GDT: | January 28th | 1900hrs EST | Pens vs Wings | We dont fly so we dont need no wings!

What is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The real deal with the devil we made in the GenX years was bringing in Stillers Nation. :laugh:

For real.

I was all like "more the merrier!" back then with the twinkling of sold-out seasons in my eyes. "Casual fans are great! We need to grow the sport!"

Ughhhhhhhh... but the price. I never consider the price...

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Well, that's why they call them "deals with the devil" not "deals with great results and no downsides!"

That's not what Charlie Daniels taught me.

Honestly if it's Stillers fans and you consider what Kordell Stewart had going on, Geno may actually have it a bit easy. I'll never understand people who become cultists for media figures in this town.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well, that's why they call them "deals with the devil" not "deals with great results and no downsides!"

"Ya gotta play dah hard-nosed defense n'at! Dat Gino only wants tah hat dahg arand with da puck. Save the heroics for dah Hinz Red Zohn!"

*moves around pile of IC Light empties to find the one that's a spitter*

That's not what Charlie Daniels taught me.

Honestly if it's Stillers fans and you consider what Kordell Stewart had going on, Geno may actually have it a bit easy. I'll never understand people who become cultists for media figures in this town.

The way Steelers fans/media treated that poor guy was a big reason I started losing interest in following the team. Pretty disgraceful.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Nah. Yohe was butchering Malkin for that breakaway by Eberle despite every shift of GCR turning into a 3 on 2 when they miss the net or trying to do 30 passes.

Or Jeff "Jesus" Carter getting totally worked on the tying goal.

Crickets.

And yes I know what came directly before that for any "Ackchyually!" dim bulbs in the peanut gallery.

Reactions: dogthateats

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The funniest thing is that the people who insist the team is terrible are also usually the ones who are most shocked and outraged when this supposedly terrible team loses. The regular season is too long, there is too much parity, of course the Pens (and every other team for that matter) are going to lose dozens of games. We have lost 3 of the last 20 and in all three it was tied in the third to boot. Thinking that the sky is falling at this juncture is hilarious.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sullivan flat out refusing to start DeSmith at this point should really push Hextall to make a move for a goalie right now. You can't keep riding Jarry like this. The team is comfortably in a playoff spot right now and Sullivan still doesn't feel comfortable playing DeSmith, I don't know what else needs to be done to push Hextall to make a move.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Will DeSmith play the entire game?

Hopefully, one of the turds sit tonight. We would have won without the fourth line last night.

tumblr_mbui1kpPoU1rxdw8g.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also, I just looked at the standings and I didn't realize how far in the playoffs the Penguins are right now. They currently have 60 points in 43 games, while the #9 seed in the East (Red Wings) are at 42 points in 43 games.

That wouldn't just be a monstrous collapse, that would be an unprecedented collapse.

Reactions: Andy99

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also, I just looked at the standings and I didn't realize how far in the playoffs the Penguins are right now. They currently have 60 points in 43 games, while the #9 seed in the East (Red Wings) are at 42 points in 43 games.

That wouldn't just be a monstrous collapse, that would be an unprecedented collapse.

No you don't understand... dropping a rando regular season game in OT halfway through the year in the middle of the team cruising to an easy playoff spot is the LINE, sir.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No you don't understand... dropping a rando regular season game in OT halfway through the year in the middle of the team cruising to an easy playoff spot is the LINE, sir.

I'm just more surprised for how bad teams 9-16 are this year. I knew the entire top-8 would be good, there are absolutely no surprised with any of those teams. But the massive drop off from "100ish point legitimate contenders" to "barely .500 teams" in the East is staggering, I don't recall the last time it was this drastic.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm just more surprised for how bad teams 9-16 are this year. I knew the entire top-8 would be good, there are absolutely no surprised with any of those teams. But the massive drop off from "100ish point legitimate contenders" to "barely .500 teams" in the East is staggering, I don't recall the last time it was this drastic.

Yeah.

The Pens are in a three way tie right now for first and then it kinda drops off the continental shelf after that. Well Washington is there, too but they are flagging, right now.

EDIT: rest of entire conference similar... Atlantic is FLA and TB with TOR and BOS in the second tier and then a huge nosedive

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I imagine a lot of it has to do with COVID and burn out.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
It makes an upcoming deadline super interesting actually because we pretty much already know who the East playoff have-nots are. It should...SHOULD....create a bit more of a buyer's market than there has been in recent years. None of this "we have a chance because we're only 12 points out in March!!" crap.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Yeah I can't either.
I don't like to jump to conclusions but this is as safe of a bet as you'll see midway through the season that the playoff teams won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad