Post-Game Talk: |January 6|Pens win vs Flyers| Thats #10 in a row boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Those ticket prices make me sick..... Wish they were that cheap here.

Youre right though, its good were stockpiling points now. Schedule is going to get bad down the road. Thankfully its going to be bad for everyone.
I paid 240 a ticket to watch the Penguins beat up a marginal nhl team. Then one of those bandwagon fans threw a jersey on the ice.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Less weird than Ray Shero being a Pens gm given his ties to the Flyers.

Fair point.

Although I was not talking about the incestuous relationships of Fletcher working under Shero with the Pens and Hextall as a player and GM for the Flyers.

I was talking more about their regretting losing Hextall. Especially to the Pens. The story is still being written of course. But I wouldn't want to exchange GMs with them.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
200.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fair point.

Although I was not talking about the incestuous relationships of Fletcher working under Shero with the Pens and Hextall as a player and GM for the Flyers.

I was talking more about their regretting losing Hextall. Especially to the Pens. The story is still being written of course. But I wouldn't want to exchange GMs with them.
The only thing is the Flyers lost him to the Kings before us. But also, he was fired and went to the Kings. Kings he spent time in twice.

The league is like that though, incestuous. Old names recycled to death until fresh blood comes in and then they're fired for old names.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Fair point.

I doubt Philly is losing any sleep after “losing” Hextall. He made so many mistakes there.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The only thing is the Flyers lost him to the Kings before us. But also, he was fired and went to the Kings. Kings he spent time in twice.

The league is like that though, incestuous. Old names recycled to death until fresh blood comes in and then they're fired for old names.

I never got why he was fired. He did a great job building the Flyers. And then they got impatient and fired him and flushed it down the toilet.

And he has done a great job since being hired here as well. JR left this team in a bit of a mess. Hextall has been patient and made the right moves without selling what remains of the future.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I paid 240 a ticket to watch the Penguins beat up a marginal nhl team. Then one of those bandwagon fans threw a jersey on the ice.
Lucky man. $800 each here for a pair to see f***ing Donskoi beat the Pens in OT in G3 '16 SCF in San Jose. Still, my son and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. When I come to Vancouver to see the annual Pens game, I keep a couple hundred Canadian in my pocket to facilitate making bail (or the CA equivalent) when I finally lose it and beat the shit out of an obnoxious, aggro Canucks fan. Why are they so bad? Edmonton fans are a delight in comparison. Rangers, too, come to think of it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Really poor defensive effort by the Pens in the second period.
Definitely. Dumoulin has been our worst in the top 4 for most of this season and has been trending down since his ankle injury. If there's an area Hex needs to fix, it'd be upgrading on him. I'm ok with Math and Punchingbagersson as the other LHD but Dumoulin is done and they need to part ways with him.

Only issue is which teams are on the 10 team no trade list - probably mostly Canadian teams and the West.

I'd move Zucker and him for a picks, prospects, and rental so a spot isn't clogged for POJ.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lucky man. $800 each here for a pair to see f***ing Donskoi beat the Pens in OT in G3 '16 SCF in San Jose. Still, my son and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. When I come to Vancouver to see the annual Pens game, I keep a couple hundred Canadian in my pocket to facilitate making bail (or the CA equivalent) when I finally lose it and beat the shit out of an obnoxious, aggro Canucks fan. Why are they so bad? Edmonton fans are a delight in comparison. Rangers, too, come to think of it.
You might be the only other bloke here that understands that canucks fans are assholes. I go each time the Pens are in town and it's awful. They're always the f***ing worst. Zero redeeming qualities and their whiny blame of non fans torching their city after finals losses is bs. That is how their fans are as a whole.

We literally say nothing to them and mind our own. No heckling etc. But they get aggressive and in not only my face, but my wife's face with hateful shit.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I doubt Philly is losing any sleep after “losing” Hextall. He made so many mistakes there.

So many mistakes? He was fired because ownership saw him as too cautious and too patient.

The opposite of JR in a way.

Perhaps that is a fault. A mistake.

But he made far fewer mistakes than most GMs. And his approach meant that those mistakes he did make didn't hamstring the team with albatross contracts that you had to pay teams to take.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I never got why he was fired. He did a great job building the Flyers. And then they got impatient and fired him and flushed it down the toilet.

And he has done a great job since being hired here as well. JR left this team in a bit of a mess. Hextall has been patient and made the right moves without selling what remains of the future.
I like hextall. He's a master at gaining assets and boosting drafting and development. I used to defend Rutherford but months later I realized just how much damage that stupid old f*** did to this team. Cups are great but he destroyed the future of this team even when he didn't even need to and could have still kept this team strong.

The Hagelin deal sticks out to me so much. That one destroyed the dressing room and then the stupid old f*** doesn't even get that when you retain, you can't trade for that player back that same season.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
:confused: Canada isnt in south east Asia.
Well, I live 15 miles south of the Peace Arch border, thus 35 minutes from Richmond, so I think your position is debatable, but that is a different region of SE Asia for sure. Now, the Surrey long-haul truckers are a different story all together!
And no, its only like 23 Canadian for 1 American dolla dolla bill. Tickets started at about $80 when the Pens came to Calgary in the fall.
I'd pay that in a heartbeat to finally experience the Saddledome. Did they give up on replacing it? Don't tell me Atlanta wants another go at it? :rolleyes:

BmxHockey

Jan 4, 2012
San Diego
Rust with two games in a row with blown opportunities for a hat trick.

Defense is playing lights out.

Can’t wait to see this team with Jeff Carter and Evgeni Malkin.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Well, I live 15 miles south of the Peace Arch border, thus 35 minutes from Richmond, so I think your position is debatable, but that is a different region of SE Asia for sure. Now, the Surrey long-haul truckers are a different story all together!
I'd pay that in a heartbeat to finally experience the Saddledome. Did they give up on replacing it? Don't tell me Atlanta wants another go at it? :rolleyes:
You cant compare Ontario to the West, thats like comparing California to Texas.

Havent given up on replacing it, new current mayor is fighting the Flames with her "green" agenda. She didnt like the deal so she tacked on millions of new requirements at the permit level. Flames basically said pound sand to that.

$80 for those nose bleed tickets is bad. Usually I pay about $160 a ticket for at balcony level.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Rust with two games in a row with blown opportunities for a hat trick.

Defense is playing lights out.

Can’t wait to see this team with Jeff Carter and Evgeni Malkin.

Sully is going to really be careful about how to work them in without destroying some of the chemistry that is working on those lines.

Yes, it is very possible to do. And the Pens could be a terrifying team to play against if he does it right.

The depth built because of all these injuries will be incredibly useful come the playoffs and the inevitable Penguin avalanche of injuries the rest of the season and playoffs.

But like I said, Sully needs to get it right building new lines with Malkin and Carter in the lineup.

Reactions: BmxHockey

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
You might be the only other bloke here that understands that canucks fans are assholes. I go each time the Pens are in town and it's awful. They're always the f***ing worst. Zero redeeming qualities and their whiny blame of non fans torching their city after finals losses is bs. That is how their fans are as a whole.

We literally say nothing to them and mind our own. No heckling etc. But they get aggressive and in not only my face, but my wife's face with hateful shit.
The December 2019 game went fairly well until we headed to our car, parked next to BC Place, like 3 or 4 20 something punks wearing Nucks sweaters started taunting me and my 13 year old son and I was pretty sure the issue was going to be forced. My boy is a LAX player and tough but not mean, and he weighed maybe 120lbs soaking wet at the time and I figured it was going to be a mess. We got to the car, they caught up with us, my son, who does have a mouth, go figure, spun to the guy in front and said "Alex Burrows, Ring of Honor... You're f***ing kidding, right?" Punks just stared at him, slack jawed, we took the moment to jump in the car and got the f*** south. It was a proud Poppa moment, I have to say. And I have no idea why it happened. Penguins even lost!? We were quiet. I don't get it. Happy to have Seattle as an NHL alternative now, though I otherwise love visits to BC.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
You cant compare Ontario to the West, thats like comparing California to Texas.

Havent given up on replacing it, new current mayor is fighting the Flames with her "green" agenda. She didnt like the deal so she tacked on millions of new requirements at the permit level. Flames basically said pound sand to that.

$80 for those nose bleed tickets is bad. Usually I pay about $160 a ticket for at balcony level.
I like your analogy, though Austin and Silicon Valley do have a lot in common these days!

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

The Hakstol hiring and blind allegiance killed him. Hakstol was Hextall’s kid’s college coach and had no NHL experience. He did the same shit in LA when he hired his kid’s former head coach to coach the Monarchs. Hell, his son works for the Pens now.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I really dislike how the media keeps bringing up McGinn as a Tanev replacement, especially since he was very bothered and unhappy about it in an interview earlier this season

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Hakstol hiring and blind allegiance killed him. Hakstol was Hextall’s kid’s college coach and had no NHL experience. He did the same shit in LA when he hired his kid’s former head coach to coach the Monarchs. Hell, his son works for the Pens now.

I forgot about that. Similar to how Shero took the hit instead of Disco.

Still, the fact was that mostly Philly grew impatient with Hextall's patience.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Lol you kept that quiet. I'm in PoCo. Honestly all us Greater Vancouver posters should be watching the Dallas game together.
Might be a full strength lineup and we're on a 10 game heater. Special times.

Oh god wait..it's an 11am start :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad