups, to be assholes. The only good time I have ever had there was 2010 Olympics prelim, Slovakia vs Russia and Ovechkin f***ing destroyed Chara. To this day it was the loudest hit I've ever heard live. Entire arena was just like "OOOOOOOO"

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Lol you kept that quiet. I'm in PoCo. Honestly all us Greater Vancouver posters should be watching the Dallas game together.
Might be a full strength lineup and we're on a 10 game heater. Special times.

Oh god wait..it's an 11am start :laugh:
That's awesome. Had no idea. I've been so frigging lost in PoCo I needed a compass. By chance have you ever run into a "Twin Peaks" style pub on Kingsway?

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
That's awesome. Had no idea. I've been so frigging lost in PoCo I needed a compass. By chance have you ever run into a "Twin Peaks" style pub on Kingsway?
Cat & Fiddle, if you mean Kingsway in PoCo. It's been around for 30 years.

If you mean Kingsway in Burnaby, I know there was the Black Lodge which closed a few years ago.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Yep, Burnaby. Fun place. Like falling into a Lynch world.
Sounds dope. Can't say I've ever been. I just don't have much reason to spend time in Burnaby besides passing through. My jobs have tended to be pretty local when living in Canada, and when I want to see the city I just go straight to Vancouver. My friends live there as well.

Surrey is developing nicely though and I spent a fair amount of time there last summer.

They opened a second Black Lodge on East Broadway after the Burnaby location closed, but that's been shut down for a year now too. Been to that one a few times.

23908378248_c6b319b26d_b.jpg

Was a beauty

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I forgot about that. Similar to how Shero took the hit instead of Disco.

Still, the fact was that mostly Philly grew impatient with Hextall's patience.
Because they weren’t getting better after 4 + seasons.

Last edited:

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I'll be there on 3/3. Also this website is the worst with ads out of every site I use. It actually feels like I'm on a pirated site. Ridiculous

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I'm a Vancouverite and have been going to Nux/Pens games in Vancouver for 30+ years (always wearing a Pens jersey) and have never had a problem once.

I would hazard that the majority of fanbases have about the same ratio of good guys to ass holes. Obviously there are notable exceptions like Philly.

Same here in Montreal, but the Pens have always been somewhat of a liked team here since Lemieux got drafted in Pittsburgh

You always will get that moron though here and there, but overall enjoyable.

But we can't compare to a rival like Philly though

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
The flyers board is bizarro world right now. Flyers fans hate their own team so much that they’re giving the Pens credit for being competitive this late into Sid/Genos careers. Feels weird. All their animosity is just towards their own team.
Haha I know. I got stuck reading over there for like 20 minutes last night because it felt nice to see someone giving us props

Reactions: Malkinstheman

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
The flyers board is bizarro world right now. Flyers fans hate their own team so much that they’re giving the Pens credit for being competitive this late into Sid/Genos careers. Feels weird. All their animosity is just towards their own team.

If anything, that fanbase has the monopoly on hate. About 10% of their fanbase are the worst human beings on earth. I saw the PIT-PHI clinching playoff game there in 2018 and a "father" with his 5 yo son was drunk as hell and screaming "Make em Bleeeeeeed!" the entire game. He then stormed out with his son and shoulder hit a high school freshman wearing a Pens jersey that was with our party. Such a "role model", but you can see they teach them young there.

I can say that I don't "hate" their team/players that much, but love PIT bringing their fanbase pain. Ristoleinen is a tough customer and cheap shots a lot, but makes up for it by being so terrible at his job as an NHL D man, so I kind of like him on their team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I mean, they had a team as good as ours in 2010 and then blew it up for Bryz and proceeded to do nothing while Giroux was a top ten player in the league.

During that time they’ve seen the majority of the stars and legacy Flyers go on to win cups in Gagne, Richards, Carter, and Timonen.

They’ve been horribly run the last decade compared to what they were prior to that which was consistently in a cup finals pretty much every decade.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I'll be there on 3/3. Also this website is the worst with ads out of every site I use. It actually feels like I'm on a pirated site. Ridiculous

If you don't have an add blocker, this site is worse than a free pR0n site. Sometimes I browse on the Ipad with no blocker, and then hate myself after 10s of it. The worst is the intentional add pop in delay that scrolls the screen down as you try to click into a thread, getting you to mis-click onto an add. Scum of the earth kind of stuff.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad